Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Returned from BOLA
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 01:34 PM
Returned from BOLA

David K has that info. It's his friend, Vince Bond.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 02:57 PM

Ahh yes............................

Bond, Vince Bond!;D
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 03:48 PM

Trips

It's Bond.........Vince Bond. :o
Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 03:50 PM

Soul,

It bothers me too when I run into surley border guards, they are the "welcoming face" of the USofA.

Ilfyfish
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 04:04 PM

Being myself of public service sometimes i understand their feelings having

one of the most crappies job in world. Talking to so many people all day sucks.

Yes its there job but they are humans. its a drag oh well.

I crossed for 7yrs every day believe me I know how it is from both point of views, forget about it, let it go, nathing you do will make there day worse or better.

READY SET.....................
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I fired him off an email.
I am sure I will get a response promptly.
Or entered into another database.

the bosses are just like the peons -- the only people that homeland security can attract are the rejects from law enforcement. the homeland security boss that read your complaint is now retaliating by entering you in the rectal exam database. homeland security is full of small minded sadistic bureaucrats, complaining to them is dangerous...
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 05:56 PM

mtgoat666,
I submit that you are full of caca" or at least your reply is. You try dealing with all the folks that they deal with and keep a "positive " attitude. People are people and anyone is entitled to a bad day, Don't judge everyone by the few folks you mad have interacted with, and now I will get down from my box , and yes, I do feel better

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-20-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
David K has that info. It's his friend, Vince Bond.

Mr. Bond is one of my irrigation customers, and has always been a very nice person to deal with... I have known him 10 years... and beacuse the sprinkler and drip system still is operating well, 10 years later... I am probably on his okay list!:lol::light:

When I saw his name given on an Internet posting (here)... I contacted to let him know what Baja Nomad was all about and he asked me to post some details about the new rules regarding documentation required when returning to the U.S.

This was after an exchange about what happened when the American family who was returning from the Baja 1000, pulling a McMillin trailer were assulted near Tijuana/ Rosarito and had their vehicle taken from them... It's all on Nomad.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

thumbdown.gif posted on 5-21-2008 at 05:43 AM

Dealing with the public in any form on a day to day basis is the most thankless job in the world,I can,t amagine what it must be like at the border.
Rob
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 06:11 AM

"Dealing with the public ":o:o

its actually FUN for the the boys at the border...

where else can you go:?::?::?::?:
the "secret" tunnel???:lol:

they couldn't care less if everyone waits or gets mad...
job security:light::light:

[Edited on 5-21-2008 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 06:36 AM

yea franko, we allso met a a-hole there last trip what was the only crappy part of the trip. i let him know what i thought of him. bummed i missed the trip but buying a house was a little more importent. closes friday party soon after up at the cabin.
sloopy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 06:45 AM

I've crossed the border over a hundred times and I'd have to say about 99.9% of the time, we simply get asked our nationality or where we were born. Only once did I have to go through secondary with a dozen or so other vehicles, get out and watch as a huge x-ray truck scanned all the cars.
On the other hand, I heard that a U.S. Customs Agent in Calexico was arrested for assisting in drug and/or alien smuggling and also a young lady I know who had a good job issuing Mexican Passports in TJ quit her job recently. Apparently, her "new" boss started telling her to issue some passports with the paperwork she was handed. When this young clerk said she couldn't without speaking and meeting the applicants, she was told in no uncertain terms, she had better issue the passports or she would be sorry. The young lady said she couldn't do it because the regulations stated she had to personally see the applicants face-to-face to ask them questions. Bottom line....she didn't like what was starting to go on and quit her coveted position rather than get involved in what seemed to her, at least, illegally issued Mexican Passports. Sort of like the Dateline special on similar happenings in Peru.
Wonder how long something like this has been going on? Maybe bin Laden is cleaning bathrooms in Malibu?
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 11:24 AM

Most of my border dealings have been civil. Border guards that are mean or are not nice need to get a different job. Not all people are good with the public.
RockhouseTom
Junior Nomad

Mood: Really Ready to Go!

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 05:52 PM

Hey Soulpatch,

One of our best trips ever! Can't wait to see those pictures of the kids with the fish they caught. You left out the part about them catching enough to feed us all that night.

If I have not told you enough times yet, you should have followed us to Tecate. An 11 minute wait at the border and no secondary towing a loaded flat bed trailer. A new record for us. I guess we got one of the good guys at the border, although your family looks pretty suspicious!:lol:

\"FREEDOM\" William Wallace
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 06:38 PM

Quote:

Maybe bin Laden is cleaning bathrooms in Malibu?

Do they have caves in Malibu?
:lol:

Haven't had any really rude agents but got sent to secondary by a nice one. Sat there ten minutes then they said go.

Don't they enter your plates into their computer. I would imagine that they get a readout of certain data. Perhaps it shows the agent how many times you cross and that might either flag you or prompt them to investigate more.
I'll bet they have more info then we'd like to know about.:wow::wow::wow:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Most of my border dealings have been civil. Border guards that are mean or are not nice need to get a different job. Not all people are good with the public.

So true. It's a tough job, I'm sure but, if an agent can't handle the front lines, he/she shouldn't be on them. It weakens the process.

Frank....Glad you got a positive response from the top. Doubt if much will change but, it shows your complaint wasn't round-filed.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 08:58 AM

Hey soulpatch;
Yes us western geckoites are very pompous and need to separate ourselves from you south-enders. We drink only the cheapest mezcal and smoke Faro cigarrettes with our stems & seeds.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 09:33 AM

Glad to hear you and the family are home safe and sound. Great seeing the kids, they are getting sooooooooo big. And I would love to see the pictures of them fishing.

We had a BIG BLOW (westy) last night, knocked my concrete wall down! I'm afraid my roof is next! Also knocked over the new sign a Gueromo's (sp?) and shiskabobed it! Power was knocked out all over town, back on now. Sammie and Andy told me that a wall came of of Bo's trailer, have'nt checked it out yet, I'll check on your place too and report back.

Mean people suck!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 09:53 AM

Hey Deb,

Let me know if my trailers are still there. If so, would you give them a push for me? Save me some $$$ in tearing them down!

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 10:04 AM

Hi Deb, Check your U2U for a synopsis of our trip. Vaya con Dios, Paul

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.