Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oye Fishbuck!
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2010 at 08:11 AM
Oye Fishbuck!

Bro., Senor Pescadore's going to give the lowdown, if I should head down to his stomping ground, or not. Are you going to fish with?

I've never driven down that far south, and want to see the view from ground level. Even though I'm a USAF veteran, you picking me up at Socorro on a dirt runway to fly....dude I'm not down, the thought kinda scares the crap out of me.:biggrin:

I'm driving down sunday (17th Jan.) morning to fish monday if Pescador says it's a go..

Tu amigo

[Edited on 1-10-2010 by TonyC]

[Edited on 1-10-2010 by TonyC]
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 1-10-2010 at 09:16 AM

keep an eye on the wind, amigo....doesn't look too good for monday; weds. is better.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-10-2010 at 02:18 PM

Yes, watch the weather very close.
I don't think I can take the drive again so soon.
But you have probably noticed that they are getting some Yellowtail at SanQ. Probably hit or miss.
But if you want the best Yellowtail experience of your life... visit Sr. Pescador.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-10-2010 at 02:46 PM

Yes the whole Baja dirt runway thing is a little scary. But that's part of the fun.
From your runway on the beach flying to San &*+%* is about 2 easy hours.
Probably about 6-7 hours driving. And you'll be pushing it too.
Hey man you have you own runway on the beach! You need a plane so you can fly down from Norte!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2010 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
keep an eye on the wind, amigo....doesn't look too good for monday; weds. is better.

He is talking about the 18th, which is a week from Monday the 11th. Progs are usually only a week in advance, so I am curious as to how you are getting wind projections as far out as the 18th. Bouyweather shows a big blow coming in on Fri but starting downhill on Sat, so I am optimistic about the 18th.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2010 at 01:24 PM

Okay, Tony, it looks like Monday is going to be good. The blow is going to happen Thur, Fri, and Sat. Sun is iffy this far out but progs looks good for Monday,come on down.

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 01:06 PM

Yes. Very cool. Thank you.

How the fishing been, since that 21 fish day you told me about?
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 02:55 PM

Well, hold tight until we get closer to the weekend and we get newer results. they report the wind will be 20 mph but show the wave heights at 0.8 ft. which makes no sense at all. It has been fishable but pretty "snotty" the last few days. Fish counts are still pretty good, but are starting to taper off. The tides are flat during the 17th to the 24th so if I was really trying to get into better fishing you might want to come around the 25th to the 30th. There is hardly any tide and therefore not much current from the 18th to the 24th, whereas the tides start to have major swings on the 25th to the 29th.

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 04:20 PM

Man, I wish I had the option to pick my dates, but I'm a shift worker. I work a 12 hour shift, and once a month I get 7 days off in row. My schedule is damn near written in stone, but at least I have the option to hit El Socorro every month if I want.

You're an expert at reading your water. Let me know if it's a go, or not. I still have San Quintin to play at....the glass is always half full.

If it's a no go, I may stay a night in Ensenada, and see if I can meet Dennis for a pacifico or two at his office....I think it's Sharky's. One baja nomad I want to meet.

[Edited on 1-12-2010 by TonyC]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 04:38 PM

If you can't nail the tides right on the Cortez side maybe just try for some winter Jurel at SanQ.

[Edited on 1-12-2010 by fishbuck]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyC
If it's a no go, I may stay a night in Ensenada, and see if I can meet Dennis for a pacifico or two at his office....I think it's Sharky's. One baja nomad I want to meet.

Thanks, Tony. You saw your U2U...I hope.
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by TonyC

Thanks, Tony. You saw your U2U...I hope.

Yes sir, saw it. Let me know.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 05:24 PM

Well, the surface bite is going great guns and while the tides could be better, nothing is ever perfect. Looks like the weather will be good so it might not be the hottest day of the month, but it should be good enough to make your arms really tired. Today we had 30 lb fish crashing sardines and staying up on the surface almost all afternoon. We finally called it quits when the bait gave out and after three hard days of fishing I was more than just little relieved to get the break. Actually looking forward to two days of wind to get a break and do the laundry and all that kind of stuff.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 08:14 PM

This is really difficult to read about. I might need to come back at the end of the month.:cool:

[Edited on 1-14-2010 by fishbuck]

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2010 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
This is really difficult to read about. I might need to come back at the end of the month.:cool:

Sorry to hear that you had such a terrible time. You must be turning in to a masochist (beat me, whip me, make me hurt).:lol::lol::lol:

bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 1-14-2010 at 10:45 AM

Hey guys, you are driving me crazy with all this 'tail talk. I may have to abandon work for a few days. Are they just off the island? Has the weather been good enough to take a little 16ft skiff out most days? It has been 2 years since I could make it that far south.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-14-2010 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

Sorry to hear that you had such a terrible time. You must be turning in to a masochist (beat me, whip me, make me hurt).:lol::lol::lol:

The masochist part is the drive! Ouch!!!:no:
The fishing is the good kind of pain:cool:
You know like at the lady's bar;D

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-14-2010 at 04:23 PM

"so if I was really trying to get into better fishing you might want to come around the 25th to the 30th."

I hatching a plan to be there on Friday 29th to fish on the Saturday 30th... will I miss the tide?
I think I can get this trip done in 3.5 days and only miss 1 day of work.
So I will only get 1 day to fish. But if it goes like last time that will be enough!:yes:

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2010 at 04:12 PM

I would not do a kamikaze run for fishing on the 30th which is the first day after a full moon and there will not be many yellowtail actively doing anything unless they happen to come up on the surfact later in the afternoon, but that is always iffy and I would not put you through two days on the bus for something that uncertain. Probably the 28th will be the last really good day, the day of the full moon is usually pretty slow.
So save your money and do it another time when the tides, moon, and jotos in Santa Rosalia are more active.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.