BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Who would consider trading in their pickup for the new Raptor?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 05:03 PM
Who would consider trading in their pickup for the new Raptor?

If I needed a larger vehicle other than a JK Unlimited Jeep, this along with the Dodge Power Wagon would fit on my list!

[Edited on 10-25-2009 by Ken Cooke]

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 10-24-2009 at 05:51 PM

Is that hunk o junk even 4WD?

Ok, a big block in a 1/2 ton, now that sounds interesting...

[Edited on 10-25-2009 by BajaWarrior]

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 06:29 AM
Yes, it has a transfer case and 4WD

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Is that hunk o junk even 4WD?

Ok, a big block in a 1/2 ton, now that sounds interesting...

[Edited on 10-25-2009 by BajaWarrior]

wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 10-25-2009 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

I would trade my 97 Dodge V10, with 200k miles, in on a Raptor in a New York Second. I tried during the Government Boondoggle trade in program but my Dodge V10 was not eligible and we found out the Raptor wasn't out last summer.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 06:37 PM

A lot depends on the price. I'm not ready to pay $40,000 or more for any vehicle unless I win the lottery.

Interesting side note. My company 2007 Toyota Tacoma lease comes up in December. The payoff to buy it is $17,200. I looked at the Kelly Blue Book price and it's $26,260 suggested retail . That's almost unbelieveable since the value of the truck at the lease was $28250.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:33 PM
That is impressive!

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
A lot depends on the price. I'm not ready to pay $40,000 or more for any vehicle unless I win the lottery.

Interesting side note. My company 2007 Toyota Tacoma lease comes up in December. The payoff to buy it is $17,200. I looked at the Kelly Blue Book price and it's $26,260 suggested retail . That's almost unbelieveable since the value of the truck at the lease was $28250.

Lottery tickets, TW??? My Rubicon has taken several years to pay off, and I agree 100% about the expense involved in buying a 4x4.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW

But will a Raptor pull an F350 and a trailer up a hill near El Rosario ?? :?: :biggrin:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by TW

But will a Raptor pull an F350 and a trailer up a hill near El Rosario ?? :?: :biggrin:

Faster than greased $h!t can stink up a skillet!:lol:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:46 PM

I ratter buy a POWER WAGON, with front and rear dif, lockers, and sway bar, I don't need the horse power or the suspention gain...MHO

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:51 PM
Wouldn't it be fun to have BOTH???

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
I ratter buy a POWER WAGON, with front and rear dif, lockers, and sway bar, I don't need the horse power or the suspention gain...MHO

Power Wagon for Sierra San Pedro Martir, Laguna Salada region, San Felipe.

Raptor for Gonzaga Bay, Coco's Corner, San Francisquito...:bounce:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2009 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Faster than greased $h!t can stink up a skillet!:lol:

Now that there was just plain funny; I don't care who you are ! :lol::lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-27-2009 at 08:35 AM

Ken, saw one on a flatbed semi being transported south on I-5... They are very impressive looking! Now, if it lasts as long as a Toyota and holds their value like TW's Tacoma... then it is a winner!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2009 at 11:10 PM

Without giving you all the background, cuz it would take way too long, I have driven the Raptor several times for hundreds of miles at a time. The street version direct from Ford and the race version with Rob Mac...both completely different.

But with that said, yes a Dodge Cummins 4WD guy for 30 years, would buy the Raptor for any off road excursion...or for that matter any on road excursion.

The Ford Race Raptor in all of its heavy-ass weight has been towed to all the BITD races and marketing appearances and shows this season around the Western United States with the same Ford Raptor street truck towing a heavy flatbed loaded with the race truck. It truly does tow and I've been lucky enough to drive it off road...just plain wicked...

you can load your wife, girlfriend or both and head to Scorpion Bay from San Felipe and sip your soda all the way with never spilling anything...I am sold.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::biggrin::biggrin:

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2009 at 06:38 PM

["you can load your wife, girlfriend or["both"] and head to Scorpion Bay from San Felipe and sip your soda all the way with never spilling anything."]

If you did both I don't think you would come back alive, well maybe a live but missing a vital part.

[Edited on 10-29-2009 by TW]
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2009 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
["you can load your wife, girlfriend or["both"] and head to Scorpion Bay from San Felipe and sip your soda all the way with never spilling anything."]

If you did both I don't think you would come back alive, well maybe a live but missing a vital part.

[Edited on 10-29-2009 by TW]

lol...for sure! no further comment! :o

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-30-2009 at 09:29 AM

having ridden with Da Bull in his big Dodge 4WD diesel at high speed (SQ baja 1000 2003)
i was amazed at what good custom built suspension is like - felt like sitting in a couch while the chassis was obviously dealing with unruly terrain. and scared the bee jeezuz out of me. (Tim - did the seats ever clean up?)

this Raptor must be some machine to get his endorsement.

hi, i'm capt. mike and i don't know dick diddly about off road and did not pay for this message.:spingrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2009 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
having ridden with Da Bull in his big Dodge 4WD diesel at high speed (SQ baja 1000 2003)
i was amazed at what good custom built suspension is like - felt like sitting in a couch while the chassis was obviously dealing with unruly terrain. and scared the bee jeezuz out of me. (Tim - did the seats ever clean up?)

this Raptor must be some machine to get his endorsement.

hi, i'm capt. mike and i don't know dick diddly about off road and did not pay for this message.:spingrin:

Pretty much how I felt in your airplane after the 2007 Baja 1000...scared for my life:lol:

Hope to see you soon! DB:spingrin:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 05:27 AM

no chite.... we're both a couple of big dudes man.
just a testatment to the great load capability and short field performance of the comanche line of fine aeroplanes.:light:

what's happening with team Riviera for this year's 1000?
are you prepping yet?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2009 at 08:29 AM

I understand Dave Sykes marked part of the 1000 course driving the Raptor over the summit. Was told he said it was not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe some one that knows him could get a report on it.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2009 at 08:02 AM

Stuart Chase was with Sykes and had this to say about the Raptor.

"The Raptor is marginal in its stock form, needs a lift kit and a lot more shock, showed me no more than my Tahoe can do, but it is a cool truck."
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.