Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Slim's Bahia Conepcion trip w/Pictures
EnseNADAslim
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 06:27 PM
Slim's Bahia Conepcion trip w/Pictures

It was a great trip, everything and more that we expected. We headed out early from our home in Ensenada on Friday the 20th and pulled into Mulege that night and just hoteled it. The next day it was up and out and we headed out to Bahia Concepsion to check stuff out and I had some killer Chilaquillas at Buenaventura--dang they were good. We then quickly knew that we were wasting our money at the hotel as there was a nice palapa and neighbors waiting for us at Playa El Coyote.

Sunday we spent some time on the east side of the bahia to see if there was any place interesting to maybe do an afternoon trip to and we soon decided that we'd just stick to the west side of the bay, however we did catch this very special and unique moment as and Young Osprey ate his fish

Monday morning we got kind of a late start as we had to load up everything into the yaks and then secure the car and say Adios to our friends at Playas El Coyote and Gary gladly took charge of watching our stuff. We Playa Santa Barbra and soon we too cold see that the beach had a very "un-welcome" feel as you could see that they did not want people there--so yes the rumors are true. We proceeded south and round a nice little rocky beach that had a nice area to set up our tent and canopy.

Now check this out, the first night we were blessed with a night light water show as the plankton danced on the rocks, and we added to the show with our own rock throwing...

We learned that there many benefits to leaving before sun raise. One is calm water, some beautiful shots, and the ground you can cover. Our first morning however we had a huge pod of Dolphins that made the morning very interesting, we just never thought of getting in our Yaks and heading out with them.

On Wednesday we headed out to Playas Perla and Debbie fixed up a great batch of Chilaquillas and coffee. Then we rested, did some swimming, talked with some of the other campers and then we headed out just as the breeze started to blow, but then the 20-23 mph winds kicked in. We eventually slowly worked our way to a small cove to wait for it to blow over. So it was a hard cranking 3 miles of paddling.
Here we are just outside Playa Perla.

Thursday we headed over to El Coyote Island and camped out for our last night. It was very beautiful and we had a very Romantic time. We did have some company and they turned us on to clamming, so that night we had some clams that we dipped in a butter, garlic, salsa sauce. We boiled the clams in a Beer/Wine mix.

Debbie had the beach all to her self

We then eventually had to head back, but it was not such a sad moment as we knew the adventure was not over and we'd soon be hooking up with some other Baja Nomads to celebrate Shari's Birthday and go whale watching. I'll post some other pics on another posting. This was and Anniversary Trip (27 years :yes: ) that we'll never forget.

Oh yea,,,,we'll be back, that's for sure!

[Edited on 3-3-2009 by EnseNADAslim]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 06:32 PM

AWESOME... GREAT GREAT GREAT

Thanks Slim!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 06:34 PM

Congratulations on your 27years, we are at 29 this year and holding. You have posted some beautiful photos and it makes me wish I can go there. Well maybe for our 30th we will make the trip with just the two of us! Thanks again, connie
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 06:41 PM

What a great trip report
Thanks for sharing

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-2-2009 at 06:51 PM

It was such a pleasure to meet you both and an honour to have you at my birthday dinner (which I will NOT be reviewing here)and I sure hope you didnt sneak in and take any photos of me puking!! first Nancy got sick, then I spent my special day not with whales like the rest of you but hung over the toilet in the hotel....gee wilickers! DAvid had the runs too so we think it may have been the mole...but I'm sure the jug wine had something to do with it. I'm still laid up in bed with what seems to be this nasty virus going around too...good things is that everytime I got up to get some more fluids whales breached right in front of the house to make me feel a bit better.

Anyway...Mr. & mrs. Slim are fine folks and we look forward to spending more time with them in the future. LOVE the pics.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 3-3-2009 at 10:15 AM

Neither of you looks old enough to have been married 27 years!! Is the fabled fountain of youth somewhere around Ensenada? If so I need to visit it RIGHT NOW--
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2009 at 09:38 PM

Nice, VERY nice! We love the area along the bay down there. Coyote is one of our favorites to spend a few days. Did the tamale lady come by in the mornings selling her tamales?

Love them.

Great images.

Wish I was there now.

Thank you,
Bob H

[Edited on 3-4-2009 by Bob H]
EnseNADAslim
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2009 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Neither of you looks old enough to have been married 27 years!! Is the fabled fountain of youth somewhere around Ensenada? If so I need to visit it RIGHT NOW--

It's an ice cold Coca~Cola and a Gansito that you eat on the beach!:cool:
We got married when we were 20, and we were High School Sweet Hearts. Had kids right away, and they are now 24 and 26.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.