Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A nightmare recalled
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 11:47 AM
A nightmare recalled

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Funny what we can create in our own minds, huh?

Edit typo

[Edited on 7-19-2009 by longlegsinlapaz]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 12:54 PM

baitcast, I remember your story. Sorta spooky, an aquatic version of jumping at your own shadow.:biggrin:
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 02:03 PM

I laid there thinking what an stupid ass and happy that everyone in camp was asleep,skinned my nose to:rolleyes: an ya happy he didn,t get me:lol:
Rob
SKIDS
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 02:17 PM

To funny baitcast. :lol::lol: You made my afternoon.
thanks
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 02:30 PM

Good thing you were young and didn't have a heart attack!

Funny story--curious, did you confess right away, or did it take some time?

Diane

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Baths were a bit of a problem,a wife and two little girls,well you understand,but we had a solution for that also,wait for everyone to go to bed ,then go skinny dipping with your favorite bar of soap,....

That never worked for me. The dry salt on my skin would itch so bad I couldn't stand it. They tell me if you towel off, instead of letting the water dry off on it's own, the salts aren't as bad.

I always bring along the solar shower. Which works fine on the cortez. But on the pacific - brrrrrrr.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 03:01 PM

Big thick towel wipe right now,worked for us Igor.
Rob
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 03:07 PM

too funny!!!!

you'll probably post while I'm posting but---did you confess right away? If not, how'd you explain the skinned nose to the family?

That one could solicit some interesting excuses!!:O :lol:
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 03:45 PM

A friend of mine was checking a cotton field for insects and all of a sudden left the field yelling SNAKE! When he was out of the field he looked at his boots which were snake skin.

bacquito
amirravon
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2009 at 08:45 PM
lol............lol

Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
A friend of mine was checking a cotton field for insects and all of a sudden left the field yelling SNAKE! When he was out of the field he looked at his boots which were snake skin.

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-23-2009 by amirravon]

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-29-2009 at 02:35 PM
For Baitcast

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Lots of new folks so I,ll do it again,and it really happened:lol:
Rob

Gonzaga Bay 1967.......A nightmare recalled

This would be our third summer vacation at PaPa,s place,my family is really getting into this baja thing,all we talk about is when are we going next and can,t we stay a little longer,the kids bedrooms walls are covered with baja pic,s,my garage is a mess,fishing poles,camping gear,and finally a boat an motor,with our powerwagon and shell we are ready for anything.
PaPa,s place in those days was primitive at best,but we always had the cabana which I helped put the roof on three years earlyer and this year a flusher,it does,nt get any better!!!
Baths were a bit of a problem,a wife and two little girls,well you understand,but we had a solution for that also,wait for everyone to go to bed ,then go skinny dipping with your favorite bar of soap,worked well until that night.
It was a beautiful night a huge full moon as only a baja moon can be and bright as day,the wife an kids were finishing up and I was taking a little swim maybe a bit to far for me but the water was warm and life was good.
I,ve never been a strong swimmer and had no business being out this far but I just felt great,the strokes were coming easy and fatigue never entered my mind.
As I mentioned before the water was warm and O so clear I could see,O MY GOD directly below me was a huge shape,a large fish,a BIG SHARK!!!!!
I coudn,t catch my breath,my heart pounded,vomit was only a moment away but now the adrenalin started to kick in,swim for your lifeand that I did,really rolling now but I looked down and there he was only closer now,I started to yell to who I don,t know,everytime I looked down he was closer,any minute now and I,ve had it.........WHAM he had my face.Ive always thought to be eaten by a large shark had to be the worst way you could go...........But wait I,m still alive an all I have is sand in my eyes.
I beached myself swimming from my shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAITCAST

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.

Hope to hear some more.... get well:):)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.