Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Follow trip to La Paz
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 02:39 PM
Follow trip to La Paz

Mi mujer is driving and I wake up to oompa oopa mexican music playing on the radio. We are on I-5 heading south. One of my first views as I return to consciousness are the snow covered peaks south of Medford. The construction through Medford has us slowed down. The outside thermometer reads 72 degrees giving us a taste of what is coming. You know, I really down deep wished it was cold and rainy when we left! It would have made me feel better is some sort of sick way.

I worked another 12 hour shift last night so as soon as I got home and all the nooks and crannies of the car were packed and the tire pressures checked once more we rolled out of Lebanon, OR at 1030.

We just passed through the inspection station going into California. Thought we might lose our grapes and had quickly eaten a bunch the last few miles. :biggrin: But they were not interested in our grapes.

We just past through Yreka and are getting our first glimpse of Mount Shasta. That view never gets old.

Tomorrow we will meet up with Sarah's (Sarah from EMERGENCY in ABREOJOS) friends in LA. They have a care package for her and we will deliver it to Pompano on our way through. Will be great to meet other Nomad folks.

More to come. I am going to go eat some more grapes!

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 07:26 PM

Well here we are 9 hours later and 570 miles farther down the road. Well past Stockton and the sun is still up. We will still get an hour or so of driving in this evening. That will set us up good for tomorrow so we can meet Sarah's friends in LA and pickup her care package. Will stay tomorrow night in La Mesa for a early morning border crossing at Tacate. Sunday traffic was sure great through Sacramento and Stockton. I must remember that next time. I don't think it will be so good tomorrow through LA.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:04 PM

shipwreck Sarah is soooooo excited about her care package and thanks you so much for taking the time to do this...mil gracias...have a safe trip..watch out for the rocks.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 08:56 PM

Don, I sent you an email with directions and photos to my Coyote Bay home. Will have cool ones, plus a bedroom if needed.

Hasta pronto and drive safe.

[Edited on 4-6-2009 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 09:22 PM
In for the night

Stopped for the night at Coalinga exit. Not near as many miles tomorrow but will be slower through LA I am sure. 700 miles today even after a 1030 strart.

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 09:43 PM

No............200 miles north of Medford. I have a brother and sister and their families who live in Medford though. They have been there for years.

suzeern

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 07:10 AM

I found you! This is going to be fun:
fixtrauma
Nomad

wow.gif posted on 4-6-2009 at 08:04 AM
Day Two

Suzi...........you Rascal! Welcome to Baja Nomad.

Just rolled out of bed here in Coalinga. It is 0800 but my excuse is that I had 2 nights of sleep to make up for. You night shifters know what I am talking about!

We will have a quick breakfast and be on our way to meet Jordan (Sarah's friend). I talked to him last night and looks like it will be an easy connection.

I will have more pictures today.

:cool::cool::cool: Yep.......something that I am not used to.........sunglasses in the morning!!

[Edited on 4-6-2009 by fixtrauma]

fixtrauma
Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 4-6-2009 at 08:42 AM
Whoooooaaa!!

:wow::wow::o:o:wow::wow:

Just stepped outside and we both thought we had walked into cow dairy's from our childhood!! It will take awhile to clean that out of our nostrils!!

What an olfactory suprise!

:lol:

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fixtrauma
:wow::wow::o:o:wow::wow:

Just stepped outside and we both thought we had walked into cow dairy's from our childhood!! It will take awhile to clean that out of our nostrils!!

What an olfactory suprise!

:lol:

That's the neighborhood.:lol::lol::lol:

Check your U2U

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 10:38 AM

welcome to Nomadlandia Suzie...hey this is gonna be fun psyber-ridin along with fixtrauma on their trip. Glad the LA hookup should be easy..Jordan got the shopping list yesterday...he had fun bra shopping! thanks again...

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 03:33 PM
Hollywood!

Met up with Jordan (Sarah's friend) and picked up the care package. He lives only 2 blocks from Hollywood Blvd. so we took the time to walk it down to the Chinese Theater on the "Walk of Fame". Got a picture of Clint Eastwoods cement impressions and one of Dean Martin's star for Wendie back at home!

He directed us out of LA right down through the downtown area on 110 South. Fast traffic all the way. Sitting now north of San Diego at a Lookout site overlooking the Pacific.

PEOPLE!!!!!!!

People???

suzeern

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 05:58 PM

looks like good weather, hey I think I know that orange guy with the tail
dgerig77

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 09:43 PM
choo choo trains??

No big choo choo trains in downtown LA? Didn't get scared and get lost because of choo choo tracks? hahahaha. Well Tomorrow is a big day and I hope you travel safe.

Quote:
Originally posted by fixtrauma
Met up with Jordan (Sarah's friend) and picked up the care package. He lives only 2 blocks from Hollywood Blvd. so we took the time to walk it down to the Chinese Theater on the "Walk of Fame". Got a picture of Clint Eastwoods cement impressions and one of Dean Martin's star for Wendie back at home!

He directed us out of LA right down through the downtown area on 110 South. Fast traffic all the way. Sitting now north of San Diego at a Lookout site overlooking the Pacific.

PEOPLE!!!!!!!

People???

fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2009 at 09:51 PM
Very Funny Dustin...Not Portland...have GPS!

Quote:
Originally posted by dgerig77
No big choo choo trains in downtown LA? Didn't get scared and get lost because of choo choo tracks? hahahaha. Well Tomorrow is a big day and I hope you travel safe.

fixtrauma
Nomad

wow.gif posted on 4-7-2009 at 04:48 AM
Ohhhh Mannnnn.......Day Three.

:yawn::yawn:Who in the world invented 0430 as a time to get up? Sheesh.:yawn::yawn:

I guess this is what I have been waiting for. Well, get ready, breakfast and BAJA IT IS!!:bounce::bounce:

suzeern

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 07:42 AM

0430 is the perfect time to be up ha ha :spingrin: Hey whats for breakfast?
fixtrauma
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 10:03 AM
Crossed at Tecate

Not a lot going on at the Tecate border crossing this morning!! Looked in the trunk for about 5 seconds.

The Ruta del Vino and the entire route to Ensenada was beautiful. Even the construction section was not bad.

There are many vineyards along the way. Many of them appear to be new ones. Beautiful area.

I love these old doorways. Reminds me of many seen like this in Chile.

Stop at this Internet Cafe if you have the chance. Very friendly worker here.

We are moving on now towards GN.

suzeern

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 10:49 AM

:)Ok lets see some pictures of Linda.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 04:47 PM

Cool travel-log!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.