Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Bike Trip/Summer '08
MOTOSOTO

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 05:24 PM
Baja Bike Trip/Summer '08

http://www.motorrad-adventure.com/events/bajasoto0708/

...a little photo-essay from my trip down through Baja over the Holiday
weekend...the KTM990/ADV was begging for one of my off-road adventures...trust me-the bike and rider got a fair share of adventure!

So, when the fireworks dimmed on Friday (July 4th) night-it was out
the driveway and down the freeway to the border-- See you out there-SOTO

Photo Credits: Jon Beck/SotoFoto
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 06:43 PM

Welcome to BN, MOTOSOTO,I can figure out where you whent on your trip, can you help me with that.Nice pictures..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 07:10 PM

If I had to guess, I would say that it looks like the pine forest area where the Baja 500 went through in '06?

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 9-18-2008 at 10:38 PM

Nice pictures! Looks like a great trip!

diverdowntown

[*] posted on 9-27-2008 at 07:28 AM
Paperwork requirements for bring motorcycle accross border?

Hello,
I was wondering if you could tell me exactly what is required to bring a bike over the mexican border. Ive been told that you have to have the pink slip with you, the original? is that true? Im still waiting for mine from the state. I have aa 640 adventure, how did your 900 ktm fair? Also what kind of insurance do you recommend? what is mandatory? I'd like to drive down about half way on the pac side then switch to the sea of cortez side on the way back, can you recommend a good root?

cheers
MOTOSOTO

[*] posted on 10-12-2008 at 10:50 PM

...sorry for the delayed response-been out riding!

As for paperwork-I carry the following; registration, proof of insurance and that's about it. I got conflicting info regarding insurance on Motorcycles. AAA said that it wasn't necessary, and a few other carriers said it did. I carry AAA on my cars Stateside and asked them to check their policies and there was an option for "liability only". Since it varied-I think it's a good idea to carry whatever you can. As for the "pink-slip"--I just carry a color copy that's notarized as "copy"...knocking on wood-never had a problem with it, but it's only a mater of time that something does come up, I'm sure.

...as for the route--El Compadre from Tecate---to Ojos Negros---east to Trinidad for gas and up to Mike's Sky Ranch...easy route for a big ADV bike...I usually can be found [riding solo] on my trusty XR650R throughout that area...fabulous scenery, terrain and what a treat when you arrive at Meling, El Coyote or Mikes!

See you out there--
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2008 at 07:15 AM

Great pixs and beautiful country, oh how I wish I was there now.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2008 at 08:03 PM

Thanks MOTOSOTO,by the way, it's Soto part of your real name, I had some friends in high school with that last name "Soto".

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
bajamikey
Nomad

Mood: baja with a cold pacifico

[*] posted on 10-13-2008 at 09:05 PM

great pictures!i do a lot of weekend trips out of santa veronica to mikes or san felipe.i ride a crf450x and my amigo rides a xr650 maybe we will see you at mikes some time

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.