Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishabductor
http://bajasur.es.craigslist.com.mx/cto/1915351857.html

:wow:

$45,000.00 US??? My wife was sitting next to me and said, "Por un dos mil seis? Ta muy loco, hoy!" :lol::light::bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 06:17 PM

There were several members of the Rubicon Owners of California (club) that went to Dennis at Xtreme Rubicons and had the full "bada-bing!" job done on their Rubicons. Buildups totalling $50K, $60K, even $80K joined the ranks of the Rubicon Owners club at one point.

For that money, I would buy an LJ with Airock suspension, and I'd be satisfied. But for an additional $10-15K, a new JK Unlimited Rubicon could be built to include a Hemi conversion. That's the route I'm sure this seller wants to take.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 07:40 PM

Que es POS:?:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
I'd rather just go with a POS Toyota, that I could bounce off things and even roll with a smile.

I cringe at every little nick I put in my 66 bronco.

$45k is a whole lot of money for an offroad truck. $45k is a wholelot of money period.

5 years ago, people wouldn't think that $45K was even a drop in the bucket for a decent rig. I have a friend building his JK Unlimited for the trails of Baja, SoCal Deserts & Mountains, and he has been pleasantly surprised at how little the price is of the new Rancho rock rails and bumpers that he is purchasing - roughly half the price of the earlier TJ model he had which was unfortunately stolen.

For that money, I would buy a $30K Unlimited Rubicon and spend the remaining $15K on tires ($1.5K), Suspension ($2K), Gears/axlex ($3K), Body armor ($2K), Intake ($350), Winch w/combo compressor ($2K), HID lighting (1K), Walker Evans beadlocks ($2K) and 2 ARB Freezer Fridges ($1.5K).

:bounce:Here is how I would travel Baja:bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 8-24-2010 at 05:21 PM
A combination of ROCK N ROLL AND PURE COUNTRY!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:
I'd rather just go with a POS Toyota, that I could bounce off things and even roll with a smile.

I cringe at every little nick I put in my 66 bronco.

$45k is a whole lot of money for an offroad truck. $45k is a wholelot of money period.

5 years ago, people wouldn't think that $45K was even a drop in the bucket for a decent rig. I have a friend building his JK Unlimited for the trails of Baja, SoCal Deserts & Mountains, and he has been pleasantly surprised at how little the price is of the new Rancho rock rails and bumpers that he is purchasing - roughly half the price of the earlier TJ model he had which was unfortunately stolen.

For that money, I would buy a $30K Unlimited Rubicon and spend the remaining $15K on tires ($1.5K), Suspension ($2K), Gears/axlex ($3K), Body armor ($2K), Intake ($350), Winch w/combo compressor ($2K), HID lighting (1K), Walker Evans beadlocks ($2K) and 2 ARB Freezer Fridges ($1.5K).

:bounce:Here is how I would travel Baja:bounce:

I could see myself in that yellow rig:o

The same goes for me. Forget trying to save gas on the commute, I'd roll in this one 100% of the time! :bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Better gas mileage get a diesel....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/1916998976.html

well maybe not this one if you are looking at good mileage.

That's a nice truck, but I'd lower it 1/2 a foot to take the tube bumpers out of the equation. Otherwise, it would be a fun truck to explore Alaska in. :bounce:

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 09:01 PM

All of this is essentially conspicuous consumption. My question is: Am I right, the F-350 is set up so it has to be taken to a shop to have the anti-crashing airplane gear removed so the hood can be raised??? And, where do you put the ladder while driving around town showing off?

SHEEEESH

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
All of this is essentially conspicuous consumption. My question is: Am I right, the F-350 is set up so it has to be taken to a shop to have the anti-crashing airplane gear removed so the hood can be raised??? And, where do you put the ladder while driving around town showing off?

SHEEEESH

Vgabndo,

If that truck was mine, it would get used as hard and often as my Jeep gets worked off-road. Trust me, I would drive it to the trail, pound on it, and drive it home. Anytime you see a lifted vehicle w/o chrome parts and 2 1/2 ton Rockwell drivetrain, it's not conspicuous consumption.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2010 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

SHEEEESH

It's a pickup the ladder would go in the bed!

The ladder would be used when the wife wanted to ride along.:light:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.