Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Fishing Report
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 07:27 PM
Loreto Fishing Report

Mrs Pam's updates are from November. Any local updates on the fishing in Loreto? Going to be there on Jan 13th..:lol:

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2010 at 08:10 AM

The yellowtail are migrating like crazy right now so anything that happens this week will change immediately. You will want a more current report. Try the Western Outdoor News report from Robin Wade where you can get a new weekly update.

wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 08:29 PM

There is nothing like a report from my friends in Loreto. How is the fishing? Looks like the Tuna are still way out and spotty.

Thanks,
Bret

Cell - 5592852174
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2010 at 09:25 PM

It has been pretty spotty the last few weeks, scattered yellowtail, lots of sierra some days and none the next. We did pick up four dorado two days ago, always a nice surprise this time of year.

Not going out until monday, I will post again then.
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2010 at 05:19 PM

Thank you for the response and I look foward to the fishing update.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 09:25 AM

In Loreto, do they charge for launching your own boat from the Marina's launch ramp? If so, how much?

Also, can you go out directly from the Loreto marina about one mile toward Isla Carmen and start fishing? or is that location protected?

[Edited on 12-28-2010 by MitchMan]
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2010 at 09:41 AM

Mitch.....There is no charge to launch your boat at the marina in Loreto, or to park your rig nearby. And, yes you can start fishing as soon as you get outside, if you are inclined. The launch ramp is good for most boats under 26', or so, on any tide, and is one of the best things about living in Loreto......
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 09:44 AM

Thanks, Bill. Info much appreciated. In La Paz, I have to drive one way 40 miles to get to Bajia de Los Muertos to get to decent fishing grounds.
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 06:43 PM

Any updates on the Loreto fishing?
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2011 at 07:30 PM

Guess I will find out the info when I get to my house on Thursday???

Pray for no wind and YT lip rippen!
wakemall
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 07:28 PM

Fished Jan 13 to the 23rd. Wind is still an issue. Two great YT days. Bait is easy east of Corando in deep water. Moved in closer to the island in 270 to 325 feet of water. The bite is great some days and slow others. Best day was 12 YT between 25 to 35 pounds. Some days produced nothing.

The locals said the water is turning over in that area causing questionable days of fishing.

Still kind of cold. We had the fog bank roll in one of the days. The fog almost made it to Loreto. It felt like the Pacific during the Albacore bite.

Numerous boats went north to San Bruno and past. Not sure how they did???

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.