BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Denver to Ensenada Harley Plan?
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2010 at 10:25 AM
Denver to Ensenada Harley Plan?

My brother and his buddy are planning a Harley ride from his home in Denver to Ensenada the week of May 17. Per his map above, he's planning the N.M./AZ/Mexicali route coming here, then U.S. 15 when he returns.

I'm pestering him to signup on Nomad, just to catch the s*** and grins from y'all. He has driven this before, like me, so he's aware of stuff when on 4 wheels.

Thanks, Nomads along the way when you see them, both with Colorado plates.

Any special suggestions, gotchas, whatifs on his 2,400 mile epic round trip???

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-7-2010 at 11:20 AM

Doc

On his return , have him go through the Guadalupe Valley and cross at Tecate

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-7-2010 at 12:54 PM

Who is gonna drive the pick-up truck to get him home????:lol::lol:

Suggestion....take all the Santa crap off the bike ....don't those HD folks know how to ride without dressing up like clowns or S&M freaks????:?::?:

Don't believe everything you think....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 06:21 AM

sweet. am in mulege now with a guy from denver.
WX is perfect. good ride.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 07:40 AM

Sounds like a great ride. I've been to Cabo and back on a Goldwing.
And, seriously, I would follow bajaguy's advice and ride trhough the Guadalupe Valley, and be sure to stop at The Casa Vieja Winery: http://www.lacasavieja.baja
Colleen and Humberto are great people, and their parking lot is bike-friendly with easy bike parking.
Bring a toy for Pinchi (their African Grey)

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 07:47 AM

The Trinidad route would be a longer but better ride from a motor-biking perspective in my opinion- but it skips the "refueling" stop at the Vegas buffets...

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2010 at 12:05 PM
Two, hard, fast rules...

For riding in Baja:

Never, ever ride at night or split lanes.

k0co

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 09:09 AM

Thanks tips and advice. Am now watching 2 inches of unexpected white Snew here in Colorado, so delaying the MC trip a day or 2 to wait for the grande melte.
k0co Abu Dhabi & Aurora, CO.
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 09:38 AM
Day 1, Denver to Ensenada

My bro, new nomad "K0Co", started his adventure this morning.

His buddy won't make the trip, but his other buddy(aka wife) will be on the back seat.

Cold beer, various tacos and pillows for their bunz await here at the Pub on Punta Banda.

Hope they have safe trip, and thanks to Dave for info shared.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 01:02 PM

DEN to ensnedada in one day???
wow makes my arse sore just thinking about it.
wish i was doin it with you tho.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 01:52 PM

Ahhh, thanks Cap'n, for your optimism. I drove it one time in 2007 in 18 hours.
I must have been a lot younger way back then.

If they can dodge most of the raindrops in SoCOL, clear sailing after today. Hope to see them here early next week. They are cruisn' casually through the southwest with other stops on the way.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 04:50 PM

No more rain in SoCal... thank God! Perfect weather this week...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 06:05 PM

Have gone several times from Brawley/El Centro/Calexico with others riders into Ensenada and once even to the Book signing by La Salina and Tecate is the best way to enter and exit. Going in is a breeze and coming out the street to the east of the street you enter Mexico from American side takes you right up to the gate exiting. Motorcycles do not have to do line, just go between the big cement blocks that are opened just wide enough for a big bagger like a Harley to use for the American Border Check. I have taken my Goldwing and my smaller yahama through it. When he enters Tecate he can follow the signs for T.J. toll road. He will actually go down to the bottom of the street he enters Mexico to Benito Juarez and turn right and follow the road all the way out to the toll road. It cost a little less than $3 dollars and will take him to the Blvd. 2000 which will let him quickly travel down to fox studios where he can get onto the Ensenada Toll Road. One thing if he choices this quicker route he needs to watch out for some big potholes in the cement road on Blvd. 2000 and never drive it at night. We have also taken the Valley road into Ensenada but the winery businesses want you to have a reservation to take tours or did in the past. Great ride either way and our friends from Calexico love the ride just like my wife and I do on our bikes. Too bad not another book signing event while he was traveling down as he would meet a large number of nomads that attend this event. Be Safe and Have Fun while looking for More Fun,LOL. Later--- bajafun777
k0co

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 06:58 PM

Day 1 Denver to dulce NM in 40deg rain all day. Brrr. MC is filthy, we're wet from LaVeta pass soaking. Saddleman huge bag working swell for this 2-up trip.

Brawley, eh? I mis-spent a year there in 80s at the Leaf Protein plant (soylent green) on Interstate.

Hope to get near Phoenix tomorrow for Day 2 and visit brother in law there for a day of recovery with copious malt infusion as preferred remedy.

J_A:bounce:
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 07:19 PM

Yes Good Old Brawley the Home of The Cattle Call Rodeo the last rodeo for points before the Cowboys and Cowgirls head into Vegas for the big pay paid. The 70's spent my time irrigating fields, driving tractors,sacking onions, bagging melons then walking up a moving ladder to dump them in the field truck because the drivers thought they were race car drivers while you were walking up the boards to dump melons, LOL. Field work and Shed work all the way through Jr. High, High School and then college to take care of family bills and those college bills, and I know what plant your talking about. Times have changed but agriculture is still a big thing and field work is still one of the larger agricultural pay jobs for many. Hope you " Ride Safe with Better Winds In Your Face" than what you have experienced so far. Again, "Be Safe and Take Care, "I have my jeep almost ready to head down to La Paz and Cabo here real soon. Thought about taking my Goldwing down but will do that next time. By the way during that mis-spent year KOco how many mis-spent times were you partying in Mexicali? :bounce:;DLOL Later--------- bajafun777
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 09:21 PM
where ya gonna be sat?

i am in SDL by airport.
be in Deer Valley manana. - sat.
PM me for cell no. we can tip some back.

Quote:
Originally posted by k0co
Day 1 Denver to dulce NM in 40deg rain all day. Brrr. MC is filthy, we're wet from LaVeta pass soaking. Saddleman huge bag working swell for this 2-up trip.

Brawley, eh? I mis-spent a year there in 80s at the Leaf Protein plant (soylent green) on Interstate.

Hope to get near Phoenix tomorrow for Day 2 and visit brother in law there for a day of recovery with copious malt infusion as preferred remedy.

J_A:bounce:

k0co

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 04:59 PM

road day 3 update: overnite in el centro. whew it's hot here.

should be in BC tuesday easy. via tecate
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 07:03 PM

Captain Mike, they missed you due to previous tipping engagements

Have not seen them since their last visit in 2008. Frig is full of their cervezas favoritas. Sun is making an appearance now, 19:00, after a disappearing act since Friday.

Curious how his Harley will enjoy the rock scramble on the steep dirt road up to my house. Maybe he can park it downtown Ensenada and hitch a ride on one of those helicopters headed out to Punta Brava?

Will report on Ensenada adventures during their stay.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 06:10 AM
bikers to baja.

ok, thx.
i rode my softail custom bagger on rocks and gravel a lot, ok but slow down.
maybe i can meet em on the return.

ever seen a radial engine on a bike??

p0624082fc2149a3e8d22 (Small) (Custom).jpeg - 48kB

k0co

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 07:37 AM

No sweat; rode gravel to get to my AZ brother in law's mountain home 2 days ago. Just go ez and try not to steer - i let the gravel pick my path (until the edge of the road that is :-).
Beautiful sunny am here in el centro this Tues am. Back on the Ride after searching for a cafe breakfast. Lack of room in the bags dictate leaving two full "oil cans" of diet Miller for the hotel help :-(.
Hasta. J-A
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.