Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz 5/11
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 09:09 AM
La Paz 5/11

Fished from Muertes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and La Paz side Thursday.
Monday: Very windy, stayed inshore for minly smaller Cabrilla, enough for dinner
Tuesday: No wind but still alot of swell, tried for wahoo and caught some Bonita and a nice Sierra and a couple of triggers
Wednesday: Awesome morning on the water, smooth with Mantas jumping and lots of life. Trolled for Wahoo again, within first 5 minutes was hooked up and less than an hour boated 3 nice Bonita that we traded for bait. Rest of the day was about the same as the others.
Thursday: Decided to try one more day and fished the La Paz side. Made bait in the bay and headed out. Saw lots of sargossa and even thought I saw a glimpse of color but Cpt Chito had a plan. Got to his spot and started fishing live bait. Also started jigging iron.....hookup! Nice fight and ended up with a 45 pound amberjack! Then the bait became pproductive, 3 nice Yellowtail to 25 pounds and a Cabrilla of about 10 pounds. Also some triggers and a firecracker yellowtail on bait and jigs.
Glad we fished an extra day:bounce::tumble::bounce:
Another great trip with Tailhunter, thanks Jonathan!!! Will post pictures a little later when I have time.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2011 at 09:39 AM

La Paz side has delivered recently, neighbors caught marlin, yellow tail, amberjack etc... this week. Hopefully, when you fish with Jonathon you can release if you catch all you can eat at limits, usually its up to the client to decide.
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:27 PM
Pics

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1023.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1043.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1039.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1044.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1037.jpg
45 pounds!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/acadist/DSCN1012.jpg

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
La Paz side has delivered recently, neighbors caught marlin, yellow tail, amberjack etc... this week. Hopefully, when you fish with Jonathon you can release if you catch all you can eat at limits, usually its up to the client to decide.

What I don't release I bring home for the freezer;D

Dave
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:44 PM

Great pics!

In Memory of E-57
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 08:47 PM

I was blown off the water on Sunday too but got some nice roosters and a cubera on Thurs. fishing out of Muertos

In Memory of E-57
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 5-10-2011 at 09:07 PM

SAAAaaawwwwwweeet! pictures and fish!

READY SET.....................
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 05:50 AM

Great looking pictures!! I ran up and down both sides of Espiritu Santo with the wife on Sunday for NADA! Guess I am hitting the wrong places on the right day!:?: One bonita and some needlefish. Where at Santo are they fishing???? A full tank of gas and a little catfood for my efforts.:lol:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Great looking pictures!! I ran up and down both sides of Espiritu Santo with the wife on Sunday for NADA! Guess I am hitting the wrong places on the right day!:?: One bonita and some needlefish. Where at Santo are they fishing???? A full tank of gas and a little catfood for my efforts.:lol:

It was the first time I have been on the La Paz side so I do not know the area well. We were just on the La Paz side of the last ssmall island running a drift toward the island. The shore where we would start the drift had some cliffs that were very distinctive and easy to spot.

You can see the cliffs in the background where we began the drift.
You could tell the amberjack was a good fish when the panguero pulled it out and showed it to every boat he saw and even took a picture of it on his camera before fileting it. It was caught on a dorado colored iron on 40# green P-line. The rest of the yellowtail and cabrilla were all caught on live bait using heavier line.

Dave
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 12:28 AM

Were you near the pens out from Pichilingue? My neighbor is raising Amberjack in those pens. Last year some seals chewed their way in and he lost over 200 fish. Yours looks to be about the right size. I guess they didn't migrate too far :lol:

In Memory of E-57
acadist
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Were you near the pens out from Pichilingue? My neighbor is raising Amberjack in those pens. Last year some seals chewed their way in and he lost over 200 fish. Yours looks to be about the right size. I guess they didn't migrate too far :lol:

No Give backs:lol:
Tell him it tatses awesome:spingrin:

Dave

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.