Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Great Trip to San Quintin
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 05:49 PM
Great Trip to San Quintin

Cristina and I made a trip down to San Quintin and spent several days with a friend who is building a home along the coast north of the bay. Did some hiking and discovered a secluded beach that felt like we had taken a step back in time. We liked it enough to buy a piece of property ourselves and hope to start building before the end of the year. Here are some photos we took...

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 06:41 PM

Allright, good for you!

The plans for the new house MUST be drawn on a napkin while enjoying a nice dinner together!

That is a nice area, now is that about straight across from Isla San Martin?

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Allright, good for you!

The plans for the new house MUST be drawn on a napkin while enjoying a nice dinner together!

That is a nice area, now is that about straight across from Isla San Martin?

Funny you say that - we actually put together some floorplan ideas on a napkin where we ate in San Quintin yesterday before leaving town. Already started working on them in autocad!

The location is almost straight across from San Martin island. It is about a 25-30 minute drive west from the highway to the coast although our friend says he makes it in less; probably true once you know the road.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 06:57 PM

Photo number 4 is just great! Thanks.

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you stay at Jardins?

Diane

Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 07:16 PM

Beautiful pictures man, thanks for sharing....

READY SET.....................
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 07:20 PM

Congrats Ron...Nice Pictures too.

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 9-14-2008 at 09:22 PM

Ok, are those starfish really like 6 feet across or is that just your camera?

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Photo number 4 is just great! Thanks.

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you stay at Jardins?

Diane

We were planning on staying there Diane as our friends place was under construction and we didn't think it would be too comfortable to share space in his small trailer he has used as home since he broke ground months ago. As it turned out he has come a long way in the few months since our last visit. His roof is on, doors and windows installed and even sports indoor plumbing! He insisted that we stay with hm as his first house guests. He is on a generator right now but they are in the process of running electrical out there and should be on by January at the latest. One of the reasons why we decided to buy - figured they would be raising prices as soon as CFE arrives.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Ok, are those starfish really like 6 feet across or is that just your camera?

Ha! Actually I had to lay on my stomach to get this one just a foot away. Right after I took the photo a wave came up and covered me. It was all I could do to keep the camera from getting wet...

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 08:39 AM

Thanks for the report, and pics....nice. There's a another spot a bit further north of where you were, almost where San Martin is directly west of the beach that I've camped with ATVs, and a 4x4 as a support for carrying gas. Dunes, beach to yourself, and if your into surfing...nice break. That area is far enough off Mex.1, it keeps most people from driving there. Congratulation on your find. 10 miles from the highway mas o menos....make it in 15-20 mins.

[Edited on 9-16-2008 by TonyC]
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 02:59 PM

If you take that same access road in from Mex Hwy 1 and then turn left once you reach the beach, our place is about a half mile down. This is the road leading there - look familiar? Really like the beaches there - no trash, people or noise. As electrical lines are on the way it probably won't stay that way forever. Hopefully we can enjoy it for awhile yet...

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyC
Thanks for the report, and pics....nice. There's a another spot a bit further north of where you were, almost where San Martin is directly west of the beach that I've camped with ATVs, and a 4x4 as a support for carrying gas. Dunes, beach to yourself, and if your into surfing...nice break. That area is far enough off Mex.1, it keeps most people from driving there. Congratulation on your find. 10 miles from the highway mas o menos....make it in 15-20 mins.

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2008 at 03:11 PM

Think your good for many years. I do know that road, I've played there a few times. BajaGringo is your new find what Rosarito was years ago?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 07:00 AM

to where are they bringing elec in that area that doesn't have it? i thot it was everywhere in SQ?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyC
Think your good for many years. I do know that road, I've played there a few times. BajaGringo is your new find what Rosarito was years ago?

I first came to Rosarito 40+ years ago as a kid and it never looked this pristine. You would probably have to go back over a hundred years ago to find anything like this. Others who have been coming to Rosarito longer may have a different opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
to where are they bringing elec in that area that doesn't have it? i thot it was everywhere in SQ?

There is electrical service throughout the San Quintin commercial areas and most of the bay. The land we purchased is along the Pacific coastline just north of the bay, probably 8 miles west off the Highway 1. There is electricity available on the other other side of the volcano near the property. Here is a photo I took in the early morning looking east towards the volcano. The power lines are being brought in a quarter mile south of there.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 12:21 PM

nice.....so where is the closest air strip to your place B Gringo??
pedregal or ?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2008 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
nice.....so where is the closest air strip to your place B Gringo??
pedregal or ?

The air strip at Pedregal is about 3½ miles southeast. I heard that they are looking at building a longer strip further north along the east side of Bahia Falsa. That would only be about a mile and a half from our place.

Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 03:19 PM

Wow amazing pictures. Looks like paradise!! Congrats:yes:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.