BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Don't you just hate it, when you realize it took you 30yrs to learn something that was right in front of your face the...
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

mad.gif posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:33 PM
Don't you just hate it, when you realize it took you 30yrs to learn something that was right in front of your face the whole time??

:mad:

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:36 PM

How about figuring something out and realize you learned it 30 years ago but forgot?

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:37 PM

Nope, even worse. I am coming to the conclusion that the mayority of my fellow Mexican people are idiots when it comes to politics, and thus, the reason we have such pathetic and incompetent goverments.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 06:42 PM

exactly Jesse. the politicians reflect the people. that's the whole truth.

see you in a month when we return to la paz !!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 07:07 PM

Vent it Jesse ! ! ! Desahogate . . . el otro lado, es lo mismo.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
It ain't just your fellow Mexicanos, hermano!

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Nope, even worse. I am coming to the conclusion that the mayority of my fellow Mexican people are idiots when it comes to politics, and thus, the reason we have such pathetic and incompetent goverments.

Yes, but theres levels of stupidity, and i do believe we are right at the top on that.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 07:24 PM

Quote:

Hell.....can I change the word Mexican to United States in your paragraph? Seems to be the same all over.....

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 07:31 PM

I prefer to just think of it as theater.

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 08:49 PM

The politicians are elected by the people. If you are disgusted with the politicians' behavior, you have to look at the people who elect them... over and over again.

I have a 45-45-10 theory that applies to the USA. 45% of the people are smart and vote loyally for the correct political party. 45% are stupid and loyally vote for the wrong party. The last 10% are also stupid but they do not loyally vote for either party. This 10% can be easily swayed by the more persuasive party and therefore any party who gets their vote will win the elections.

The point is, 55% of the people are stupid.

Jesse, I agree with you that it's the people that are stupid. The politicians that are elected are usually just persuasive. If the majority of people voted intelligently, they would know who the intelligent and moral and capable politicians are and would vote only for them. Then you would have a good and well run country.

You are right, the Mexican electorate are even more stupid than we USA Americans and its quite apparent that the vast majority of Mexicans are very easily persuaded to repeatedly vote against their own best interest.

[Edited on 2-1-2011 by MitchMan]

[Edited on 2-1-2011 by MitchMan]
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2011 at 09:33 PM

Is there an election coming up? I had hardly noticed the line dancers blocking traffic, the flyers (in my mailbox, under my gate, over my gate, though my gate, under my wiper, in my planter, in the gutter), the trucks with blaring loudspeakers, the ranting politicians, the god-awful t-shirts, the parades of flagged and/or ballooned cars with kids on top and the multitude of posters attached to every single light and telephone pole on every street throughout the entire city.

Nope. Hardly noticed.

La_Paz_political_parade_down_malecon_Jan_16_2011i.JPG - 25kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 12:41 AM

I personally believe in Mexico, 70% of the electorate, is certifiable stupid.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 06:33 AM

And those "undecided" voters are liars or fools, probably won't even vote.
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 10:26 AM

Jesse,

Its the human (not just Mexican or American) condition.

Greed and selfishness is the rule.

Are you expecting heaven on earth?

No worries
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 10:49 AM

As much as I can share your frustration being a gringo living NOB, I am sick over what has happened in your country over the last 5 years. I truly hope that the population will eventually have enough and rise up.

Seeing what is happening in Egypt, largely orchestrated by the social networks, maybe it could happen in Mexico.

An election alone isn't going to get it done. How do you see it playing out?

Ken
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 10:51 AM

Looking at the title of this thread. I would have guessed you had fallen for your sister, cousin or something along those lines.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Seeing what is happening in Egypt, largely orchestrated by the social networks, maybe it could happen in Mexico.

What's happening in Egypt is fine if it stays out of the hands of the nasty Muslims.
If it doesn't happen like that, I'd be investing in manufacturers of electric cars.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 11:14 AM

"If there were no fools in the legislature, it would not be a representative body." - Will Rogers

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

What's happening in Egypt is fine if it stays out of the hands of the nasty Muslims.
If it doesn't happen like that, I'd be investing in manufacturers of electric cars.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I am not convinced that what will come out of Egypt will be better, (remember Iran)? My point is the power of the social networks to organize. Unfortunately, for Mexico, Egypt has a wider based middle class that do such things as facebook, etc.

Ken
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
:mad:
Thank goodness we have people here who can tell us who the stupid people are. They are usually those whos views differ from our own...right? Geez...those smart folks should share more of their wisdom so that we could all get our thinking right. Maybe we could set up some institutions to train the thinking of these miscreants.
Maybe herd them into enclosures so they are easier to control. Just thinking.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-1-2011 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95

:yes:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.