Author: Subject: BAM trip report is on BBP
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 04:13 PM
BAM trip report is on BBP

if anyone wants to check it out.

3 planes. 8 people .
Lorenzo's campo at SQ, Meling Rancho, Chivato and serenidad.
lots of pictures by Don and Joan via a picture show link. several dozen all hi rez excellent photo work.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 04:14 PM

BBP is no longer viewable without registration.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 06:20 PM

and registration is only available to those who pay!

I have emailed Jack/ Erik asking them why cut off the site from viewing... no responce.

It has been linked in my site for all these years, and now nobody but BBP members can read their board...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 08:06 PM

"I have emailed Jack/ Erik asking them why cut off the site from viewing... no responce (sic)."
don't hold you breath waiting either.:smug:;):spingrin:

sorry - i forgot they changed policy. great stuff there for those who want to join up tho.

you have to join and pay dues to read what they are saying about DK over there. :tumble::tumble:;)
:O

sorry, couldn't resist. jest in fun.;D

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 08:21 PM

Whoa, a snooty bunch over there. Yep, those pilots have a lot of testosterone.:O

David, I guess you may as well take the link down, no?

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 07:57 AM

Not sure... my link to BBP can stay and viewers can decide if $49/ year is worth it... for non-pilots who just are interested in reading what pilots have to say about flying/ landing in Baja.

An 'associate member' who can read (but not reply or post) the forum would be a nice offer. Does Jack think only pilots are interested in the BBP forums?

Now, a place like Nomad that we enjoy every day is definitely worth paying for!

[Edited on 7-11-2008 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 11:45 AM

David - here's why:

there is no advertizing on the BBP site except by members with stuff to sale, like a classified section. So no pesky ads and pop ups, trivial marketing BS to have to deal with.

Jack is our only lobby to protect our flying experiences south of the border and to fix the often screwed up legistation the mexican DGAC comes up with constantly. And the fact that Mexico is clueless in dealing with their own bureaucracy and communicating or keepind standards floating down to the airports and sub agencies. it is a constant mess basically.

he has to go to Mexico City 4 or more times a year to deal with them and protect USA pilots interests. he also works with the mexican quivalent to our AOPA and BBP. all of this cost tens of thousands of dollars and more than simply what member dues covers.
the rest of the ops capital is covered by dues, structured trips and sales of aviation periphery.

the problem is the info available on the BBP forums that is specific and procedural was forever free to all, and because guys could get good G2 (intel ) free to help them negotiate their trips and travel experiences, especially newbies, and they wouldn't pony up for dues that helped us all to keep things running well - it was agreed by all members to make the forums accessible to dues paying members only to encourage those that had been on the free ride to pitch in if they wanted the latest accurate info.

so it changed about 4 months ago.

if you're not flying light planes to mexico the $49 a year is a waste of your money, unless you just want to read some great stories by fun people.

its a great forum, well run and moderated. you NEVER see any personal attacks or flame-outs, but we do occasional poke good natured fun at one another as part of hangar flying.

i forgot about the ltd access when i started this note, it is good reading tho - any flyers here that are not BBP members please join and help support what the BBP does for you.
i can tell you their actions and lobby efforts have paid back way more than $50 a year in shelved taxes and fees the mexicans otherwise would be extorting from us private mexico flyers without the efforts of BBP admin.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 11:57 AM

Thanks Mike, that makes sense. But quit giving Doug ideas!!!:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 03:57 PM

ha!! well with what he likely makes now off of ad sales that last thing he'd consider would be a pay- for- access forum.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 04:44 PM

Doug is not getting rich, don't worry about that... so please continue to click on the Google ads at the top of the pages here, or use Nomad sponsor BajaBound.com for your insurance! Visit the Tienda Baja Nomad to order shirts, bumper stickers, calendars, books, etc.

Thanks Mike for the detailed answer... Perhaps more of you pilots can also share your fly Baja stories on the Nomad flying Baja forum so we don't miss the good stories we once could read on Baja Bush Pilots forums?

I sure miss Arnold Senterfitt ! Did you ever here the story about the Baja Bush Pilots logo, created by Dave Deal, for Arnold?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2008 at 07:13 AM

yes.
mired in the history.

i occasionally ask writers of really good tales to post here if they like but don't want to encourage taking BBP stuff out of their domain to compete elsewhere nor detract from their mission and essence.

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2008 at 06:16 PM

BBP & The Saturday Night Serinidad Pig Roast is Chapter 8 of my latest Baja adventure....coming soon.

Mike-I checked your place out real good. It's nice and secure and the patio is in perfect condition. Those BBP amigo's-amiga's know how to party like a rockstar...somehow I got swooped in the chaos...

1210-miles / 800 in the dirt --- Survived San Felipe to Loreto and back...

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2008 at 07:01 PM

hey Tim, were you just there along with the BAM group? BAM II is in Oct and i should be on that one.

thx for checking on mi patio casa, and i'll tell the new owner that it is secure, he is a great guy - how did you like the new orange paint??
i gave it up after 6 plus years. Time for change.
planning new digs elsewhere, likely pacific coast - time for a weekend summer getaway out of the phx heat. plus closer with avgas at $6 a gal.
so sorry i missed you post the trip or tell where to go to read it.

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2008 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
hey Tim, were you just there along with the BAM group? BAM II is in Oct and i should be on that one.

thx for checking on mi patio casa, and i'll tell the new owner that it is secure, he is a great guy - how did you like the new orange paint??
i gave it up after 6 plus years. Time for change.
planning new digs elsewhere, likely pacific coast - time for a weekend summer getaway out of the phx heat. plus closer with avgas at $6 a gal.
so sorry i missed you post the trip or tell where to go to read it.

Nah-not with the group..just happened along them as we rolled into HS. We did a 1210-mile trip crissing crossing the Peninsula down and back in the dirt and just happened on them at the same time.

Boy the temps were awesome all trip long - both sides nice as it gets with breezes etc...too much to tell here...:bounce:

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2008 at 09:32 PM

No Tim, not 'too much to tell'! Please tell!!:spingrin:

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2008 at 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
the problem is the info available on the BBP forums that is specific and procedural was forever free to all, and because guys could get good G2 (intel ) free to help them negotiate their trips and travel experiences, especially newbies, and they wouldn't pony up for dues that helped us all to keep things running well - it was agreed by all members to make the forums accessible to dues paying members only to encourage those that had been on the free ride to pitch in if they wanted the latest accurate info.

If my memory serves me? Jack also mentioned that various press outlets were quoting the Bush Pilots Organization after coming to the website. Obviously posts were all over the map shortly after violent aircraft thefts or other very serious news events and the "quotes" were not always accurate. I felt that this might have been what pushed Jack to close the forum from the public.

Now the lurkers are missing all the musings and banter of Bush Pilots like Capt. Mike and others. So even if you are just thinking about flying down to Baja or maybe want to hitch a ride and share expenses you should join the BBP and see what's going on.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2008 at 06:32 AM

yes Stickers, that is correct.
thx for encouraging others to join and support BBP. yes it is mainly of interest to pilots but there is a trickle down effect too.
plus these days with avgas going thru the roof more and more pilots are seeking shared cost riders there so then non owners/pilots can get in on the action but you have to be able to post and receive contact info.

and there are good stories and trip reports often.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.