Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cantamar Rentals
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 02:40 PM
Cantamar Rentals

Anyone have information on rentals in Catamaran, behind or near The Psalms.

Carlita and Esteban
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme
Anyone have information on rentals in Catamaran, behind or near The Psalms.

Hmmm Could you be more specific, is it Rentals at Cantamar or Rentals of Catamarans and which Palms or did you mean religious Psalms e.g. christian sailing retreat...
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 04:38 PM

It is Rentals at Cantamar, near The Palms. The Palms is a restaurant on the frontage road. Sorry about the spelling.

Carlita and Esteban
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 04:47 PM

Rentals of rooms? dive gear? Pangas? Catamarans?

Why don't you call or contact Cantamar nearly everyone speaks english.

Phone Number: +52 (612) 122-7010
Fax Number: +52 (612) 125-2575
http://www.clubcantamar.com/

http://www.clubcantamar.com/english/resort/rates.html

http://www.clubcantamar.com/english/contact/index_contact.ht...
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 05:34 PM

and here i am, thinking the palm thatched bar/restraunt next to the pemex at cantamar, south of rosarito?????

google search for pyramid resort, baja

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 05:37 PM

Who knows with these cryptic posters? I was getting all excited about catamaran bible study with Miss USA!!!! wahooooooo
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 05:39 PM

ala miss california???? nah, what fun is a beauty queen with scrupples?:P

cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 06:30 PM

I like your attitude. If you go to the Palms,Please tell Oscar that Steve and Carla say hello from Escondido. What about Bahia Cantilles? we enjoy it there too.

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 06:32 PM

The Palms that I am talking about is next to the pemex, south of Rosarito.

Carlita and Esteban
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 06:58 PM
Har De Har Har

The Palms restaurant is/has been closed for months; the lessee was purportedly thrown in jail for not paying wages and social security taxes (REPEAT - allegedly).

Do a search on Canatamar rentals or Rancho Borja rentals (the family is supposedly descended from the famous Borgias of Italy) and see if you can find an email link, but it will probably be in Spanish.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 07:53 PM

Oh my gosh, that would be John. I am shocked! Thanks for the info. on the rentals. I will look t up.
Carla

Carlita and Esteban
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 08:00 PM

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about Baja Norte. I have a question for you. Just south of Bajamar, at the same turn off is a dirt frontage road that use to be open to the public and is now closed off.I believe there is a power plant there now. We called it Jaytay but that is not the name. Jaytay is on the other side of the highway going south.You could drive about 4 miles up over the ridge and down to a penninsula. 4 wheel drive was recommended. We would camp there and the fishing was great. I wonder if you know what the area is called.

Carlita and Esteban
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 08:18 PM

It is now called the largest LNG depository in this hemisphere. Google Sempra + Baja + LNG

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme
The Palms that I am talking about is next to the pemex, south of Rosarito.

Your talking about Cantamar. The owner is a very good friend of mine and we usually stay at a beach front condo he has right next to the palms.

Contact me if you need his phone and email.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 08:23 PM
cjinca

Terry 28 has a house in that area........he may have some info for you

cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2009 at 10:40 PM

Thank you for the info. on Cantamar.
About the LNG area, what was the area called before LNG moved in. When you could drive all the way over the hill and dowb to the cliffs. Anybody know?

Carlita and Esteban
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 07:22 AM

it was called "harry's".

HARRY'S DESTROYED
Once secret Baja big-wave spot demolished by newly constructed jetty
Sempra Energy and Shell Oil destroyed Harry's, an underground big-wave surf spot located in northern Baja California. The two energy companies are constructing a $700 million dollar liquefied natural gas terminal at the Costa Azul site that harbors what was Baja's last big-wave secret spot. Two rock jetties that will eventually protect LNG tankers replaced Harry's. The Mexican government has allowed Sempra-Shell to destroy one of the most pristine and untouched stretches of coastline from Santa Barbara to Ensenada.

The jetty is being is being built despite a campaign to save Harry's carried out by Wildcoast, Save the Waves Coalition and the Surfrider Foundation and 13 lawsuits against the Sempra-Shell filed by local landowners and the part-owners of the nearby Baja Mar Golf Resort.

"For Wildcoast this represents the first wave of an effort on the part of the U.S. and Mexican governments in partnership with their energy company partners to industrialize our coastline", says Serge Dedina, Wildcoast executive director. The Sempra-Shell project, is just one of seven LNG projects are planned by some of the world's largest energy companies including Chevron-Texaco, BHP Billiton, Mitsubishi, for the coast of the Californias.

He adds, "Ironically, the biggest ally in the fight to preserve Harry's was the owner of the Baja Mar Golf Resort, a high-end tourist destination just south of the planned LNG terminal".

Harry's, located about 40 miles south of the U.S.-Mexico border, was until recently ridden by big wave surfers such as Rusty and Greg Long. Their sessions documented by San Clemente photographer Jason Murray, quickly became the stuff of legend and speculation as to the location of the now destroyed surf spot.

Harry's was a super hollow and thick right point that broke in shallow water and close to shore in an area with lots of rocks. Murray and the Long brothers only revealed the location of Harry's after learning of the efforts of Wildcoast and a coalition of environmental groups attempting to halt the proliferation of LNG plants for the California and Baja California coast.

After being contacted by Murray and the Long brothers about the threat to Harry's, Wildcoast, Surfrider Foundation and the Save Our Waves Coalition quickly mounted a campaign to attempt to preserve the spot, with over 1,500 surfers sending emails opposing the project

"I recently visited the Sempra-Shell construction and sadly watched giant dump trucks filing in the point that makes up Harry's. Accompanying me were two Mexican activists who have been protesting the project over the past year and a Jim Carelton a Wall Street Reporter. My activist friends, Jose Luis Sanchez and Olga Leticia Martinez from Mexico were both in shock as they watched American funded heavy equipment obliterate one of the most beautiful stretches of coast in Baja California. I was just amazed by how fast powerful corporations can obliterate a great wave", explains Serge Dedina.

Dedina later also visited the destruction site with Murray. Both were chased off the site by Sempra-Shell security guards who attempted to stop them from documenting the destruction of the wave.

According too Dedina, "The lesson from losing Harry's is that it takes millions of years to create a surf break but it only takes a few hours for a government agency or private company to destroy one. Surfers need to be warriors in the political arena as well as in the ocean. If not, we might as all take up tennis and golf".

For more information check out wildcoast.net, savethewaves.org and Surfrider.org.

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/article.cfm?id=1478

cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 08:35 AM

Amazing, someone actually knows the area. The point was where we camped. We loved it down there. They sure destroyed a beautiful area! That was Mexico to us for many years. Thanks for the information.

Carlita and Esteban
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 03:31 PM

Ok so where is the trip report i was hoping for pictures anbd stuff...:bounce:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2009 at 04:05 PM

Unfortunately, all pictures would have to be scanned. I'll tell you what though, I caught my biggest Cabizone there and during El Nino, we were cateching tuna right off the point. We would tie a rope on the back of the bronco and climb down the rope with all our gear. It had to be an 80ft cliff. Totally private. There was one older Mexican man that lived in a little trailer, but he was never a bother! We would have fresh fish tacos, steak dinners and ate like kings and queens. The beverages were pretty good too. You could whale watch and the dolphins were always around. Heaven to us!! Just south of the point were the surfers. I can't even tell you how beautiful it was.

Carlita and Esteban

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.