Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Heading back
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 11:14 AM
Heading back

After missing several planned Baja trips we get to head south again. Instead of the desert in Baja it was the desert in 'exotic' Afghanistan. This weekend things will be put on hold in Borrego and Monday is the jump off day. The plan is Gonzaga, GN, Loreto and Mag Bay with a short jump up to San Juanico to visit friends. Anyway, good to be back with the kayaks and fishing gear ready to load.
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 02:17 PM

I envy you! It's so damn cold and wet north of the 49th.

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 03:23 PM

Ed - i sent you a U2U - look in top right corner, blue letters under your name......

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Ed - i sent you a U2U - look in top right corner, blue letters under your name......

OK, checked out your website, left a u2u message, and will check back here.

EdZ
..OB, Borrego, and Baja!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:55 PM

great - I just realized you are coming THIS WEEKEND. please call my mom EVA, she should have one bike already - i will U2U her number !!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 08:00 PM
OK so far

Pretty smooth so far!
There was a change of plans when we got to El Rosario. The wind was really cranking so we (Bonnie actually) decided to give up on going to the coast from El Rosario and headed to GN a day early. Mal Reamer last night and Don Gus tonight.
So, been in GN messing about the wetlands and dunes, still windy but thats the way it is. Tomorrow we head for Abreojos. The road was ok even with the widening going on, just one torn up section north of San Augustin under flow control, light traffic and only one Military stop for questions.

More as the tip progresses...and the wireless gods smile on us.

EdZ KG6UTS
EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 08:13 AM

Got to La Bocana on Thursday for a great stay with Blanca and Les at Baja Bocana. Blanca introduced us to their friend Joaquin who cooks dinner by appointment in his tiny restaurant. A winner!!!!! Joaquin is an outstanding chef and fun to talk with. A couple of his friends showed up to watch Mexico v/s Cuba socker so we just sat around talking and telling Baja stories.
Bonnie, being the animal magnet, picked up a worst for wear street dachhund in GN so we are dealing with that. ( Semper Gumby...always flexible!) When we got to Loreto yesterday afternoon Bonnie and a friend took the old guy to the vet. Turns out the dog looks worse than he really is, three antibiotic shots at the mutt clinic for a 75 peso donation, try that at home.
Anyway, in the 90s, clear, a tad humid......and time to look for fish.

EdZ KG6UTS
temporarily of Loreto BCS
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 07:22 PM

Hi guys !! how are you doing in loreto ??? I sure hope there is NO wind ....

we may sneak off and visit you guys ... haven't decided yet !!

take care of that doggie = he has the cutest face ....

Come visit La Bocana

EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 12:26 PM
Loreto_no wind or fish..

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Hi guys !! how are you doing in loreto ??? I sure hope there is NO wind ....

we may sneak off and visit you guys ... haven't decided yet !!

take care of that doggie = he has the cutest face ....

Blanca,
Dog is recovering well. The weather has been great but no Dorado yet. So....we just kayak a lot.

EdZ
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:42 PM

just so you know and in case you forgot ...it is VERY windy here !! and coldish .....

sorry about the no dorado

hope kayaking is fun

we can't make it to Loreto this time, please ask all the OBcians to come and visit us !! If they let me know in advance, I promise them a lunch !!

:yes:

Come visit La Bocana

EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 04:25 PM
Packed up...

The week + in Loreto is over tomorrow so we are going back to San Diego. It added up to about two weeks on the road down here with some good kayaking and fishing . We didn't get any Dorado but did pick up some Pargo, Cabria, and trigger fish...and of course our share of needlefish with a seabird or two thrown in. Bonnie acquired a dog off the street in GN so we are dealing with that. All in all a good couple of weeks. This we will go back through Tecate.

EdZ
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2011 at 04:55 PM

folks, Bonnie "adopted" the saddest dog you could ever imagine who was wandering aroung Guerrero Negro on his last legs .... and within a day of her having taken him under her wing - he was already looking better ...

