Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Cedros Island..... the easy or the hard way
desertandsea5

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 09:02 AM
Cedros Island..... the easy or the hard way

Hi

I was reading a series of postings and well intentioned advise about how to get to Cedros Island to fish, or to ecotour (Benitos and Natividad included)
Cedros island is one of the best fishing destinations in Baja because of the abundance and size of the fish. But for most americans it is a place with risks they don't want to take by themselves.

So, here are your choices:

1. Figure out how to fly there, or drive for 11 hours to Guerrero Negro, or drive 15 hours to Punta Eugenia and take a panga. Then, at the island, find a place to stay, a reliable panga to rent to go out fishing. Then, figure out how to get out the island back to San Diego........ I know I would love to do it this way in the old days !

But, if you want to spend your time fishing instead of traveling and facing all the uncertainties and risks go to option 2:

2. Go with Cedros Outdoor Adventures. That simple!. Our packages are all included (great meals, clean nice hotel, safe boats with experienced captains, and all the transportation from San Diego so you don't have to worry about the risks at Tijuana). You can find us by first page of your search on google "Cedros island"

We have in place a very efficient operation, and we get you the best fishing experience in the region fast, safe and comfortable.

Besides, we are supporting the local economy by using all local services, labor, and goods. So, your patronage is supporting the island's natural resources with this low impact activity.

I hope this helps.
Jose A. Sanchez
Cedrosoutdooradventures.com
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 09:24 AM

I have heard good things about your operation recently. That is a trip I need to take.
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 10:15 AM

Just another Infomercial

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 10:48 AM

Jose Angel runs a top notch operation to Cedros. It is a new company and most people dont know about the service they offer so I figure it's good to get the word out there in nomadlandia and beyond....the better informed folks are, the better travel decisions they make so their baja adventure is as positive as possible.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 12:15 PM

This is the type of 'infomercial' that we want on Nomad! Has to do with a place or service a Nomad (fishbuck) is asking about, right? Thanks Jose!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 02:22 PM

Jose posted a thread on Bloody Decks and that's what got me asking questions about Cedros.
I checked out his website and it's very good.
But at $1300 I was trying to figure out if I could get there cheaper.
I think I can. But the issue is going to be bringing back the fish. The plane charges $2/lb for anything over 50 lbs.
On my last trip to San #$%^& I caught over 150 lbs of fish. And that was 5 fish.
Didn't cost me any extra to bring it home.
I'd love to fish the island but not sure it fits my fish per dollar ratio.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 02:42 PM

You should have lots of fish left Mike, CPR them, and post the photos here please! Unless of course you find WSB. In that case, bring some back. I can be in Costa Wasted in 20 minutes from Orange!:light:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 04:30 PM

Those fish didn't last a week! I'm very lucky that I have friends that don't fish but love to eat fish. They are waiting at my house when I get home.
They are begging me to go fishing again. Usually there is at least one who complains that I didn't save him a fish.
So all I can do is catch more fish!:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 05:07 PM

There is an air taxi that is run by the salt mines that will taker passengers for less cost than Cedros air.
I don't know how to contact them other than at the strip.
Shari ? Anyone ?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 05:10 PM

Unless I got wrong info the plane ride from Ensenada is only about $300 to Cedros and back.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 05:15 PM

I'm definately not critizing Jose's operation. It looks very good and good for someone who wants to plunk down the cash and have everything taken care off.
All you have to do is get to San Diego and he takes care of everything.

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 07:20 PM

I think it might be the same plane...not many airlines fly into Cedros. Jose Angel piggy backs flights I believe...correct me if I'm wrong here...and can charter the plane for groups too. His costs are for a package tour with excellent service...a worry free package with everything included. I think there is an office in GN on the main drag...used to be called Aero Servicio Guerrero and their number was 157-0132 in GN and 157-0621 on Cedros but that was years ago.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2010 at 07:34 PM

http://www.aereoserviciosguerrero.com.mx/en/index.shtml

CENTRAL OFFICE:
Blvd. Emiliano Zapata s/n
Guerrero Negro, B.C.S.
01(615) 157 01 37

[Edited on 1-21-2010 by fishbuck]

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2010 at 10:28 PM

First off Cedros Adventures is a good outfit....
I on the other hand went to Cedros last year and did all the arrangements myself. Its very easy to do and if anyone needs any tips I'm happy to help...I decided to drive to Eugenia and hire a panga to the island.......This gave me the chance to fish the Island and Eugenia. This trip can be done on a very limited budget...

Derek
DERN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 09:32 AM
Shari

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I think it might be the same plane...not many airlines fly into Cedros. Jose Angel piggy backs flights I believe...correct me if I'm wrong here...and can charter the plane for groups too. His costs are for a package tour with excellent service...a worry free package with everything included. I think there is an office in GN on the main drag...used to be called Aero Servicio Guerrero and their number was 157-0132 in GN and 157-0621 on Cedros but that was years ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you have some affiliation with Jose Angel or another outfit servicing Cedros in the past for some sort of potential tourism deal for the Asuncion area? Just thinking outloud. Sorry my search button is broken right at this moment.

DERN
DERN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 09:41 AM
Agree

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr
I on the other hand went to Cedros last year and did all the arrangements myself. Its very easy to do and if anyone needs any tips I'm happy to help...I decided to drive to Eugenia and hire a panga to the island.......This gave me the chance to fish the Island and Eugenia. This trip can be done on a very limited budget...

You nailed that one. I would just assume take that route. Drive down, head to Eugenia, and get a panga out of there. I've have always got a good vibe from those folks. Any other tips or clues regarding captains/boats/safe parking. I've never fished that area, but I can see how the fishing can be just as good off the Point as it is off the Islands.

DERN
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 09:45 AM

Yes, Cedros Outdoor Adventures will fly clients into here but we havent had the pleasure as of yet...but it is a potential package.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DERN
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr

You nailed that one. I would just assume take that route. Drive down, head to Eugenia, and get a panga out of there. I've have always got a good vibe from those folks. Any other tips or clues regarding captains/boats/safe parking. I've never fished that area, but I can see how the fishing can be just as good off the Point as it is off the Islands.

DERN

I agree with you guys but you are missing the point a little.
This is one of those time vrs. money things.
If you have all the time in the world you can take a nice long drive out to P. Eugenia.
But if you don't have the time and have some extra money the plane is the obvious choice.
The flight from Ensenada to Cedros is 2-3 hours.
That would be in days to drive to Eugenia.

bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 05:32 PM

Hey Fishbuck, do you enjoy the scheming and planning, tossing it around on a couple forums for feedback/info, as much as the trip itself? :yes:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-22-2010 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Hey Fishbuck, do you enjoy the scheming and planning, tossing it around on a couple forums for feedback/info, as much as the trip itself? :yes:

Well, I'm here at work dreaming and scheming. Probably be a good 2-3 weeks before a trip down is possible or worthwhile.
But with the hiway all messed up the plane ride is sounding good.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.