Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja's Best in EL ROSARIO is a hidden gem
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 07:28 PM
Baja's Best in EL ROSARIO is a hidden gem

You gotta stop in at Baja's Best in EL ROSARIO the next time through. Ed and Yolanda Lusk and family run a clean and cozy business - a few rooms if you're lucky - so luxurious with pillows, sofas, large room, big TV. The grounds have a patio, grass lawn with shade structures, a great view of the arroyo, locked gate. They have a bar and restaurant - extensive menu, priced right. Coffee in the morning. It's a charming place with photos, fossils, "baja stuff" and good conversation/information. They can arrange fishing or other tours too.
bajabest@hotmail.com
phone 616 165-8656
or 011 52 (616) 8656 from US
They're on the right, almost all the way through town, yellow building.

PS: I took past forum advice and enjoyed Jardines restaurant in San Quintin on the way home - had the shrimp fettucini and happy hour margarita price! Took one to go to enjoy at Los Olivos campground, which was also a very pleasant surprise. At 30 pesos per person and hot showers you can't go wrong - spic and span. There were only 2 other campers when I was there.

[Edited on 11-20-2010 by wilderone]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:06 PM

EL ROSARIO, not Rosarito... ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:08 PM

spelling kook, again!

93% know what she meant...... 7% :?:

RichBaja
Banned

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
spelling kook, again!

I sure thought she meant Rosarito. Thanks David. Who are these attack monkeys?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:13 PM

welcome to BajaNomad RichBaja !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
spelling kook, again!

No... she spelled Rosarito correctly. The place where Ed's restaurant is was accidentally typed wrong... She will fix it and have a laugh... It is what is called an honest mistake. Happens to all of us.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:20 PM

i know what she meant. 93% did too. thanks for pointing out the obvious to those 7%. go to bed!

[Edited on 11-20-2010 by woody with a view]

BornFisher
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:55 PM

Nice stats there woody! What did you do, take a poll? I thought it was Rosarito Beach and just wondered which direction she was traveling in.
Thanks David for clearing this up, and I`m sure the owners of Baja`s Best thank you too.
RichBaja
Banned

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
Nice stats there woody! What did you do, take a poll? I thought it was Rosarito Beach and just wondered which direction she was traveling in.
Thanks David for clearing this up, and I`m sure the owners of Baja`s Best thank you too.

Probably a poll with the different personalties living inside the head. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-19-2010 at 09:10 PM

Ya know.....Baja (and all of Mexico) has a ton of memory/tongue twisters.... After 22 years I am starting to separate the El Rosarios from the Rosaritos and the Santa Rosalias and the Rosallilliitaliaas:o

Don't believe everything you think....
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 10:19 AM

Woody you are wrong man~ I was thinkn right off the bat Rosarito my

place and didnt even read the whole thing and only knew it wasnt Rosarito

Because you just love to Thrash on David~

You feel better man? I remember JR use to Thrash on people but it was

funny you never make it funny man. So boring You remind me a the typycal

American WE Mexicans from Rosarito remember for a good reason.

READY SET.....................
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:13 AM

I'm glad I had the error pointed out, thanks David. I wasn't doing Ed and Yolanda much of a favor by steering people to Rosarito looking for their place!!!

Another laugh - I noticed at the end, somehow, my "spi c and span" turned into “Hispanic and span” (!) – yeah, that too! Here it is:

KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:22 AM

Does someone have a map showing the location?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:25 AM

You are welcome Cindi... it is all about friends helping friends here... sad that a just a few people desire to be unfriendly.

Kat, I have plenty of maps that show where Ed's Baja's Best is... but I think you can find it (my maps or the place)!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:32 AM

everyone i know knows where ed's place is. living in my own little world here, i guess i should get out more, EH?

i'll try to be a better behaved hater for my new years resolution......

:P

bajajazz
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 11:42 AM

Esposa y mi had a fine dinner at Baja's Best a few nights ago. The place is a real find. It's a long, low, yellow building on the west side of the highway at the south end of town. Ed had caught some ling cod the day before and Yoli prepared it garlic & butter style. She kept a cup over the rice on the plate so it was piping hot when she served the plates . . . a very nice touch I appreciated, as I despise cold rice.

We passed on the rooms as they seemed rather overdone and pricey for a quickie, overnight stay, and instead got a room at the motel across the street which, despite its unfortunate name, "Turista," is also a good find. The rooms are new, American style, good bed and shower, and only 300 pesos a night.

I've always liked El Rosario, and now have two more reasons to appreciate the town.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajazz
Esposa y mi had a fine dinner at Baja's Best a few nights ago. The place is a real find. It's a long, low, yellow building on the west side of the highway at the south end of town. Ed had caught some ling cod the day before and Yoli prepared it garlic & butter style. She kept a cup over the rice on the plate so it was piping hot when she served the plates . . . a very nice touch I appreciated, as I despise cold rice.

We passed on the rooms as they seemed rather overdone and pricey for a quickie, overnight stay, and instead got a room at the motel across the street which, desp

ite its unfortunate name, "Turista," is also a good find. The rooms are new, American style, good bed and shower, and only 300 pesos a night.

I've always liked El Rosario, and now have two more reasons to appreciate the town.

Agree... we have seen Ed put a lot into the restaurant including the remodel about 2 years ago... Food is good. The past issues some Nomads had with house pets in the eating area, and flies in the summer seems to be handled better.

When Baja Cactus (and the west half of El Rosario) had no water, we also stayed at the Turista Motel (Turista does mean tourist, and is not only slang for diarrhea)... If they complete the building of a restaurant in front, hope they pick a different name!:light:

[Edited on 11-21-2010 by David K]

Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 12:26 PM

Classic Woody

No ones holding their breath for your New years resolution.

Spelling matters. Some people are involved with precise work.

I certainly think DK's high level of precision and detailed record keeping will serve the rescue effort for Mike well today.

As an equipment operator, you may know a few things about elevations.

How's the DK bashing going? Got any trash talk today or will you wait till Mike gets out?

No worries
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 12:34 PM

where's the love, man? can't we all get along? your tactics will not draw me into another tirade against our hero. i'm trying to turn over a new leaf......

:biggrin:

and as far as Mike goes, i'm glad DK is home today to coordinate all of the SAR efforts, really!

Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 12:37 PM

Aaawwww. Group hug.

Nice post!

No worries
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.