Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: 2010 Baja 1000 Noon PST on TV Sunday
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2010 at 10:31 AM
2010 Baja 1000 Noon PST on TV Sunday

43rd Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 To Air Sunday on NBC’s World of Adventure Sports
Published on December 14 2010
43rd Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Desert Race Down Mexico’s Baja Peninsula To Air Sunday on NBC’s World of Adventure Sports.

In 2011 distribution will expand to include worldwide and cable audiences on ESPN International and Outdoor Channel.

NEW YORK, N.Y.—One of the world’s premiere motorsports adventures, the 43rd running of the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 will be broadcast Sunday (Dec. 19) on the NBC network as a featured special broadcast of the World of Adventure Sports series at 3:00 p.m. ET/noon PT.

In a year when the race course spanned the entire Baja peninsula from Ensenada to La Paz and dreams were made and broken across all 1061.69 -miles, few teams would emerge unscathed as the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 once again proved itself as the most grueling desert racing challenge in all of motorsports. The World of Adventure Sports will go behind the scenes of the granddaddy of all desert races with highlights from the motorcycle, SCORE Trophy-Truck as well as other classes.

Complete with stunning aerial footage and epic point to point coverage will help viewers experience the majestic charisma and amazing adventure that is what the 2010 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 is all about.

This year’s season-finale of the five-race 2010 SCORE Desert Series is being televised for the eighth consecutive year on NBC in association with SCORE International and SCORE’s electronic media partner Aura360.

With 292 official starters leaving the Ensenada starting line, competitors from 37 states and 19 countries battled the rugged terrain in cars, trucks, motorcycles and ATVs in 33 Pro and 7 Sportsman classes. Massive crowds reaching nearly 250,000 lined the historic Baja peninsula to gain a glimpse of the competitors. Vehicles left the start line in 30-second intervals and all vehicles had 45 hours to become official finishers of the race.

With the world’s best desert racers competing in the epic battle of man and machine, the 292 official starters is the third highest number in the 18 years it has finished in La Paz and it is the 11th highest total in the 43-year history of the race. The 192 official finishers represents the third-highest number in the 18 years it has finished in La Paz and it is the fifth-highest total in the entire 43-year history of the event.

The finishing percentage this year was an amazing 64.7 percent considering the extremely dusty, bone-crushingly rocky and sometimes foggy conditions and the unique ruggedness of the course.

In 2011 the broadcast will also be distributed on ESPN International and Outdoor Channel. Additionally the official DVD of the race with extensive bonus features will be available for purchase shortly after the broadcast at www.bajaunlimited.com.

“Racers, massive support teams, thousands of spectators and hundreds of news media personnel from around the world make annual pilgrimages to Mexico’s Baja California for the legendary Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 and this year’s magical mystery tour down the length of peninsula will provide some of the most spectacular viewing opportunities ever seen,” commented Sal Fish, SCORE CEO/President. “Covering a 1061.69-mile, non-stop desert race down the length of Baja is a monumental and logistical challenge yet Aura360 and NBC have put together another memorable show that will keep even the most casual racing fans on the edge of their seats. This event is truly everyman’s race and we look forward to reliving many of the key moments from this year’s battle with millions of fans across the country this Sunday.”

For video clips from the 2010 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, official SCORE merchandise and DVDs of past broadcasts be sure to visit www.thebajaunlimited.com and become a fan of the BajaUnlimited on Facebook.

Current SCORE official annual sponsors are: BFGoodrich Tires-official tire, Volkswagen of America-official vehicle, Sunoco Race Fuels-official fuel supplier, Bilstein-official shock, Instant Mexico Auto Insurance-official Mexican auto insurance, Slime-official tire sealant and Red Bull-official energy drink. Associate sponsors are: Tecate Beer, Coca-Cola of Mexico, Las Vegas Events, MasterCraft Safety, Blue C Advertising, SignPros, PCI Race Radios, McKenzie’s Performance Products and Advanced Color Graphics. Additional sponsors in Baja are the Secretary of Tourism of Baja California and ProTurismo de Ensenada, Secretary of Tourism of Baja California Sur and Azunia Tequila.

