BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Italian Bistro in El Socorro
nanachel

thumbup.gif posted on 1-12-2010 at 05:26 PM
New Italian Bistro in El Socorro

For those of you visiting San Quintin & places farther South you should check out the new Italian Bistro in El Socorro.

For starters they have REAL Espresso not the push button stuff you find in the markets or gas stations as well as terrific brewed coffee. They have blended Espresso drinks, Blended Chai drinks & Fruit Smoothies and that's just for starters.

Homemade Biscuits & Real Sausage Gravy for breakfast is fantastic. They offer the standard fare for breakfast. Mostly american specialities.

For lunch try an 8" pepperoni pizza or calzone or one of their pannini's. They make their own dough, thin & crispy just like we like it.

Then of course there's dinner. Fettuccini Alfredo or Florentine, Spaghetti or Lasagna served with fresh Sour Dough Bread & green salad.

Top that off, if you can, with a slice of Traditional Cheesecake topped with Raspberry syrup or Homemade Apple pie, there are a few other desserts on the menu but these are both great.

Stop in and check it out. Open from 7 AM - 8 PM (summer hours ??) You won't be disappointed and the prices aren't bad.

Roman's Italian Bistro KM 24.2 South of San Quintin at the entrance to El Socorro. Check out the stunning sunsets Overlooking the Pacific. Early Bird Dinner Specials from 4-6 PM

I think you'll enjoy it as much as we did.Roman's Italian Bistro:light::light:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 05:33 PM

Prices?

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Prices?

Salt and cholesterol content?
Salad service utensils?
Filtered water?
Restrooms without recepticles for used TP? [MrBill says that's not necessary]
Qué mas?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-12-2010 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nanachel
For those of you visiting San Quintin & places farther South you should check out the new Italian Bistro in El Socorro.

For starters they have REAL Espresso not the push button stuff you find in the markets or gas stations as well as terrific brewed coffee. They have blended Espresso drinks, Blended Chai drinks & Fruit Smoothies and that's just for starters.

Homemade Biscuits & Real Sausage Gravy for breakfast is fantastic. They offer the standard fare for breakfast. Mostly american specialities.

For lunch try an 8" pepperoni pizza or calzone or one of their pannini's. They make their own dough, thin & crispy just like we like it.

Then of course there's dinner. Fettuccini Alfredo or Florentine, Spaghetti or Lasagna served with fresh Sour Dough Bread & green salad.

Top that off, if you can, with a slice of Traditional Cheesecake topped with Raspberry syrup or Homemade Apple pie, there are a few other desserts on the menu but these are both great.

Stop in and check it out. Open from 7 AM - 8 PM (summer hours ??) You won't be disappointed and the prices aren't bad.

Roman's Italian Bistro KM 24.2 South of San Quintin at the entrance to El Socorro. Check out the stunning sunsets Overlooking the Pacific. Early Bird Dinner Specials from 4-6 PM

I think you'll enjoy it as much as we did.Roman's Italian Bistro:light::light:

Sounds great... Is in on the side of Hwy. 1 ? Maybe on our way to El Rosario next month for the Mision Santa Maria Nomad event!??

[Edited on 1-13-2010 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

nanachel

[*] posted on 1-27-2010 at 05:13 PM

Good questions, being a newbie to baja I still expect certain things like flushable toilets & pure drinking water so forgive me for not being explicit.

Yes the toilets flush and you can use TP, however they do have trash cans because they know they won't change all peoples habits.

Prices are reasonable, and because they just opened they are offering discounts, especially to Baja Nomad & Discover Baja members.

Salads start with your basic green salad, but include choices of Chef salad with their own 1000 island dressing, and they use Romaine lettuce, not iceberg, they said because of mineral content??? and better flavor. They make most of their own everything from Sourdough Bread, Buttermilk Biscuits, dressings, sauces (Marinara, Alfredo, Florentine, etc.) So I don't know what the salt or soduim content would be, it all tasted real good. The food was well seasoned but not salty, they use fresh roasted garlic in alot of the dishes.

The homemade biscuits & real (I mean Jimmy Dean) sausage gravy was real tasty. You don't find that in most places. usually when they say sausage you aren't sure what to expect. At least that's what I've found.

Because they have a REAL Italian Espresso machine all the water that they use for cooking & drinking is purified (I think double osmosis??)

It was just real good to find something besides a taco stand for a change.

You should check out the view at Sunset. The restaurant sits just off the highway so it overlooks the community of El Socorro but the beach is just down the road and the sunset was spectacular.

The restaurant is located just past KM marker 24 south of San Quintin, about 20 miles North of El Rosario. We stayed at an RV park nearby so it was real convenient for us.

They just opened but they've got info on local fishing guides, markets & they are adding to it all the time.

If your planning on stopping by tell them your a Nomad and I'm sure they'll give you a discount too.

We'll be stopping by often. Got to have my Espresso, didn't realize how much I missed it until I found this place:bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.