Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mag Bay Report - November 12 - Nice Wahoo
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 09:29 AM
Mag Bay Report - November 12 - Nice Wahoo

Monday, after a week of enough wind to make it uncomfortable in a small boat, I trailered from Loreto, launched in Lopez Mateos at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, and fished outside Mag Bay yesterday and the day before. Tuesday I fished north of Thetis Bank for wahoo along with Barry Wilkerson from Loreto fishing solo aboard his boat Rocket as I was on Soledad, and Manfred Aistrich from Nopolo fishing with a partner on Parker One. Fishing around four purse seiners with helicopter spotters wrapping up schools of small yellowfin, we found wahoo, but not in nearly the numbers of a month ago. I managed three in hard fishing over four hours, or so, including a nice 68 pounder. The other boats hooked fish but got none to the boat. After a night on the hook at Bahia Santa Maria we shifted gears and fished south for yellowfin after a sportfisher reported landing a 280# cow Monday SW of the bay toward Petrel Bank. We found no big tuna, but there were easy limits of footballs near Boca de Soledad on the way back in. There are still very few marlin in the area, and mackerela are a hard find both in Bahia Santa Maria and at Punta Belcher. On the bright side, there were more reports yesterday of big yellowfin on the banks south of the Entrada.
Attached are photos of the 68# hoo with the Bigbiteoffshore "Wahoo Bite" still in his mouth, and hanging from the T-top. And, a purse seiner making a wrap of small yellowfin.

bn1.JPG - 47kB
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 09:31 AM

There must be a way to attach more than one photo to a post, but I don't know how to do it.

bn2.JPG - 44kB
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 09:33 AM

One more.

bn3.JPG - 44kB
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 09:52 AM

Some guys just have ALL the fun !!
Nice Hoo !!

I also love your boat !
Kinda looks like my long-time Florida Aquasport.

boat.jpg - 35kB
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 10:02 AM

Diver.......It does look similar. Mine is a Florida boat, too. A Bluewater 2150.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 10:14 AM

Bill,
Nice report...
I like your tail rope idea for showing off the fish...

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
bajasammy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 10:58 AM

Nice Fish Bill!

I thought you were just extra buff with that effortless hold ;) (can hardly even see the rope)...
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LaTijereta
Bill,
Nice report...
I like your tail rope idea for showing off the fish...

You blew my cover. I wanted everybody to think I was one handing him.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill erhardt
There must be a way to attach more than one photo to a post, but I don't know how to do it.

Bill: I think you can only attach one photo using the attachment window below the post; but by uploading your photos to photobucket or similar site, you can then post multiple photos by using the yellow photo insert button above the posting.
This is kinda like tying a bimini twist; first one takes all day to get it right, after that duck soup.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 04:07 PM

My only concern is that your post totally ignores the tremendous calamity that hit Lopez Mateos and surrounding area recently. Good for you for waht you experienced. But from what I have read and heard, the poor folks in that area were devastated by Jimena. As on on site reporter, what can you tell us.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Bill: I think you can only attach one photo using the attachment window below the post; but by uploading your photos to photobucket or similar site, you can then post multiple photos by using the yellow photo insert button above the posting.
This is kinda like tying a bimini twist; first one takes all day to get it right, after that duck soup.

Santiago.......I think it's an old dog and new tricks thing. I finally learned how to reduce the resolution of photos and attach them. I will probably continue to do it that way much as I use hollow spectra to avoid learning the bimini twist.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
My only concern is that your post totally ignores the tremendous calamity that hit Lopez Mateos and surrounding area recently. Good for you for waht you experienced. But from what I have read and heard, the poor folks in that area were devastated by Jimena. As on on site reporter, what can you tell us.

Can't someone post a fishing report without someone making a political statement? Jeez.............

or are you just trying to make it to 4000 posts in 12 months?
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 05:35 PM

bajahowodd...or whatever your name is...get over it..these communities are doing fine down here...we just muck it out and go on with life...geezus..yeah, it's tough..but now let's focus on what's FUN about baja...and when we're having fun we are pouring dinero into the community...we had over 6 feet of water over our ROOF and have recovered...come on down and you'll see that things are coming back to normal...it's tropical and sh*t happens...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
stimbo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 10:39 AM
wahoo

Thanks for the report Bill. Nice job out there! I'd love to share some steelhead photos sometime, but they look so dang whimpy in comparison. Again, thanks for sharing the pix.
wadeinthewater
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 01:00 PM

Thank you for the seining report, too! The choppers were over Gordo Banks yesterday. Shall we take beats as to how long the 100-pound average tuna are there?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 03:01 PM

Guys- I wasn't trying to begrudge Bill his good time. I just haven't seen much info about the area and it's grasping with the damage and rebuild. All I did was ask someone who was just there what he could report. That's all, and I wasn't trying to inject any politics.
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 05:55 PM

Nice fish Bill,
Thanks for the picture and a weight that is believable:o
Seen so many 25....50# tuna lately:lol::lol::lol:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 06:00 PM

bill erhardt, That's a fish of a lifetime! Congrats! Thanks for the pictures.:D
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2009 at 08:03 PM

Robin.......I imagine that the seiners like the sound of those 100 pound tuna. They've been mining 10 to 20 pounders outside Mag Bay.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.