BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Bartender at VINCENT'S: Thanks for saving my newbie neighbor from harm
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 11:51 AM
Bartender at VINCENT'S: Thanks for saving my newbie neighbor from harm

I have a new neighbor in Rosarito. A nice enough retiree- and brand new to all things Mexico. He was out exploring Rosarito his second night in town and stopped into Vincens fish restaurant for a beer and some food. He asked the bartender where the ATM was- and was sent across the street to Bancomer. A man "wiping down" cars came up to him and asked him for money and then a lady from the street followed him to the ATM machine and asked if he needed help with the machine. The bartender from Vincens was watching him, saw he was in potential harm and yelled across the street to him "Are you OK?". The two people left fast and my neighbor returned to Vincens.

The guy seriously did not know he was even in potential trouble. He thought it was strange the bartender yelled at him from across the street to him. Luckily that bartender stepped-up and acted before anything did happen. It's good to know there are merchants and people looking out for the newbie gringos. Good for Vincens!

[Edited on 12-21-2009 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 11:58 AM

Thanks, good of you to share.. now I know a good place in Rosarito :):)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 12:05 PM

Good story. Thanks. That's the kind of customer service that pays off. Whenever you can't find your new neighbor, you'll know where he is.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fender
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

The guy seriously did not know he was even in potential trouble.

After one extortion and two kidnapping attempts- I know when I'm in trouble. Thanks for the heads up. I know the "game", have met the players, have trusted support at many levels, and am comfortable enough with my security. It took six years to develop those relationships through family, local business contacts, and mutual friends.

Does anyone know where these idiots come from that always try to ruin a perfectly positive post about living in Mexico?

[Edited on 12-21-2009 by BajaNomad]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:35 PM
Vincent's

Not "Vincens". Just a small correction to help keep down confusion. The family and the employees are straight up great people.

The family started out fishing in Puerto Nuevo and saved up to open their restaurant and fish market in Rosarito. They have been very successful and grown and expanded their business over the years.

BTW, their food is EXCELLENT (Fresh Lobsters, anyone?) and very, very good margaritas.

[Edited on 12-21-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:41 PM

well, at least it was short...:):)

Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:44 PM
A new ad campaign

Eat here. The food and service suck but you won't get robbed.

I like it. :rolleyes:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:48 PM

We may never know if the bartender's actions saved the man some grief at the ATM but if it did kudos to him for not being complacent and uncaring.

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Not "Vincens". Just a small correction to help keep down confusion. The family and the employees are straight up great people.

The family started out fishing in Puerto Nuevo and saved up to open their restaurant and fish market in Rosarito. They have been very successful and grown and expanded their business over the years.

BTW, their food is EXCELLENT (Fresh Lobsters, anyone?) and very, very good margaritas.

[Edited on 12-21-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

Thanks for the correction. I have seen it listed both ways. I went back and changed the headline of this thread so as not to confuse anyone.

I've never had a bad meal there either. We did learn the hard (expensive) way not to pick your own lobster from the display tank- just go with the lobster selections on the menu if the local lobster is your thing. A friend in my group paid nearly $40 for his lobster selection instead of $18- but he was very happy while eating it. I usually do the whole fried fish there- Veracruz style.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

A new ad campaign
Eat here. The food and service suck but you won't get robbed.
I like it. :rolleyes:

In Rosarito, that might be effective advertising. Honesty and security....who could ask for anything more.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 07:01 PM

I like the food there but it cant even hold a candle to Bahia in Ensenada.
PS anyone try out that new Mariscos restaurant next to the "Bronco" steakhouse?
It was packed with locals on Sunday.
I just want to know how the food is... Dennis tick tick tick...
Anyone?
Buehler...
Almost forgot I heard a guy making a horse noise as he passed El Yaqui in Rosarito some thought it was funny and laughed others just looked astonished:o

[Edited on 12-22-2009 by Mexicorn]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2009 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
... Dennis tick tick tick...

I'll have to look into it...thanks.
docsmom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2010 at 07:50 PM

Vincents. One of my favorite places! Great food, great prices, great service. Never failed us in 20 years. Wish I was there right now!!!

[Edited on 1-9-2010 by docsmom]
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2010 at 07:13 PM

Last time @ Vincents, which we also like, we sat upstairs and watched a man wash our car-did a great job; no shakedown involved-not solicited but paid him a few bucks for his trouble.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 04:23 PM

horsemeat ????????? i s it possible ???????? ohhhhhhhh, and I have eaten there so many times - joke is on me.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 04:43 PM
BajaBlanca, the Noises are a Joke

Years ago, when Tacos Yaqui opened in the quiet side street residential neighborhood of Rosarito, one of the customers made a joke that all the neighborhood cats had disappeared since they opened.

The operaters took the casual remark and made it a signature of the stand.

When the taquero is chopping up fresh meat for tacos he squeals and hisses like a cat.

Everyone in the know grins and looks around for newbies, usually children, but especically gringos, to catch a view of the looks of horror.

Over the years, we have seen people leave the line and get back into their vehicles. What they didn't notice is that the people in line behind them were applauding and laughing - because they had a shorter wait.

[Edited on 11-16-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 11-17-2010 at 03:32 PM

The orginal Tacos Yaqui is the best tacos in town and the store across the street should be stopped at first to get your beer since they don't sell any,LOL. Business helping Business, right? Lunch time and dinner time you will find long lines just the way it is. Take Care & Travel Safe "No Hurry No Worry Just Fun" bajafun777

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2010 at 07:41 PM

the cat meowing I hear over and over and we laughed too

but horsemeat ????????????????????????????

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2010 at 07:50 PM
Envious Jealous People Lie

I'm just saying.

Tacos Yaqui has several press stories about how they source their BEEF.

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2010 at 09:23 AM

Next time in town try Gerentes-great tacos-think one of the owners used to work at Yaquis.......just north on the same road
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.