BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: To share or not to share... that is the question!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-19-2008 at 09:36 PM
To share or not to share... that is the question!

Hubby says "no" and I am going to do "some" sharing as I have just had so much great info sent my way that I feel it's just the right thing to do!!

Am exhausted after our trip from TS to Aqua Verde but wanted to post a road report. We left TS at 9:30 am last sat. and had an uneventful drive to C.C. where we stopped for groceries, lunch (chicken at Ley's and also tried their Chile con crema ... very good) After ice and gas stop we were on our way.

The road off the highway(to Aqua Verde) was devastated with the last hurricane and it took us over 2 1/2 hours to get to the village. Many wash outs and very rough conditions. We were very happy not to have a vehicle any larger than the Westy. At one point, on one of the cliffs, we encountered a herd of cattle! We stopped and after a time of starring each other down, the cattle moved against the cliff and we inched our way passed them as we made sure our tires did not slip off the edge of the road:O:O
We saw several LARGE leather back tarantulas... very cool for us Canadians!
We camped on the beach at the edge of town and had the pleasure of meeting several local families. There were no other campers and only one other vehicle came in while we were there.
It took us just over 2 hours to get to the highway this am. There are several "work crews" on road... Seems like an endless process.
I guess it is just one of those places that, if you can get there... WOW!!! I promised hubby I would not share much more but if anyone has any desire to visit the place, please U2U and I will share!!!!

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-19-2008 at 10:52 PM

That must be some kinda tough Westie you guys have! Thanks for your"no" report Marie-Rose!Are you taking pics of your travel?Ya gotta love the stare-down cattle thing! My G-daughter asked me today if cows were smart...I just told her they had big heads and little brains(she's four).Keep on taking us with you on your journey, please. I can't get down there:no:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 06:35 AM

okay, just because you mentioned dumb cows, I'll pipe in. Several years ago my (now ex) husband and I spent some time at his g-parents ranch where my mamma cow had her first baby. I named the baby Oreo (black and white). Everyone at the ranch thought I was nuts.

She learned her name and would always come when called. The Uncle who worked the cows thought it was neat because whenever he would go looking for the cows he would always call out for Oreo - she was the only one with a name. When she would answer him, or come to him, he knew what direction the rest were. She was a dear, sweet cow who just wanted her head scratched from time to time.

Unfortunately she was killed on the highway at 2 1/2 yrs old.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.