Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Rosarito Chowing
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 06:11 AM
Rosarito Chowing

I have received a number of requests for info about where to eat in the Rosarito area and the .xls spreadsheet for Rosarito is now ready.

This list is my own creative effort; a compilation of personal experience and information from other resources. All mistakes are mine and I welcome comments and further input

If you want a copy, please send me a U2U message with your email address included because the info is in .xls format and the only way I know how to share this is in an attachment to email.

[Edited on 6-12-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 10:42 AM

Jan, have you thought this through? Are you holding yourself up to be a food/restaurant critic by answering the questions of a few friends about local eateries? Who do you plan to make the information available to? After that, are you prepared to deal with questions about who you left off the list and why, why you would include a place some found objectionable? I know you're just trying to be nice -- better think that one over again. Our little village has suffered greatly from informal critics/list makers/diseminators of what somebody said about whom. If you are sure you're just making a list of just the names of every possible place to eat in Rosarito then you have my apologies for butting in.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 11:30 AM
Osprey, I am Confused

I take your post as a warning, but what are you warning me about?

I live here in Baja Norte and enjoy going to interesting places that offer good food and a good experience and I like to share that info with other people.

I am not holding myself out as any kind of expert; I am just who I am as a person. (Too many "I" references in this message, but that can't be avoided in the context of the subject.)

Most likely, you are critical/cynical about my post because you do not know me and the internet is this wide open landscape where all kinds of promoters do their dance to reel in the unwary.

—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
lookingandbuying
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:10 PM
List

I for one want the list and appreciate it!! My feeling is use it if you want, or ignore it. I have found the past individual reviews to be very helpful and found many wonderful places I would have never discovered on my own. If someone thinks a place should be added, it can be added later. Why not share????
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:16 PM

I believe as Jan stated in her post, "If you want a copy, please send me a U2U message with your email address included because the info is in .xls format and the only way I know how to share it is in an attachment to email.", she has already stated her reasons for doing the list in her manner, many here respect her dining experiences and are wanting to share in them thru trying some of the establishments. She has never claimed to be a "food critic", she is just sharing her experiences at certain dining venues, as many here also do...
PS Jan, Bobby's by the Sea is excellent, THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Jan, have you thought this through? Are you holding yourself up to be a food/restaurant critic by answering the questions of a few friends about local eateries? Who do you plan to make the information available to? After that, are you prepared to deal with questions about who you left off the list and why, why you would include a place some found objectionable? I know you're just trying to be nice -- better think that one over again. Our little village has suffered greatly from informal critics/list makers/diseminators of what somebody said about whom. If you are sure you're just making a list of just the names of every possible place to eat in Rosarito then you have my apologies for butting in.

[Edited on 5-31-2010 by noproblemo2]

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:26 PM

Jan I would like a copy also......

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:55 PM

Jan, I know you from your posts. I admire and respect your forum persona -- that's why I sent you the precaution. I am not a cynic -- lists are very subjective.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 01:38 PM
I Have a Persona?

My mum will be so happy to hear that I am an influential person after all her worries about me.

My persona would be happy to share a michelada with yours.

Cheers, GJ

—Mark Twain

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:36 PM

Osprey, don't give it a thought... GJ has checked these place out .... had a great time at one, just the other day... here's me, going back to my car

[Edited on 5-31-2010 by wessongroup]

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
I take your post as a warning, but what are you warning me about?

I live here in Baja Norte and enjoy going to interesting places that offer good food and a good experience and I like to share that info with other people.

I am not holding myself out as any kind of expert; I am just who I am as a person. (Too many "I" references in this message, but that can't be avoided in the context of the subject.)

Most likely, you are critical/cynical about my post because you do not know me and the internet is this wide open landscape where all kinds of promoters do their dance to reel in the unwary.

I'm just confused!:?:
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Osprey, don't give it a thought... GJ has checked these place out .... had a great time at one, just the other day... here's me, going back to my car

Geeezzzz what a looker!!!!!!!!!:o:o

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:44 PM

Gypsy Jan,
Good on you. Too many baja tourism sites list restaurants that were once good and use the review from 1988 as today's news.

Location(how many sites omit this minor detail), decor, service, price range, style of food, cleanliness and any unique characteristics are welcome.

Since 2008, fewer Nomads traveling, fewer trip reports, fewer restaurant reviews.
GO4IT.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:44 PM

Quote:

Was that a photo of you heading back to your car after the "Burning Man" festival?

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Quote:

I think maybe after the Cadillac Margaritas and Tacos!!!! LOL

Was that a photo of you heading back to your car after the "Burning Man" festival?

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:50 PM

Gotta love the red pumps! But the soxs have to go, big fashion no no according to Nomads who know, you don't wear socks with your shorts and pumps.

Iflyfish
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:59 PM
Looky Lous

Maybe border town tourists need more help than I thought. Sorry I put the harsh on a need for food directions. This couple is probably on the hunt for seafood.

Hope Floats.jpg - 44kB
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:03 PM

or a pair of "red slippers"... are we in Kansas?:lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
This couple is probably on the hunt for seafood.

They,ve parked their water-craft right under a NO PARKING sign.
Oh well, speed freaks don't need to read anyway. :lol:
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
Gotta love the red pumps! But the soxs have to go, big fashion no no according to Nomads who know, you don't wear socks with your shorts and pumps.

Iflyfish

leave it to a fly fisherperson to notice the important things... :lol::lol:

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:43 PM

Quote:

:?: Doh!

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.