Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loncheria Mari in Asuncion
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 08:17 AM
Loncheria Mari in Asuncion

We have a new cute little restaurant in Asuncion across the street from the coop food store...at the stop sign in the middle of the village. They fixed it up really sweet and even serve corona beer( I have to sneak a tecate in!). Here is the proud owner Tomas Martinez.

There are 5 tables, with table cloths even...excellent personal service with a smile and good food. He asks for feedback and wants to improve all he can. The lemonade is yummy and my favorite dish is the lapa pate(tastes like abalone!) with crackers but the hamburger is excellent as well. Juan liked the octopus in cream sauce. they have breaded fish as well but havent tried that.

It's a family business and I love the menu on the fence outside!! It's lovely and clean and so nice to have yet another food option in the village.

DSC05088.JPG - 49kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 08:24 AM

I recognize Fernando sitting there---is this a part of his family? He is such a nice person.

Doesn't matter, just curious and we will definitely give it a try when we are back.

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 08:25 AM

Can't wait to give them a test-drive !!!!!
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 09:26 AM

This is great news, another reason not to cook.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 10:14 AM

We had dinner at Loncheria Mari a couple of nights ago and it was awesome. The cafe is really clean and the owner Tomas is a super nice guy. I had the sope with three different fillings it was wonderful. Prior to dinner we were served nachos, soup and beans everything was great. It was Saturday night and we ended staying there through 3 beers each listening to some locals playing guitars and singing. This is a must try while visiting Bahia Asuncion.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 12:06 PM

If they have Corona, can't they get Pacifico since it is connected?

Thanks for the news.

Oh... I just saw the Pacifico bottle sign in the photo... He is secure in getting Nomads to visit!

[Edited on 5-17-2010 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 03:24 PM

Pardon my apparent ignorance, but by definition, why would a loncheria serve dinner? Perhaps the name should be Restaurante Mari.
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Pardon my apparent ignorance, but by definition, why would a loncheria serve dinner? Perhaps the name should be Restaurante Mari.

In speaking with Tomas, the owner, he is very excited about his new place and he is open 7 days a week with long hours, maybe that wasn't the orginal plan. Anyway, all of the tables were full and people were stopping by to pick up pizzas to go.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 03:57 PM

Great for him. Perhaps he became a victim of his own success. All I know is that his good fortune doesn't fit the definition of a loncheria. Either way, running a restaurant can be back-breaking work. Buena suerte, Tomas! :D
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 04:14 PM

when we went there on Mothers Day...the place was so busy..I felt bad for tomas's wife slaving away in the kitchen on Mother's Day....poor soul!

tomas has the right idea...he lived in La Paz for many years so saw how nice places look...clean, bright and his smile is contagious. It's rare to be treated to such lovely service in these parts. He makes sure to ask how things could be improved and loves input...also rare! He cares about the client! Plus has instruments there if ya wanna strum a tune.
Looks like it's gonna be a popular place.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 10:33 PM

Shari, thanks for posting this. I just love places like this. Guess Audrey and I need to get back down your way!
Bob H

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.