Aura360 specializes in animating client brands through innovative event and media properties and related marketing ventures. Aura360’s services are structured into three operating units; Ownership & Ventures, Client Property Development & Management, and Productions. Allied business 360 Productions provides global video production services. To learn more, please visit www.aura360.com or www.360Productionsgroup.com

MEDIA CONTACTS:
Aura360--Lauren St. Clair 207.699.2360, lauren@aura360.com
SCORE—Dominic Clark, 702.735.7123, dominiccnv@aol.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-15-2010 at 10:38 AM

Thanks for the notice TW!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 12-16-2010 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thanks for the notice TW!:bounce:

Ditto. I always seem to miss the broadcasts.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2010 at 06:53 PM
2010 Baja 1000 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD2yGuLnZkI
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD2yGuLnZkI

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 11:46 AM

Cool Preview... just over one hour to show time!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 12:02 PM

Does anyone know how I can get it via internet?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 12:05 PM

we're going next year....

edit: guys i know use channelsurfing.com to stream nfl games that are blacked out locally. try it.

[Edited on 12-19-2010 by woody with a view]

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 12:19 PM

Thanks woody, I'll look for it......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 02:24 PM

It was a great show. Now, Leidys "gets it". :yes:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 03:10 PM

Really? I saw 35 min. with some action some other stuff... and 25 min. of commercials! It really is tough to do a 2 day race in an hour or half an hour, however!

Ken and Leidys, come over and watch Dust 2 Glory on our big TV. Baja Flo and Dezert People movies, too!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 03:15 PM

yeah, they went from el crucero to loreto and left out everything in between.

i think that "i wanna ride" commercial played 20 times.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Ken and Leidys, come over and watch Dust 2 Glory on our big TV. Baja Flo and Dezert People movies, too!

I'm up for it. Although, I've been sick since Thursday evening. I will keep you posted, though (recovery).

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I DVR'd it so no commercials.
That 8x rider who crashed was next to my wife's grandmother at UCSD where she was after a series of strokes.
The kid was pretty gorked. I hope like hell he makes a full recovery. He has a long road ahead of him. His girlfriend was by his side every time I went to visit grandma and I can't help but think of him often.

Thanks for that Frank... He was only 17, I heard.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
every time I went to visit grandma and I can't help but think of him often.

Granny's are the best! i miss mine..... all the best to yours, bud!:saint:

[Edited on 12-19-2010 by woody with a view]

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 07:25 PM

Interesting, most of my off road racing friends didn't like it. They usually don't unless their car or truck is in it. I thought it was OK but not as good as some in the past couple of years. A lot of Honda stuff but what the heck they also had a lot of commericals in it. I'm just glad they had bikes and cars and trucks. The production company doesn't show much after dark because it's too hard to see any on the course action. Pit work is about it and often it's not that interesting. With the trucks and cars leaving at 11:30am that only gives them 5 hours of daylight to film in and the helos have to set down by dark under Mexican regs.
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 12-20-2010 at 09:26 AM

Yeah, I didn'r find the show that great at all. It seemed tailored to a 12 year old that can't watch a video clip that is longer than 2 seconds. I hate that. I like to watch footage of things for awhile, and when they constantly switch shots, I get a headache.

There were plenty of shots of the Tecate girls though... :biggrin:

Brian
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-20-2010 at 12:27 PM

marketing...........marketing........... :marketing

Gotta pay for that air-time somehow....so the product was fitted to the need.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Cyanide41
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2010 at 01:13 PM

Damn! Day late and a peso short. I missed it. One thing I miss about the US, is the DVR boxes.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-20-2010 at 01:53 PM

I always look forward to tv coverage of the Baja 1000...and invariably am disappointed for all the reasons already mentioned. At least Joe Rogan wasn't barking out his opinions as the commentator :lol:

I appreciate that true fans are disappointed with such commercial coverage (BF Goodrich doesn't make motorcycle tires, so shaddup!! :lol:) ) ...YouTube has better coverage....Dust to Glory needs Version #2 soon...

Back to prepping my bike for February :biggrin:

[Edited on 12-20-2010 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.