Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Off Road Warehouse
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 04:12 PM
Off Road Warehouse

That sucks...their business must be booming in these tough economic times...send a link to this thread to their CEO in about a week, after it gets to 5 pages and 1000's of views....

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 04:21 PM

I was there just this week getting Bilsteins installed on my '88 Toyota 4x4 that is a full timer in Baja, while I had a good experiance and the price was right, I think those guys go through an extensive sales training program, and are only interested in getting you sold on a product right away.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Happyjack
Banned

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 04:31 PM

Most times it is the attitude of the customer. Do you project a know it all, or holier than thou demeanor?
ORW is a solid company, with a solid client base. Your call to a vendor, and subsequent ratting out of the sales person, probably caused much grief for nothing. I would not be surprised if ORW would not offer their products in the future. That is how the relationship between the manufacturer and the retail provider works.
Well done.:bounce:

letting my mind go where my body can't take me.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 05:21 PM

I purchased my rear suspension upgrades from ORW (Escondido store) that included better Bilstein shocks and Ride Rite air springs ('air bags')... and ORW did the installation... So far so good, I am very happy with their recommendation and installation (so far). Sorry you got a bad person Frank... perhaps try further up the corporate ladder?

It's great to never 'bottom out' (anymore)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 05:29 PM

Happyjack, do you work for ORW?

That would explain your take on this story. When you get bad service from a retailer a logical step is to bump it up to the manufacturer. To say that is ratting out the salesman is ridiculous.

Ken
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 06:00 PM

oh...my mistake, i misread.
i thought this was going to be about a little fun house that was off the beaten track a ways....:lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I find it reprehensible that a company that puts a Jesus fish on their buildings as a selling point is so full of $h!t.

Instead of Liftair, you should have called Pat Robertson. :rolleyes:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 06:31 PM

I vote with my checkbook and VISA card,,,,,and from now on, ORW does not get my vote. Apparently they have not heard of customer service.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 07:56 PM
Prejudice and Racism!

I seen people get screwy attitudes at Off Road shops in the past, but I like to support the smaller, family-run shops like - 4West in Colton, CA, All J Products in Big Bear, CA, and even the giant 4 Wheel Parts store in Riverside.

At the 4 Wheel Parts store in Compton, CA I received MAJOR attitude from a rude salesman that simply didn't want my patronage. I just walked away from him midsentence, and found another salesperson to work with me. My experience with the other salesperson was fine, and I haven't given the rude salesman any thought.

At the Dick Cepek store in Riverside, CA there was a Latino-American man who spoke very wobbly English requesting information on a suspension for his Chevy pickup. The salesman yelled right back at him, "WHAT DID YOU SAY??? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!" I felt bad for this guy, as he was obviously trying his hardest to speak clear English, but the salesman just didn't want his business.

At ORW, I was looking over the shocks on display several years ago, and I was watched like a hawk the entire time I was inside the store. I can get the hint, so I haven't spent a dime in that store.

At the 4Wheel Parts and 4West stores, people there recognize me, know that I am polite and don't waste their time, and I **SPEND MONEY EACH TIME I WALK INSIDE OF THEIR STORE**.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 07:31 AM

The salesman yelled right back at him, "WHAT DID YOU SAY??? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!" I felt bad for this guy, as he was obviously trying his hardest to speak clear English, but the salesman just didn't want his business

absolutely classless!! what a marooon. he should be fired by any boss or supervisor who understands proper service is for all customers.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:29 AM

There still a Dick Cepek store in business??? Those were great...

As for 4 Wheel Parts, the one near here has the worst counter staff... no knowledge, took forever to get answers, prices...

The local ORW was great... It must be each store being totally unique in how the staff treats us???

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
There still a Dick Cepek store in business??? Those were great...

This was about 10 yrs ago.

burnrope
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 01:23 PM

Never trust a religious f'er.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 02:02 PM

Customer service is the biggest reason many business have problems up to and including going out of business. If I get poor customer service I never go back and I make sure to tell others that may think of going there.
There is a Mexican resturant in Mira Mesa (SD) that I ate at once and would not go back for 8 years. My wife liked it, near her work, so I went back and the second time was no better. That was 15 years ago. Twice was enough for me.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 03:07 PM

Yes, fool me once shame on you! Fool me twice shame on me!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 07:53 PM

Unfortunately, as is often the case, it seems to be who you know and who you talk to.

I've had a great relationship with ORW for many years. This is not to say that I always get outstanding service. People change positions/jobs and what happens one day may not happen with the next employee. My go-to guy used to work in the Escondido store, and over the years worked his way up in the company. Recently I ordered something from the Escondido store, and was quoted their standard price. When I called to talk to my contact, he was able to give me the good guy price, and make it show up on the invoice so I didn't even have to talk to the guy I originally ordered from.

I'm not saying what they did to you and how they treated you is right... In fact, I think the management needs to know about it. But I'd like to think given the chance (and the right person to talk to) they would try to make it right for you. As others have said, customer service means everything in retail, especially in this day and age of internet blogs and bulletin boards where the word can get spread in a hurry.

Glad you got your parts from the manufacturer and got your ride working again. At least they were able to help you out.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

At ORW, I was looking over the shocks on display several years ago, and I was watched like a hawk the entire time I was inside the store. I can get the hint, so I haven't spent a dime in that store.

:lol::lol::lol:----Hey, I have seen pics of you, and I would also "watch you like a hawk"---:lol::lol::lol:

In this day and age, you gotta watch EVERYBODY "like a hawk".

You need to wear a T-shirt that says in big letters something like, "YES, I REALLY DO HAVE A JEEP RUBICON" when you shop in those 4x4 stores :lol::lol:

Barry
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

:lol::lol::lol:----Hey, I have seen pics of you, and I would also "watch you like a hawk"---:lol::lol::lol:

In this day and age, you gotta watch EVERYBODY "like a hawk".

You need to wear a T-shirt that says in big letters something like, "YES, I REALLY DO HAVE A JEEP RUBICON" when you shop in those 4x4 stores :lol::lol:

Barry

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatchOh, where is that ahole hack that implied it might be my attitude and approach. 3 times is a charm for me.

Don't sweat it. I went there, looked around, had nobody wait on me, but watched me like I might steal something, and I never went back.

bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Hey Andy, that is why I tried three different times with these doorknobs. Once by phone, once in person and again by phone after talking to Air Lift over the phone.....all I got was the impression that they did not give a chiite about my business or making things right. Screw them.

Hey dude... not trying to defend them. Sounds like you got the royal shaft and they deserve not to have your business. Money talks. I was just trying to point out that its often who you talk to, and that I've been treated right only when talking to "my guy" at ORW.

You're right though... nice way to promote an image of Christianity (and all the supposed trappings thereof, like honesty, integrity, respect, etc.) just to fatten up the bottom line. Can anyone say hypocritical?

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.