Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: old mill food
doradodan
Nomad

Mood: boracho

[*] posted on 8-3-2008 at 10:11 PM
old mill food

just passed through san quintin, had not been to this place in 8 years. it was great then, now, the food has no flavor, and is expensive. had breakfast at Don Eddies, great and reasonable.

\"The time spent off the water, I\'m thinking of ways to get back in\"
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 08:18 AM

It was bad when I was there too. Cielito Lindo is the happening place
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 08:34 AM

Even the owners of the OLD MILL motel tell you not to eat there. Not only bad tasting, but also ransid and unproperly refrigerated.
Cielito Lindo works real well, but if you don't want to drive that far Pedro's Palapa on the main dirt road about a mile from the Mill. And as suggested, Don Eddies next door is good also.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 09:46 AM

Aw yes, Cielito Lindos greasy crab claws. :)
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 02:10 PM

great margaritas at Cielito,but one to many and the short walk to your room can get a little confusing:lol::lol:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by doradodan
just passed through san quintin, had not been to this place in 8 years. it was great then, now, the food has no flavor, and is expensive. had breakfast at Don Eddies, great and reasonable.

I agree with the good food at Don Eddies. Sorry the Old Mill was bad I last ate there a little over a year ago and it was good.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 07:05 PM

had more than one excellent breakfast at the Old Mill and one really crappy one at Don Eddy's where nothing that was on the menu seemed to be available that day... But Pedro's Palapa is an excellent back up if you like clams, oysters or ceviche (and beer) because that's pretty much all there in on the menu...and a pool table! I would not put much credit into the "hotel's suggestions" about the restaurant...they've been at battle for years.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
doradodan
Nomad

Mood: boracho

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 07:37 PM

stayed at the old mill motel, 2 bdm clean, patio $70 and 2 free beers. great deal. Woke up looking out at he bay.

\"The time spent off the water, I\'m thinking of ways to get back in\"
jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 10:20 AM

Yes, the owners of the Old Mill suggested we have dinner at Don Eddies. Had a fabulous lobster dinner with all the trimming for around $25. Then spent the rest of the evening in the Old Mill bar taste testing "several" brands of tequila. It was a wonderful evening to say the least.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
I would not put much credit into the "hotel's suggestions" about the restaurant...they've been at battle for years.

:yes::yes: Kept the courts busy

jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
great margaritas at Cielito,but one to many and the short walk to your room can get a little confusing:lol::lol:

Several years back we stayed at Cielito Lindo and 4 of us were in one of the rooms playing cards all night. One of the waiters from the restaurant would come by every hour to replinish our refreshments. Even brought us appetizers. How's that for service??? Then another time we rolled through really late at night and there was no electricity or hot water. Still love the place.
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 08:49 PM

Totally agree, Old Mill's food sucks. Don Eddies ok for breakfast. Cielito Lindo, great crab claws but sooooo messy. Had them cook up some halibut we brought back from south of Bay of LA one time and that was excellent. Also, yes, margies are dangerous! As far as the rooms at Cielito Lindo, last time we stayed there I felt I was going to get mold poisoning, I mean, REALLY. It was so bad I was a bit scared to breath it in all night. Swore I'd come back for margies, but not staying there again. Oh, Old Mill has great rooms!
makana.gabriel
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 11:18 PM

Whatever happened to the former owners of Old Mill Inn & restaurant? The parents lived a little north in a great home they were constructing overlooking the ocean and the daughter and son in law ran the restaurant. Food & ambience were always top notch!

FAITH sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible!
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 08:36 AM

Cielito Lindo rooms have that excellent insecticide smell. In fact, after I slept there I was finally free of my life long crab lice infestation!
aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 03:43 PM

The Margies at CL are the best....If you have more than 2 and you are pulled over by the cops just smile and say in english..."i'm not as think as you drunk i am, osckifer":lol:
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 09:53 PM

We used to stay at the Mill on the way home from Baja Sur but no more, 40 years of travel. It was good but 2 years ago it fell through the chitter. I'm not sure why. Now we stay at the new place in San Q with good parking and a very plain but excellent restaurant.

Look at ttp://www.hotellavilla.biz/sanquintin/

In Guuerro Nigro we stay at Don Gus

Loreto is SuKasa Bungalows

EdZ KG6UTS
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-18-2008 at 09:57 PM

I have sent several friends to stay at Los Jardines in San Quintin and all have reported a great experience. they also have a nice restaurant as well...

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 07:48 AM

Old Mill Restaurant is closed and has FOR RENT sign in the window...

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 07:54 AM

go with bajagringo on this one; la jardines is a wonderful hotel and their daughter runs a great restaurant right next door...it's the turnoff just after, (or just before, depending on which way you're going), the old mill.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-19-2008 at 10:23 AM

I was down at the dock at El Molino last week and the Old Mill restaurant was open. Did they close in the last couple of days???

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.