I don't want to post his pic - no need for tears and he is soooo much happier now - washed and medicated and loved ......so kudos to Ed and Bonnie !!

Come visit La Bocana

Cielomar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 08:33 AM

Where did you stay in Loreto? I came south a week ago and it was the first time I stayed in Loreto. stayed at the Oasis and had a great dinner and a swim. Was favorably impressed but a bit $$. We plan to stop in Loreto for a couple of days going north at the end of July. Any suggestions about fishing contacts and places to stay?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 09:18 AM

Coco Cabanas in Loreto is a very nice place to stay and if you tell Steve you are a Baja Nomader, you might get a discount

:spingrin:

You should also come visit La Bocana and go fishing with Juanchy or Domingo - they are catching grouper in the lagoon, not much big stuff in the sea (defintely fishing and not catching) and they go shore fishing every afternoon !

Come visit La Bocana

Cielomar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2011 at 09:49 AM

Blanca-

Allow me to show my ignorance and ask where is La Bocana? I'm in BCS south of Pescadero. thx....
EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2011 at 07:11 AM
Loreto_fishing_lodging

Quote:
Originally posted by Cielomar
Where did you stay in Loreto? ...... Any suggestions about fishing contacts and places to stay?

We stayed at SuKasa Bungalows up the malecon two blocks from Oasis. http://www.loreto.com/sukasa/ . Normally we stay there two to four times a year for a week to 10 days.

Roberto Romero is an independant panga capt. living in Colonia Zaragosa. We've been fishing with Roberto for years and before that his brother. He is a good guy who will put you on fish if they are there, if they aren't he will tell you. The contact I have for him is : 135 25 62 or 613 113 0631
robertorookies@hotmail.com. The folks at SuKasa can contact him too. July should be a great time for dorado in Loreto. They were too far out when we were there a wek ago.

EdZ KG6UTS
OB, Borrego and Baja!!
EdZeranski
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2011 at 10:15 PM
Street dog story

This thread started back in June when we headed south for a few weeks, El Rosario, Guerrero Negro, Abre Ojos-La Bocana, Loreto etc. to kayak and fish. Bonnie has always been an animal magnet so strays fly out of alleys and stick to her. June 8th in GN we were headed out to the old light house/pier to kayak and check out the birds when Bonnie saw a bad off (near death) long haired dachshund struggling to get through some bushes. Well, we went back to town to pick up a box then hauled the mutt back to Don Gus. The next day we were in La Bocana where Les and Blanca let us take in the dog. After going to Animal Landia in Loreto, a volunteer vet service we met through SuKasa Bungalos we got enough shots and paper work to bring the dog north. UUUUGLY! The poor thing looked like a possum but the girl vet volunteer called him 'guapo' when giving him shots so thats his name. Anyway...two month later he is a real, healthy, dog with a good coat and great personality. Guapo, most folks think whappo is old but mobile. Bonnie said he may go but at least he will have at least a year or so of dignity . Baja dog story
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2012 at 09:17 PM

I don't think I ever answered Cielomar :(

Don't remember reading this post before ....

We are 10 miles north of Punta Abreojos. One takes the first exit after Vizcaino off highway 1. Drive to Abreojos. turn right on Calle Dominguez and drive 10 miles on the saltflats til you see La Bocana. Viola !

Come visit La Bocana

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 05:53 AM
dog

GOOD,go with guapo !!thank's for being " bein hente"
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 08:10 PM
edzeranski

hola,,runnig a panga,,does not make him , worthy of the title, Captain, in my humble opinion ,,,a capt,studie's and has to be skilled in a lot of matter's that I have not found in any panga "captain's" A hell of a diff, between owning a boat and deserving to be called a captain. and ,yes a lot these guy's are good at fishing and BTW I have a lot amigo's in the la playita fleet and wish, all,,tight lines and fair sea's

.MY 8 centov's K&T:cool:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.