Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Top Restaurants of Todos Santos, BCS
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2010 at 12:39 PM
Top Restaurants of Todos Santos, BCS

Michael's At The Gallery - Restaurant open at 6:30 pm. Michael Cope, mplcope@yahoo.com, 145-0500, Todos Santos

Probably my favorite place in Todos. No other place with great food AND ambiance. Next door to the Cultural Center. Call/email for reservations as they're only open 3 nights a week and are always booked.

Miguel's for chile rellenos in town and he's opened a place at Cerritos. Cafe Santa Fe is always excellent and pricey. Zaguan's is good and taken over by Eric's from Los Adobes, and Giardino's for Italian and creative pizzas.

Michael's is listed at the bottom of this restaurant list:
http://www.calycanto.com/things-to-do-in-todos-santos/top-re...

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2010 at 01:35 PM

Thanks for the link. Just reminds me of how the area has become sort of Sedona- South. I remember when Cafe Santa Fe first opened. Not much competition back then. Places like Las Fuentes and Restaurant Santa Monica were more representative of the times.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2010 at 02:04 PM

Hey Lee, isn't this guide from a new website promoting their new development?!! I like all the restaurant suggestions but CalyCanto is just some rich guys attempt to cash in on our "chic" Bohemian Artists Image!:fire: They are situated right on the road north of town with cars and dump trucks whizzing by. Love the part re Deposits, ha, ha. Maybe wealthy Italians?? Miguel's is my favorite with Palapa beach setting and good food at good prices! Michael Cope is arrogant and swishy?!:no::tumble: Tio
CalyCanto

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 07:50 AM

Tio (Thomas),

LOL! A bunch or rich guys. We're 6 couples that all love art, camaraderie, good surf and good food. We love everything about Todos and spend a considerable time trying to improve it, including by volunteering countless hours with the recycling center, Todos Tortugueros, donating to the Palapa Society and writing hours and hours of articles that we think will be useful to travelers. We are behind, not on the road (that's another development owned by a developer from La Paz that unfortunately built in front of us after we started). We rent our units to cover our costs and are often told that it's a nice reflection of Todos and that locals appreciate the information. Not sure why taking the time to write some sincere thoughts on the local restaurants would warrant such a tongue lashing from someone who clearly also loves the area and is trying to make a living. Seems like you have an axe to grind.

BTW, Michael is an incredible guy. Simply because he has gone high-end doesn't make him a sell out. That said, I agree with you on Miguel. When he says best Rellenos in Baja, he's right!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
attempt to cash in on our "chic" Bohemian Artists Image!

i think the image is "waspy upper middle class so-cal mexican rustic."

and what's wrong with people trying to make a buck off of it?

[Edited on 7-25-2010 by mtgoat666]
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 10:36 AM

Thanks Lee.

Iflyfish
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 11:18 AM

If you tire of the Todos Santos fare, head down to Pescadero and try out Carlitos' Restaurant, besides great tacos he usually has several types of fish cooked a variety of ways, campuchanas, ceviche, sashimi, sushi, fish sandwiches, salads and a full bar. Carlos is a very talented and professional chef.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 03:13 PM
BCS has it all!

Might as well add The Sandbar in Pescadero, on the highway, just past Tequila Road, as another favorite of mine. I've never had a bad meal there but only get burgers, fries, or steak. They put on a spread around different holidays -- St. Patty's Day was great corned beef and cabbage. Thanksgiving, turkey and trimmings.

I like the people who hang there and it's fun getting drunk when a hot band is playing. Two flat screen TVs will have what ever games are being played.

Todos, indeed, has a "chic" Bohemian Artists Image'' AND is "waspy upper middle class so-cal mexican rustic." That's why I like it. I like the gringo Surf Ghetto of Pescadero even more.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2010 at 06:43 PM

Lee, "put me in coach, I'm ready to play, center field today". Dan Fogerty

Iflyfish
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2010 at 06:46 AM

OOooops! Dan Fogerty??? John Fogerty! Dan Fogerty was Grizzly Addams? Lee's Place, it's rumoured, has excellent fruit smoothies on the beach, ha, ha! Tio
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 7-26-2010 at 10:05 AM

I'm with Monoloco.

Carlitos in Pescadero is the bomb! Great food. Great people!

Carlos is an offroad racer and very knowledgable about racing and Cabos San Lucas in general. The waitress is .... well .... muy Bonita!

Buen provecho!

No worries
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 09:22 AM

We ate at Miguels a couple times--good food...I liked the place a block up the street too bu don't recall the name--standard fare but the meal comes with a great condiment tray of salsas, guac,etc.

Loved Cafe Todos Santos--It may be too waspy-hip but the coffee and bakery goods were excellent.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Zaguan's is good and taken over by Eric's from Los Adobes,

Zaguan was always our favorite place in TS, but the last time we were in the pueblo, it appeared to be closed (1/2 block from Tecolote bookstore). Have they moved? Please advise.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 10:00 AM

What was the big palapa place just south of TS on the east side of the road? I seem to remember a thread years ago, maybe on the old Amigos board, about how rude the owner was.
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 01:56 PM

Save your time and money by not going to Art & Beer. Great atmosphere, off grid, unique tables/chairs Food pretty good, concerts (havn't attended one) , but not enough guests to assure freshness. Great bloody mary w/17 ingredients. Prices high and I once observed Alfredo yelling at a customer he thought was only there to use toilet w/o purchasing required minimum . She was w/ a group who where all the way in the back of the resturant all of who were ordering. He forced the women to tears. I will not return.

Dorado Don
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2010 at 03:34 PM

Oxxo, Zaguan has reopened recently!! Efren closed up and went to La Paz to work. His friend Eric who has been co-owner, I think, of Los Adobes has now taken over. Check out anew edition of El Calendario. Fresh fish of the day with Mango or Papaya salsa to die for! Buen Provecho!
bajarasta1

Mood: elevated

[*] posted on 8-4-2010 at 09:38 PM

went to art and beer three years ago. they had good mango margaritas, but served up some raw mussel appetizers on the house. seemed like the thing to do. the chef brought them out himself. i suffered for three days after out both ends. had to sit in a hotel in t.s. for four days as i couldn't travel... the margaritas were good though. i shoulda known better...lol

surf first everything a come after!!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 10:22 AM

We had the worse restaurant experience of our lives at ART 7 BEER south of TS several years ago-------------it also involved the use of the toilet by my wife---------after we had ordered his 'famous' seafood c-cktails which cost a fortune----------I am surprised that somebody hasn't shot that guy, he is so rude and obnoxious!!! I came within an inch of cole-c-cking the idiot, only reason I dinn't was my friend dragged me outside first---------

NEVER AGAIN
pacside
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 10:32 AM

There is a nice, clean little restaurant on other side of hwy 19 from Art & Beer (don't know the name of it). Had shrimp quesadillas and margs that were very good and about 1/4 price. Think it's been there for about a year. They also have a little mini market right next door.

Chiqui's Chicken off of hwy 19 in Pescadero is good as well. Just a guy and his bbq as his stand. Sells whole, 1/2 or 1/4 chicken with torts & salsa...yummy.

Will have to try Carlito's next time in town...looks good.

Oh and Rancho Pescadero is good, a bit high end, i.e. expensive but nice atmosphere and friendly service. The hibiscus martini was one of the best drinks I've ever had.

pacside
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2010 at 01:25 PM

It may not be up to the standards of "restaurants"on the list, but Carnitas Barajas is a guaranteed stop for me when I'm there!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.