BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fishing la paz and Loreto soon.
dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 04:48 PM
fishing la paz and Loreto soon.

Hello everyone
My friend and i are planning to go to La Paz and Loreto.Could someone recommend good skipper and places to stay that has internet connections.If we go during the coming week should we be worry about not finding place to stay if we do not make reservation ahead of time?Thanks
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 05:17 PM

What is your price range for a room?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 05:36 PM

less than 100 per nite please.Thanks
moogie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dpf33a
Hello everyone
My friend and i are planning to go to La Paz and Loreto.Could someone recommend good skipper and places to stay that has internet connections.If we go during the coming week should we be worry about not finding place to stay if we do not make reservation ahead of time?Thanks

You may want to contact Tailhunter International in La Paz.
He can hook you up with everything. . . .Here's a link.
Moog

http://www.tailhunter-international.com/
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 04:13 PM

If you are on a budget, in La Paz I recommend 'Casa Buena' bed and breakfast. Very reasonable, fantastic atmosphere, giant community cabana with full kitchen and free internet access, Television, a fireplace, big dining table, plenty of couches, a swimming pool, all gated. The owners are fantastic, Milton and Suze, and extremely personable. Two miles from down town La Paz, and one block off the main drag and absolutely secure.

For great fishing on a budget (fish off Ceralvo Island and the coast), I have some phone numbers and names of pangueros that do a great job and have always put me on fish before I got my own boat. You will have to drive yourself to the beach to meet the pangueros which is about 40 miles from down town La Paz. That is usually the same place that Tailhunter will take you if you go with them, but they are quite a bit more expensive. Pay for and get your own Mexican fishing license, it will keep the cost down for you with the pangueros who charge somewhere between $120 to $150 USD depending on things.

This is a recommendation for those on a budget, but if you want everything taken care of for you, everybody says Tailhunter is great. Never used them myself, that's because I am Jack Benny cheap and sort of a do-it-yourselfer.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 05:44 PM

dpf......In Loreto, the Oasis, an old fishing resort, is right on the beach at the south end of the malecon. It has large rooms for around $100 US, and also a good restaurant that will fix lunches to take with you fishing. When friends come to town who I can not accommodate, I put them up at the Oasis.
As for pangueros, Francisco Davis and Alvaro Murillo are two of the best local captains. Both have their own pangas and can put you on fish.
There are a lot more rooms to rent in Loreto right now than tourists to rent them, so you will have no trouble finding a room if you come without reservations. You may get better rates, however, if you book in advance than if you walk in off the street, unless you are willing to spend some time comparison shopping.
Likewise with panguero capitans. There will be many at the marina looking for clients. The best, however, are most likely to be booked in advance, and Alvaro and Francisco are two of the best. Let me know if you want to contact either or both to talk about fishing prospects before you get here.
Here's a photo of Francisco in his panga El Pajaro at Pulpito a couple of weeks ago working out on a yellowtail.

fran.jpg - 44kB
dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2011 at 09:36 PM

i wonder if anyone have fishing report at this time?Thanks for the advise.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 05:16 AM

I agree that Tailhunter, although not the cheapest, is the best. Jonathan really takes care of you and his captains always have put me on great fishing. Loretto on the other hand.....have gotten a couple of boat rides there:( and some great fishing too. Another great area you may want to check is Mulege, if the bite is there it can be great fun and reasonably priced:light:

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 06:24 AM

Quote:

It has been windy in Loreto for the past couple of days, and the forecast is for more wind through Monday or Tuesday. Earlier this week before the wind came up the yellowtail bite slowed both north and south of town.
dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2011 at 09:49 PM

we are in lapaz now and hoping to get direct connection for fishing without middleman.thanks
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 4-15-2011 at 08:52 PM

Quote:

Hi Bill,

We don't think were pulling the boat this year as it is getting to be such a pain and we will be fishing pangas.

I lost Francisco's contact info. He's on Calle Davis before you get to Coco Cabanas? Correct? Can you U2U me his info?

Regards,
Jerry
<*)))>{

bajajurel

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.