Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: 3 fish tourney in mulege this next weekend
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-21-2009 at 01:03 PM
3 fish tourney in mulege this next weekend

The annual "Bart's 3 fish Tourney" is this next weekend in Mulege. It's really a great time without the pressure like some,(Bisbees), tournaments we are familiar with...the entry fee is $250 pesos per person and that includes the banquet on Sunday at Bart's Jungle Jims Cantina. Registration is at 4pm on Friday night followed by a calcutta. All registrants receive a "Bart's 3 fish tourney" hat. The winning combo will be 3 fish of 3 different species....minimum weight per fish; 2.5 pounds...no sharks, billfish, or rays can be weighed.

The fishing has been off and on here as of late but reports of roosterfish, dorado, grouper,bonita and sierra have been trickling in...ANYONE has a chance at winning this one even in a small boat as most folks have not been venturing much past Santa Inez rocks...

All boats must launch from the mouth of the river here in Mulege to be eligible...so hook up to those pangas and join us this weekend in our little town for a fun, friendly, competitive event. There are lots of rooms available in the local hotels and some fine food to be found in the restaurants in town.....see ya here!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2009 at 07:39 PM

Does that mean you are going to kill a rooster fish to get it weighed. That is a totally poor idea as these fish are considered sport fish and have no food value. We had somone kill a couple of them thinking that they could give them to the locals and they ended up in the dump which was a total waste of a valuable resource.

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2009 at 08:30 PM

pesc....i'm not a fish killer..really...but...some of the best machaca i've ever eaten was pez gallo...truth!...that's not justification for what you address...i admit...i am at this point, tho, that i will sacrifice a couple of roosters,(at the MOST), to help get this community back on it's feet...we will not be putting out gillnets this time...if there are two to three, maybe ONE rooster caught and kept, then so be it...i agree with you, they are a wonderful sportfish and should normally be released unharmed...i respect your opinion

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2009 at 11:49 PM
Say what...?

Please refrain from the indisciminate killing of fish. One, two or ten wasted fish it's an attitude. I truly can't see how catching a rooster or two will benefit the community. Grading the rio road, yes, eating out, yes, shopping, yes but roosters, you're kidding right?:rolleyes:

[Edited on 10-22-2009 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 09:06 AM

Sharks is right, well I won't fish a tournament that supports the killing of a rooster.:fire::fire:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 09:39 AM

Yikes !
A good guy thinks he is promoting somethng good and what does he get ?!

Hope you have a great turnout !
I bet those fisherfolks will buy gas, food, lodging and maybe even some beer.
They might even take a suggestion not to target Roosters is they were asked nicely. :light:
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 09:47 AM

The road from the Oasis down to the dock is open and smooth. No problemas getting down to launch. For many of us this is going to be the first fun thing we have done since that last wicked storm. Honestly, I believe everyone is going to use good sense, and just plain old have a good time. Come join us!
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 12:04 PM

Good Luck you guys.....I wish that I could be there to weigh the fish...I will be down soon...

Again Good Luck To All

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 12:56 PM

They have rooster fish in the vicinity of Mulege?:?:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 01:02 PM

did that new dock you guys built get lost in the storm?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 01:27 PM

Pescador;

I must take exception with your statements that roosters are of no Food Value.

My first bite of Rooster was at the table of Ray Cannon of Rancho BuenoVista in October of 1967. Ray Cannon was setting at the Table and enjoying the fish with us,

I still like a good Rooster Baked with lots of Garlic. I prefer a 20 lb Fish.
You have been missing a lot of good eating,

Skeet/Loreto
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 02:58 PM

food value or no....I support those anglers that choose to catch and release pez gallo. They are a fine sport fish, and unique to a relatively small area of the Eastern Pacific.
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 03:07 PM

Capt. Mike - Well, the dock was sort of not where it used to be, but we got it back and have it on a temporary (ha) loan at the boat launch, so people could get out for the tourney. Really looking forward to getting out on the water after all this clean-up business (again...).
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2009 at 03:08 PM

Cardon Man:
I to beleive in Catch and Release if and I say IF you donot have some one to FEED.

All the years I fished out of Loreto I do not ever remmember fish going to Waste, it was all eaten by the people at San Nicholas, Loreto etc,
I still know families that will buy your fish if they have the chance and the pesos.

Skeet
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 08:01 AM

I'm with ya on that Skeet. Don't get me wrong, if I have a deepely hooked roosterfish that cannot be released alive it's coming home as food. That said, there should be no encouragement from tourneys or the angling public when it comes to killing roosterfish. They should be valued as a sport fish above all.
htnfool
Nomad

Mood: Fishy

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 04:04 PM

Best of luck in the tourney fellas, Sorry, I will miss it. Melissa and I can't get down til Nov 7th.
Anyone that eats roosterfish are crazy. Tried it once, I almost puked. Great game fish though. In the spirit of the tourney I don't see a big issue with killin a couple. They aren't a targetted table fair fish anyway. In the long run I believe the Roosters are a sustainable species and we will always have some to straighten the lines out. Not trying to open the GIANT door on Bajas fishing and it's history/future.

Just my 2 cents...

Happy hunting
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2009 at 05:18 PM

htnfool...gracias...i am only the messenger...i expected this kind of response, actually...so....no problemo...todo teimpo...m......it's' just a little tourney that will hopefully get our community focused on what is really important to us; comradarie, yucks, hugs, and all the stuff that is considered "fuzzy and gay"...that's really what it's all about...really..we love our community

rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 12:03 PM

Tell us more....Who won...who got drunk...How was the food...???

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 02:51 PM

richard...the awards banquet is in an hour...i will post winners later...

Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 04:03 AM

Wonderful banquet at Junga's, tons of great fish, chicken, salads. We were amazed at the number of people who showed up for dinner. Some friends we weren't even expecting to see were there. Everyone in great spirits, the drinks were flowing, perfect weather, life is good.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.