BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: horseradish in san jose?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 05:38 PM
horseradish in san jose?

anyone know where can find some?? IM getting lots of tubes of wasibe, but cant find the reg white stuff!! yes this embarasing,,but I got big sornoran prime rib and MUST find some horseradish....I can hear the wisecrack,s getting louder by the min.:P:P
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 05:40 PM

Did you check out Soriana or Mega? And, crazy at it sounds, Trader Dicks carries a weird assortment of NOB stuff.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 05:42 PM

I don't have an answer but can empathize with your problem. The white stuff is required for prime rib.
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 05:43 PM

Europa has it...or at least they did.

Arumburu's has had in the past...but we're talking multiple yrs past when they actually had an inventory.

Prosan's in Cabo also has it.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 07:22 PM

fishabductor.....thank's for the best laugh, I've had in a long time,just recently lost a very awsome dog and then two week's after that my grandma who has lived in la paz since 1960!!!...fishabductor,,,,,I f=ing love it....is that the name of your boat?,,if not,, as boat mech& electrical guy I consult with a lot of fishing folk's (as myself fish) and that's a GREAT name"""( for the right boat) can I recommend it if I find the right vessel?????I cant sea,laughing too much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 07:24 PM

Hoa captkw,

last year, i did buy a small jar at europa across the street from the scotia bank last year. i bought it to have with the raw oysters from san quintin.

going south on the main drag towards mega, you need to make a u turn at the turnout about a block after passing scotia and back northerly about a couple of blocks or so. it's on the right side of the main road.

may i ask where you got the prime rib ? i've heard the prime rib from mega is very good.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 07:28 PM

se,got at mega
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 08:07 PM

Fishabductor is the name of a Tackle/clothing company I am playing with, and have been playing with for the last 4 yrs. i just finally got around to getting tshirts printed up. They have the fishabductor logo on the front with Rays that pull fish up to the surface. On the back they have our exclusive Alien Angler between the shoulder blades. It's trademarked so no stealin':smug:

Sorry to hear about the dog. we also lost one on xmas morning to a rattle snake bite. That dog must have gotten bit 30x this yr, which means he killed at least that many snakes. I never saw a dog so possessed to attack and kill snakes...rattle snakes in particular. he'd hear a snake from a 100yds away and charge it, grab it by the tail and whip it violently. He was an probably 13 years old from my wifes ranch. He was an experienced Bob Cat, Fox and Coyote Brawler too, work which was often required of a ranch dog in these parts. RIP Indio.

[Edited on 1-27-2011 by fishabductor]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2011 at 08:54 PM

fishabductor,,ck..understand about the name......roger,,,but your gonna make a good thing of it, I hope you market with the smaller tackle store's and not go mega with it!!! if I caught that right...indio....good on ya mate ,sound's like a great dog for baja, hey give me a shout at email: captkw@hotmail.com tight lines!!!rip some lip's& let's eat:lol::lol::tumble::cool:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 06:47 AM

oooppsss!! dam teguila!! that's ...... captkw@hotmail.com.... vios con dios indio,,any pic's of indio?? shirt & logo Ill buy one,two got two great fish decal's at east cape tackle in los barriles.....no bannana's...salmon fishing bad luck!! it's 6:so am and my boat is way north....sh-t... anyway,,one of my fav gig's after were done fishing is to put around marina's and ck-out boat's and the name's on transom's......fishabducter would be a riot to see on a boat,,,still laughing......thank's:lol::lol::lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 09:37 AM

captkw - do you fish commercial or take tourists out for sport?
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
oooppsss!! dam teguila!! that's ...... captkw@hotmail.com.... vios con dios indio,,any pic's of indio?? shirt & logo Ill buy one,two got two great fish decal's at east cape tackle in los barriles.....no bannana's...salmon fishing bad luck!! it's 6:so am and my boat is way north....sh-t... anyway,,one of my fav gig's after were done fishing is to put around marina's and ck-out boat's and the name's on transom's......fishabducter would be a riot to see on a boat,,,still laughing......thank's:lol::lol::lol:

I have buddy who actually rigged up a banana peel and slow trolled it I a while back. I want to say he caught a marlin on it, but it may have been a Dorado. Either way he caught something on it. When i guided on the Kenai..we'd hide banana on the other boats, usually in the tackle boxes or next to the bottle of ever present Baileys.

My family commercial fished and my uncle still fishes commercially in AK. I have worked ketchikan, and bristol bay but I am a sportfisher by heart.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 10:57 AM

I got 31 lb rainbow above the lake on the kenai anmd thought I had a record, guy at takle store laughed when I wanted some witnesses,then opened a freezer, he hade 4 more the same size in it!!!! I like the telketna for silver's ya sport is the way for me,keep's it fun
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 11:03 AM

Our friends have an original homestead on Willow creek, south west of talketna, it drains into the Little SU. That was my favorite stream, it was maybe 12' across and chalk full of fish and bear.

The record for a rainbow is 58lbs I believe it was taken off the island across from ketchikan if I remember right. There was a 52lb inpfficial steelhead taken in an unnamed and no-longer productive little stream in WA back in the 80's.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2011 at 11:18 AM

I power drove down here as my granma was on her last, she passed...anyway I didnt have time to grap the smaller boat that I bring down here to fish and do small charter,s ever seen a 18.5 livingston w/twin mec 75's my offshore rocket!!!! some reason I sorta rememder willow creek, been outside tooo long!!! rright before I left monterey ca. to get here we were bagging 55lb white seabass ,best run in the bay ever!!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.