Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Speeding Ticket on the Toll Road Today
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 07:22 PM
Speeding Ticket on the Toll Road Today

Coming back from San Diego about noon today and just south of La Mission I took a turn going about 85 and there was a Federal de Camino officer holding a radar gun and I knew I was had. I tried to slow down but he got me dead to rights. He motioned me over and I stopped. He walked up to my car and stuck his hand out to shake mine and asked for license and registration and I gave him both. He then went to his car and wrote me up. When he returned he told me to come back to his car and he explained the ticket and what he wrote me up for and and the ticket it said I was doing far less then 85 so I was a little relieved. We talked for awhile and I told him the names of some friends in the highway patrol and he asked why I didn't tell him prior to writing the ticket and I said he was right about the speed and he was doing the right thing. This officer could not have been more of a gentleman. He asked about my work and where I live and then we talked about family. It was a very pleasant experience. I have been pulled over by the Mexican Highway Patrol about 4 times for speed in the last 24 years and on each encounter with these officers they were professional and courteous. It sure is refreshing to have one of these guys pull you over then to go through the mordida dance with the locals.

Tomorrow I will visit my brother in law who is a Captain with the patrol and have him take care of it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 07:33 PM

that does indeed sound like a good experience !!

now, what is your address so we can mail our next ticket to you....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 07:46 PM

"Tomorrow I will visit my brother in law who is a Captain with the patrol and have him take care of it."

:lol::lol::lol:

I love it! Thanks for the good laugh and report Dan!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 07:58 PM

highway cops are your friends. city cops, not so much! that's what i tell everyone.

Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 08:35 PM

Nice to hear about a good experience getting a ticket.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Coming back from San Diego about noon today and just south of La Mission I took a turn going about 85 and there was a Federal de Camino officer holding a radar gun and I knew I was had. I tried to slow down but he got me dead to rights. He motioned me over and I stopped. He walked up to my car and stuck his hand out to shake mine and asked for license and registration and I gave him both. He then went to his car and wrote me up. When he returned he told me to come back to his car and he explained the ticket and what he wrote me up for and and the ticket it said I was doing far less then 85 so I was a little relieved. We talked for awhile and I told him the names of some friends in the highway patrol and he asked why I didn't tell him prior to writing the ticket and I said he was right about the speed and he was doing the right thing. This officer could not have been more of a gentleman. He asked about my work and where I live and then we talked about family. It was a very pleasant experience. I have been pulled over by the Mexican Highway Patrol about 4 times for speed in the last 24 years and on each encounter with these officers they were professional and courteous. It sure is refreshing to have one of these guys pull you over then to go through the mordida dance with the locals.

Tomorrow I will visit my brother in law who is a Captain with the patrol and have him take care of it.

So e-mail me and I will take you to dinner and you can teach me the Mexicna ways.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 10:28 PM

The last line!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 12:15 AM

You messed up you should have invited him and his family over to your place for BBQ and drinks,LOL> Take Care & Travel Safe--- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 07:06 AM

what a refreshing report lizard...until the last bit...but i sure hope you were kidding about your brother in law "fixing it". It was so nice to hear about no corruption and then you spoil it all by suggesting that your brother in law make a clearly justifiable ticket...go away...isnt that a form of corruption too?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
what a refreshing report lizard...until the last bit...but i sure hope you were kidding about your brother in law "fixing it". It was so nice to hear about no corruption and then you spoil it all by suggesting that your brother in law make a clearly justifiable ticket...go away...isnt that a form of corruption too?

I'm sure Dan means his bro in law will pay the ticket for him. After all....it's family. :biggrin:
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 08:41 AM

Recently, I also had a pleasant experience with the Polica Federal. Driving Sount of G. Negro at about 70 - 75, I came upon a Polica standing in the road waving for me to stop. His buddy was there with a radar gun. As I came up to him he greeted me politly and pointed at my speedometer and said, "55 maximo, please slow down". I said I was sorry and that I would slow down and he sent me on my way. No hint of mordita. I actually did slow down - at least for a while.
On another instance, in the two months that I was up North, it seems Loreto has a new policy - you have to stop at Stop Signs! My first day back in town, I got waved over and told that I have to stop at the sign now. Also very polite and just a warning. Bummer, now I have to get in the habit of stopping at the signs again. Next thing you know, you won't be able to set your beer can on the dash any more.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
Next thing you know, you won't be able to set your beer can on the dash any more.

Bite your tongue. This could never happen in a civilized world. Next thing you'll be saying is you can't throw beer cans out the window when everyone knows you can't litter aluminum. Second bounce and it's in someone's bag.
Life is good. :biggrin:
marv sherrill
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 05:35 PM

How much was the ticket and how were you supposed to pay it??? Just the facts man, just the facts.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 05:42 PM

Lips.......you need the Gold Card!!!!!........and that stretch of highway is posted with RADAR warnings!!!!

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
Next thing you know, you won't be able to set your beer can on the dash any more.

Bite your tongue. This could never happen in a civilized world. Next thing you'll be saying is you can't throw beer cans out the window when everyone knows you can't litter aluminum. Second bounce and it's in someone's bag.
Life is good. :biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 10:16 AM

I've got the jack Webb LAPD #714 gold card but it stays in my desk drawer.

Leaving for work in Monterrey right now so when I get back I will see my bro and check on status of ticket.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:40 PM

Maybe it's just me, but considering that LL already confessed to the fact tht he was speeding, the entire concept of having a relative "fix the ticket" just really annoys me.

Seems that this forum is chock full of posts complaining about crooked cops seeking a mordita. But, in this case, LL was admittedly speeding, it would seem to me that this incident ought to be filed among the Baja hall of shame.

I cannot come close to the number of posts on this board that have complained about being shaken down for infractions they did not commit.

So, I just guess I need to conclude that Lizardlips has posted a satire.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:49 PM

When in Rome........

Let me ask you something, Howard. Had you been pulled over for speeding which you readily admit to doing, and the man writes you a trophy, then after ten minutes of fat chewing with the cop he says, "Let me have that ticket back. You don't have to pay it."

Would you give it to him or would you insist on paying it because you were, in fact, speeding and you deserve the ticket?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Maybe it's just me, but considering that LL already confessed to the fact tht he was speeding, the entire concept of having a relative "fix the ticket" just really annoys me.

I'm going to agree with you this one time. It IS you.

If I had a bro-in-law who was a Captain ''with the patrol,'' I'd be name dropping as I was pulling my license out.

But, that's just me.

Way to go, LL!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.