Author: Subject: Vince's Restaurant, Rosarito
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 06:48 PM
Vince's Restaurant, Rosarito

Live lobster, great food!

Did I mention, live lobster?

I had the combo: one-half sweet lobster al vapor, calamari steak, and six butterflied FRESH shrimp with a fresh salad (iceberg, carrot and cabbage shreds) served with complimentary fish broth with various meaty,bony fish parts, mostly from the head, chips and salsa (two kinds, chunky pico de gallo and a liquid one made from dried chilis, not very spicy)

Hubby had the lobster, fresh and sweet with all of the above, including a big bowl of melted butter and a plate of limes.

Bothe meals came with very tasty rice and beans.

Oh, I forgot to comment on the decor - huge space, nautical decor with a lot of historical pictures of the fishermen and their boats who have risked and sometimes lost their lives.

The service is attentive and intelligent - ask for Olivia, she has good English.

[Edited on 10-10-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 07:17 PM

......................................................YUMMY.......................................................
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 07:20 PM

Prices?

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 07:49 PM
Prices

Not bad, but hubby said that he didn't remember.

Which means that our meal, plus two margaritas and a diet Coca Cola, was less than twenty dollars, U.S.

If it had cost more, I would be hearing about it.

The good wife, GJ

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2009 at 08:19 PM

Vinces is reasonable= agreed food is good- Bahia in Ensenada is worth the drive. My neighbor just pulled up and told me he paid $15.00 at "the Splash" for a wonderful lobster dinner tonight. I'm going to San Felipe next week where should I eat? Wheres the gringo bar? I hear the scrimps are in season eh?
garynmx
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 04:39 AM

Vinces is great. We eat there all the time. Never had a bad meal. Staff is freindly and attentive. Prices are great. I like the Lobster burritos. 2 large burritos, rice, beans, salad all for $9.00 or a little less than that. Great crab also.
larry
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Vinces is reasonable= agreed food is good- Bahia in Ensenada is worth the drive. My neighbor just pulled up and told me he paid $15.00 at "the Splash" for a wonderful lobster dinner tonight. I'm going to San Felipe next week where should I eat? Wheres the gringo bar? I hear the scrimps are in season eh?

I agree, Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada is very good. My experience is that San Felipe is filled with mediocre eating places.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 09:51 AM

Your making me hungry, and thanks... making a list:):)

postholedigger
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2009 at 09:41 PM

Maybe I caught them at a bad time but the times I've been there, the food has been great but it took them forever to get it to me. Waited a good 45 min for even a pair of fish tacos. One time I even got up while I was waiting and went next door to the Don Pisto and chugged a caguama of Pacifico before returning to wait some more.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.