Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christmas in Asuncion
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 04:18 PM
Christmas in Asuncion

We just returned from a two week trip to our place in Bahia Asuncion. We had a great time and enjoyed perfect weather. It was a pleasure to meet Doug and his family and also meet Mike and Don Kay. Our son, Gabriel, didn't really understand all the fuss about Don Kay, though, since our neighbor has a donkey :lol:. I also bumped into Pompano on our way down at the Pemes in El Rosario and our good friends Cielomar on our return trip somewhere south of San Vincinte.

Here's a link to our photos: http://tinyurl.com/255qta2

We decided to drive up to El Rosario for New Years Eve and then cross the border on New Years Day. We stayed at Baja Cactus and everything was great as usual. We made the mistake, once again, of eating dinner at Mama Espinosa's. Overpriced for very bland, average food. The drive home on New Year's Day was very easy with no traffic. In fact, it took about 20 minutes to cross at San Ysidro.

Once again, a great trip south of the border for Christmas and New Years.

Zac

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 04:56 PM

Zac - we also went there a week ago since I wanted to take my second time Baja visitors there for a little bit of "history". It took almost an hour for 4 of us to be fed and out the door, even tho the restaurant was pretty empty when we got there !! However, I ordered the fish tacos and they were VERY good with lots of sauces :)

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 04:56 PM

Salud!

glad to hear it. next time try La Mijita across from the school/next to the delegation.

Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 05:25 PM

Wonderful. Great seeing you guys again. Just watched your video and what a nice treat that was. Will watch the rest tomorrow with my morning coffee.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Salud!

glad to hear it. next time try La Mijita across from the school/next to the delegation.

Woody, we have a few favorites in town but wanted a short walk as it was cold and we had the kids with us.

Zac

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 05:32 PM

that'll teach ya, Zac! the easy money is never spent best.....

you know i'm fooling...:P

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 06:26 PM

as always it was great to see the family...especially fun to see the kids growing up!

that was a great guitar solo zac!

DSC07162.JPG - 40kB

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
as always it was great to see the family...especially fun to see the kids growing up!

that was a great guitar solo zac!

Next time, we'll have you over for the family jam session.
:yes:

brewer
Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 09:42 PM

We are going down in Feb. to San Ignacio for the whales. We want to take the road from Abreojos along the coast, north, to Vizcaino on the way home. My question is, are there remote places to camp along the coast? Is it safe? I'll be with my wife and two boys, 2 and 5.

I've been to Mallarimo ( sp.) beach years ago. Does anyone know the condition of the road out to it?

We got back from a Thanksgiving trip to L A Bay after an absence from all the cartel crap. We had a great trip and felt safe. We can't wait to get back down again.

Any info on that stretch of coast would be welcomed, thanks.
brewer
Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 09:45 PM

Also we live in San Diego. I was hoping to contact bajaboy for information about Bahia Asuncion. Does anyone know his contact?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by telebrewer
I was hoping to contact bajaboy for information about Bahia Asuncion.
You may also want to check with Nomads Shari (of Bahia Asuncion) and BajaBlanca (of La Bocana, near Abreojos) - both with comments above in this thread.

-
Doug

[Edited on 1-5-2011 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-5-2011 at 08:35 AM

welcome to Nomadlandia amigo...we look forward to your trip report....you can just U2U bajaboy...or me

there are a kazillion remote spots to camp between Abrojos and Vizcaino and it is very safe because it is patrolled 24/7 by the fishing coops security trucks who watch for poachers. You will likely get a visit from them...they generally have trucks with radio antennas on them and are very polite and just checking you out.

I suggest hugging the coast whenever possible...there are always several choices for roads...high road being the direct route, middle roads sometimes pass through the fish camps but the roads closest to the shore are the most beautiful and you can find you camp spots there. Look for little arroyos to camp in as the north wind blows on the Abreojos to San Hipolito area so you can hunker down in a teeny arroyo...as long as it isnt raining of course. There is a 15 mile long beach between La Bocana & San Hipolito that is amazing!!! have a great trip and stop in for a shower & check emails in Asuncion if ya want.

(check your U2U...which is a private message box...look for it up in the right corner by the log in thingy)

[Edited on 1-5-2011 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2011 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by telebrewer
We are going down in Feb. to San Ignacio for the whales. We want to take the road from Abreojos along the coast, north, to Vizcaino on the way home. My question is, are there remote places to camp along the coast? Is it safe? I'll be with my wife and two boys, 2 and 5.

I've been to Mallarimo ( sp.) beach years ago. Does anyone know the condition of the road out to it?

We got back from a Thanksgiving trip to L A Bay after an absence from all the cartel crap. We had a great trip and felt safe. We can't wait to get back down again.

Any info on that stretch of coast would be welcomed, thanks.

Hi,
Check your U2Us

Last August some people did a film of driving out to Mallarimo and they hired people from the coop there to take them and are glad they did.

Nice photos Bajaboy

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.