Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Kawasaki KLX250S
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2008 at 09:31 PM
New Kawasaki KLX250S

The July 30th issue of Cycle News has a piece on the new KLX250S and under specifications it says the seat height is 47.4 inches. I must assume this bike was built for the NBA players.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 7-26-2008 at 10:49 PM

TW, surely they meant 27.4 or they better be building these for Shaq or Wilt just like you said:lol:. Later------------------- bajafun777

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 12:17 AM

27.4 is still FOUR full inches lower than my significantly lowered DR 650. Seems like it would have to be a misprint. Even I could flat foot that thing with my shoes off!!:lol:

And, my legs are shorter than a Mexican dog's legs.:no:

32 inch. seat height on this one...

DR lowered reduced.JPG - 49kB

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 07:16 AM

Kawasaki web site:

Nonetheless, the 35.0-inch seat height of the new KLX is surprisingly a skosh taller than the old model, but I had no trouble flat-footing it with my 34-inch inseam.

Corky:lol::lol:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 01:27 PM

47.4 inches does seem a little high :wow:. My bike has a seat height of 38 inches and I would not want to go any higher then that. It would be nice if it were an inch or two lower but then you would be sacrificing ground clearance.

IMG_0746 640x480.JPG - 48kB
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 06:46 PM

Whoa...I missed that one completely. I guess my 26" inseam, which is somehow connected to my brain, just couldn't even believe I was reading FORTY seven and a half.

Not all of us can have a pit guy to put boxes under our feet when we have to sit on the machine when it is stopped!

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 06:51 PM

47" has to be a typo. My KLR650 is 35", which is freakishly tall for many riders.

[Edited on 7-28-2008 by bajadogs]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 09:15 PM

OVERALL HEIGHT 47.4"

SEAT height 35"

According to the spec sheet I just looked up.

Bill Kauth

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2008 at 09:54 PM

aaaaaaaaah!

Thanks Vags...
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-30-2008 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jack
47.4 inches does seem a little high :wow:. My bike has a seat height of 38 inches and I would not want to go any higher then that. It would be nice if it were an inch or two lower but then you would be sacrificing ground clearance.

Nice bike Jack, where can I get one like it?...dt
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 7-30-2008 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:
Originally posted by jack

Nice bike Jack, where can I get one like it?...dt

The bike is a 2008 KTM 950 Super Enduro. I don't want to brag, but...this is by far the most fun bike I have owned in 35 years of riding. The bike puts out about 90HP and its just nuts to ride. You can destroy a new rear tire in one ride. Some bikes can easily spin the rear wheel, some can wheelie like crazy, some can throw a massive roost...the SE can do all these at once. OK, enough bragging. The cons to this bike is that it is heavy, 450lbs wet, and it is high. Lots of complaints about these two things. KTM must have been listening because if the rumors are correct the 2009 model will be lowered. If your interested there are still some 2007 models out there for good prices, the 2007 and 2008 models are identical. For a ton of info on the bike go to the ADVrider site and go to "Orange Crush". If you have lots of time search ADVrider for "Team Double Barrel" and find the report about how 3 guys entered last years Baja 1000 with an SE. This is a very long post but for all you Baja 1000 fanatics it describes how privateers with very minimal sponsorship and just friends and wives for support and pit crews made it through this race.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-30-2008 at 12:54 PM

Thanks Jack, I'll check it out.

We had a team in last years 1000. It was our first SCORE race but we've been racing desert for some time. We rode a KTM 525 and did pretty good. Our plan was to be conservative and try to finish and we did. 8th place open sportsman (out of 55). I rode the last leg into Cabo, what a zoo. I was expecting the crew there with hugs and high fives all around but got there before them because of the crazy traffic......I mean because I was so fast...
It was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to doing it again.....dt

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.