Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wahoo/Dorado Fix
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 01:41 PM
Wahoo/Dorado Fix

I will be in La Paz over Memorial Day Weekend. I need to check out the place I've already decided on living. Any good places in La Paz to find fresh dorado or wahoo on the menu? Prefer a nicer place, I have a hot date that weekend, and I have not had wahoo, fresh, for ages. Thanks ahead of time for all the incoming tips!!!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 03:53 PM

I'm not knowledgeable about La Paz but the last time I was there we went to the harbor and there were several nice looking restaurants. We ate at one and although the prices were high the food was good. We looked at a few of the different menus and I think the was one with wahoo on one. That was in July though. You maybe a bit early for fresh wahoo

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 05:45 AM

Hola bajabass, we have caught wahoo at isla cerralvo this month as i got a call from a local pangero that said the commercial fishermen were seeing them so it may be available in the restaurants. i have eaten at bismarkcito and la perla on the malecon and have had very nice meals and great service but didn't have wahoo.

i would avoid the palapa restaurant on the beach side of the malecon as we ate there a couple of years ago and got SICK ! i had fried huachinango and prior to ordering, i asked to see the fish and took a smell and it was fine. when the fish was served, as soon as it hit the table, it smelled OLD AND VERY STRONG !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 05:48 AM

some people that caught dorado this weekend
said there were wahoo jumping out there too

just outside the mine in mulege

pretty close in for wahoo

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 07:01 AM

Russ, I'll do some searching, thanks! Bob and Susan, wish I could be there to catch my own. If they are that far north, I should be able to find it in La Paz. BDR, gracias amigo. I can get old stinky fish up here!!:barf: I want a preview of what I'll be bringing home for dinner very soon after our move. :tumble:I'll have 3 nights to hunt around La Paz and walk the area. I want to be around when the pangas come in for the day. No time for fishing this trip.:no:
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 08:50 AM

:o:OWALK???:O:o

:no::no:Uhhhhhhhhhh....I heard a rumor that your tour guide; hereafter known as Hopalong; has a recently broken toe!

Very interesting to hear that you have a "hot date"! Would that date be of the medical persuasion?;) OMG now I gotta find out where the pangas come in to unload???:(
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
No time for fishing this trip.:no:
:o

In Memory of E-57
bajabass
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 09:22 AM

Your the hot date Legz, I'm leaving M at home!:lol: That is unless she reads this thread. Alan, I'd love to fish, but I'll fly in Friday, and out on Monday. No gear, no boat, no time. Unless someone knows how to work in a quick 3 or 4 hour bay trip early Sunday!:light:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.