Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quick Mulege Fishing trip
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 08:47 PM
Quick Mulege Fishing trip

We hitched a ride on a Cherokee-6 to Serenedad, Mulege on Monday. Went out on Tuesday(yesterday) about 30 miles with a friend, there were 5 on board, each of us caught 1 Dorado. Most of the trip only 2 had their fish, but on the way in about noon we trolled past a kelp paddy with a few booby birds on it resting and we got a triple hookup. The Dorado are there but out a bit,look for the kelp paddys. Some were caught @ 15 miles. Water temp 76F. Used lures made by Catchy with spinners on them. Weather was perfect except when we arrived back to San Diego today. Can't wait to go again!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 09:06 PM

Hi Vince. Glad you could make it down here, if only for a day. The dorado are definitely out there all right...and looks like they are coming in closer. Some were caught last week about 30 miles out, but in colder water.

There were some strong hookups near San Marcos using Mirro-lures over the hump north of the seal rocks. But whatever they were....busted off in the rocks...twice.

Those Catchy spinners sound interesting...can you post a photo? One can never have enough tackle.

See you down Baja-way. Oh yeah, it's hotter'n the gates of Hades here in the Bay.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 09:43 PM

http://www.catchytackle.com/home.htm
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2008 at 11:33 PM

Gracias, Ira

I like the designs. Especially the jethead ones. With the spinner it should be a winner. Vibrations, bubbles, and spray...good combinations.

I'll be shopping at Fisherman's Landing soon.:yes:

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 02:13 AM

Billy Baits!

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 10:07 AM

Roger- 'Twas a good trip, even got down to the house and checked on the new addition. Went swimming out front . All looks good on Coyote Bay. Now back in SD with cool cloudy weather. Hope to see you next time if you are there, arrive 13 June by car.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 01:40 PM
Hola Vince...sounds good.

Keep checking here for some more fishing reports to come...soon. We'll have em corraled for you by the time you get here.

Also...when you do get here, check out our local rockpile around the corner from Coyote. Some huge roosterfish have been trashing the baits on that old fishing hole.

This nice one was 50lb+ range. About 56" long. Caught on a jig and released back over the beans a week or so ago.

- 0 gbroosterbeans5-08pompano.jpg - 28kB

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 01:46 PM

Who said that guys from Oregon can't fish ?? :lol:
Maybe someone in Washington ?? :yes: :lol:

Nice fish Gary !!

[Edited on 5-22-2008 by Diver]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 01:51 PM

Pompano, Very nice fish! Congrats!!:yes:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Pompano, Very nice fish! Congrats!!:yes:

Not my fish, Cypress...but mi compadre's.

MINE are always too darn big to fit in the viewfinder, y'know.;D

Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2008 at 03:03 PM
Rooster@Rocafrijole

Roger- I saw that photo of the Roosterfish while staying at Marlin's on the Rio, I recognized the dogs! That is a major fish, last one I saw that sized there was about 30 years ago. Of course we see their babies in the nets way too often.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.