Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Abuse at the Border
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 07:01 AM
Abuse at the Border

Video from CNN

http://tinyurl.com/2fj3pga

I don't really want to comment on this, but I do think the clip is worth a look by people interested in border issues.

Uh-oh, my link didn't work. I'll try to fix it.

Final edit: It works, thanks to Iflyfish!

[Edited on 8-9-2010 by Paula]

[Edited on 8-9-2010 by Paula]:rolleyes:

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 07:19 AM

The link works - very nice video of surfing on the Snake R.
:dudette:
w

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:05 AM

Here is an easy way to make long links short, it is free.

http://tinyurl.com/create.php

Here is the new link I just made

http://tinyurl.com/2fj3pga

Just highlight the link, copy it, and then paste it to this site. Allow the site to access your clipboard and it will give you a new, short link. You then copy and paste that new link to where ever you want it, i.e. on Nomads.

Windgrrl: love the Rinpoche quote.

Iflyfish

edited for clarity

[Edited on 8-9-2010 by Iflyfish]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:07 AM

I think there will always be those who will abuse their authority whether it's a city cop or border patrol agent. In this case I would find him more believable if he had not been charged with trying to smuggle someones girl friend into the country and yes he was found not guilty by a jury. But it appears like sour grapes on his part.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:21 AM

Thanks Paula for posting this. I find it totally credible based on information I have heard from people held in the detention center in Eloy, Arizona.

On a lighter note, your link led to other videos...Sylvia Earle, describing her descent to 100 meters under the sea, and the story of the girl attacked by a barracuda in Florida...another good reason to avoid operations that feed sea life.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:43 AM

Windgrrl I did find it ironic that my link led to a surfing video;D, and I thought some nomads might find it more interesting than the one I had posted:lol:

IffThank you for the fix!

TW I think if you go back and watch again you'll see that the smuggling accusation was sour grapes on someone else's part, as a result of reports that Officer Cruz had made of abuse by other agents.

elizabeth I'm glad my link took you for an interesting ride!
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:48 AM

We had a family friend abused, held captive for ransom and denied her freedom recently while crossing illegally into the USA near TJ. Not by the US border patrol- but by her fellow Mexicans who know every smuggling trail and make a living robbing their own. This happens hundreds of times every single night- the BP thing, not so much. Probably is true- but not what the crossers fear by a long shot. In fact- the people in my family who have been detained and then deported back to Mexico never had a bad thing to say about their treatment by the BP which I find interesting.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-9-2010 at 08:50 AM

no highjack.. but thanks for the "tinyurl"... too cool... had seen it.. but..........

have booked marked... again thanks..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.