Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for review on Palermo in La Paz
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 11:44 AM
Looking for review on Palermo in La Paz

Was in La Paz for one night last week and finally made it to Tres Virgenes after years of trying to get there. Ambiance, menu, food preparation and presentation, and service were all a pleasure. What a lovely relaxing evening we enjoyed after a whirlwind day of driving/shopping/doctor/dentist.

On the way back to the hotel, I noticed Palermo on the malecon and liked the 'look' from outside. Was wondering of anyone has tried it and has any comments?

Thanks
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by audiobaja
I haven't been there, but quite a few people have told me it's very good.

There's an interesting aspect in that they are selling alcohol without a license, I heard on the radio just a few days back, so not sure what's about to happen there. Supposedly, they were 'borrowing' a license, but the city doesn't consider that to be legal. Don't know what they're planning to do about that one. Probably it will get 'fixed' with a bit of cash going to the right people.

Considering Novelli's past history, we shouldn't expect any less.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 03:09 PM

If they're new, how did they get a five star rating? Does it mean anything? Maybe they borrowed that as well.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
If they're new, how did they get a five star rating? Does it mean anything? Maybe they borrowed that as well.

They had a five star rating a year before they opened :lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

They had a five star rating a year before they opened :lol:

WOW....I guess they are good.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 04:33 PM

Actually, it felt a bit pretentious. Not so at Jesse's.
bajajazz
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2009 at 10:01 PM

We -- a party of three -- had dinner at Palermo a week ago and were favorably impressed on several different levels. Upon arriving the valet parking service made for an easy, uncomplicated entry into the restaurant. The interior of the restaurant is well and expensively decorated and furnished. The maitre d' and wait staff were gracious and on their toes. The food was good. Since this was our first time there we played it safe by skipping over the pricier entrees and ordered calzone and individual pizzas baked in a wood fired oven and found them to be very good, on a par or better than the other good pizzas available in La Paz at places like Toscana or La Pazta. Wine was served by the glass. The price of the dinner we enjoyed and the menu items we haven't tried yet all seemed quite reasonable considering the elegance of the restaurant, the quality of the food, the professionalism of the staff and the ambience in general. An added touch was the c-cktail piano played by a young man at a white baby grand.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to rate any restaurant in a three, four or five star category, but I can say for sure that we'll return there to try their other, more elaborate menu offerings. It's obvious at a glance that a great deal of money has been spent in putting Palermo together and it has opened during a very slow and troubling economic time. I am not at all sure there will be sufficient business to meet the payroll of the rather large (and very skilled) staff. I hope they are well-capitalized, as I want Palermo (and many of our new restaurants) to hang on long enough to succeed.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.