Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tide predictor not working for me
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 05:52 AM
Tide predictor not working for me

The tide predictor that many of us use is not working for me and hasnt been for several days. It is here.

The problem I'm having is that I cant input any dates without it kicking me to the instruction page. I've tried three browsers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:05 AM

It's broke......It kicks me back to instructions too. If you find it working again let us know I'd like to see how well it works.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:19 AM

try this
http://oceanografia.cicese.mx/predmar/calmen.php

tideDec.jpg - 44kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:28 AM

Works for me. Thanks Bob!! :yes:

Just do it!
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 08:17 AM

Bob, that is a new format for this site and it loaded with information. It is fairly easy to tell at a glance what the good yellowtail fishing days are for the month of December. For example the 3rd throu the 8th are going to probably be poor since there is little if any tide current. Starting on the 9th and going through the 15th, things should really be cooking. 17th through the 22nd promise to be pretty slow, and 23rd through the 29th or 30th should be good. I find that when the tide starts to increase, is the very best time, like 23-26, and things may start to slow down on the 27th through the 30th. The day before the full moon is usually good but the day after is usually slow.
This holds good information for reef fish like yellowtail and cabrilla.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 08:23 AM

I use this site a lot for tides

http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Bob, that is a new format for this site and it loaded with information. It is fairly easy to tell at a glance what the good yellowtail fishing days are for the month of December. For example the 3rd throu the 8th are going to probably be poor since there is little if any tide current. Starting on the 9th and going through the 15th, things should really be cooking. 17th through the 22nd promise to be pretty slow, and 23rd through the 29th or 30th should be good. I find that when the tide starts to increase, is the very best time, like 23-26, and things may start to slow down on the 27th through the 30th. The day before the full moon is usually good but the day after is usually slow.
This holds good information for reef fish like yellowtail and cabrilla.

Good stuff here....I will be going out Monday the 22nd and all the following calm days. Be good to catch some dinner again! The only deterrent to my fishing is too much wind!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 09:14 AM

For the Mac users OS-X 10 .4: http://www.mrtides.com/Tides3/Home.html
This has some cool options. Here's what it looks like.....

Mr. Tides Sample.jpg - 47kB
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 10:53 AM

Thanks to all. Got the info I needed.

AcuDoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 11:36 AM

Tnx Russ

very cool sight for us Mac guys
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AcuDoc
Tnx Russ

very cool sight for us Mac guys

A Mexigeek? :lol: :lol::P

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
try this
http://oceanografia.cicese.mx/predmar/calmen.php

I use that one too because of the calendar format.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 06:49 PM

Woooosh, at the top of Mr. Tide there is a calendar button.

Mr Tide ~Calendar.jpg - 46kB
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Good stuff here....I will be going out Monday the 22nd and all the following calm days. Be good to catch some dinner again! The only deterrent to my fishing is too much wind!

Roger, I know you are a fan of the bottom fish that are much better eating than the yellowtail, so the slower tides usually mean that it is easier to get to the bottom when there is a little less current. I normally fish for Cabrilla and Extranjo (Gold Spots) on the days when the yellowtail fishing is in the tank due to lack of current. For the wind I use:

http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=BA&program=...

Between that, Weatherunderground, and checking to see if my palm trees are still standing, I usually can get a good idea if it makes sense to venture out. All the reports look good for Monday on for next week at this point.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Woooosh, at the top of Mr. Tide there is a calendar button.

Thanks- that's pretty too, and a lot cleaner

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
I find that when the tide starts to increase, is the very best time...

That's also true for striped bass here in the delta. The knowledgeble fishermen don't bother fishing during slack tide. But once the water starts to move the areas around cuts and levee gaps get real good.

I think that baitfish become more vulnerable during these times and the gamefish are on the alert. My theory is that the flow of water affects their ability to swim rapidly and big fish overtake them. But I really have no proof of this. What do you think? Why are those slicks on the cortez, where water is flowing around structure, good places to fish?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2008 at 11:13 PM

For me, it's a blend of palm leaves in the early dawn, stars the night before, moon phases, whether I have chores, desire to see a whale, etc.

But yes, the slack is pretty dull..even in Cook Inlet, Alaska...but we go anyway. It's not the fish, but the fishing.

p.s. Pescador, thanks for the weather site info, I've also been using bouyweather for a few years for winds and tides. Lost my taste for surfing back home...

[Edited on 12-21-2008 by Pompano]

LOSARIPES
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2008 at 05:14 AM

While playing with the oceanografia.cicese page I saw that there will be a "Blue Moon" in Dec 09. Cool.... 2 full moons on the same calendar month...

Aripes
God bless America
and Baja tambien
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2008 at 06:36 AM

Hey, Thanks for that info, LOSARIPES....should be a fishing challenge and just in time for mi amore's next birthday. I'll dust off my copy of 'Blue Moon' and play it on the boat while jigging up a pinto for dinner.

Kind of Baja nostalgic: ;)

"Blue moon, Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own .."

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2008 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

That's also true for striped bass here in the delta. The knowledgeble fishermen don't bother fishing during slack tide. But once the water starts to move the areas around cuts and levee gaps get real good.

I think that baitfish become more vulnerable during these times and the gamefish are on the alert. My theory is that the flow of water affects their ability to swim rapidly and big fish overtake them. But I really have no proof of this. What do you think? Why are those slicks on the cortez, where water is flowing around structure, good places to fish?

First of all, the slicks are good indicators of currents and you are right that they carry floating junk and debris and this is good for smaller fish, which attracts larger fish, etc. right on up the food chain.
As far as the smaller bait fish on the reefs, you are exactly right, they have more difficulty swimming with the currents washing across the reefs. On the reefs north of San Marcos Island, I have been fishing them enough that I have a pretty good idea on any given current day where they will be located to take advantage of the baitfish. Most assume that they will always be on the on the front of the reef but that is not always the case since the baitfish like to huddle in the swirling eddies which give them a little relief from the current just like trout use in a river. So the tide times are important in the picture as well as direction. Oftentimes, I have seen an afternoon bite take off and the fish come up and feed like there is no tommorrow both because of the current and because there are no boats present to put them down. And all of this is mere conjecture if the da** wind blows which means now matter how good the tides are, it won't help if you are stuck to the beach.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.