Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Unraveling Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2011 at 07:15 PM
Unraveling Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel

This is the first of a series coming up in the LA Times. I enjoyed reading it. The paragraph below describes the series, the highlighted link is the article.
For several years, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration put the distribution side of Mexico's Sinaloa cartel under a microscope. This series describes the detailed picture that emerged of how the cartel moves drugs into Southern California and across the United States. Times staff writer Richard Marosi reviewed hundreds of pages of records, including DEA investigative reports, probable-cause affidavits, and transcripts of court testimony and phone surveillance. He also interviewed DEA agents, prosecutors and local law enforcement officers serving on DEA-led task forces, as well as two cartel operatives convicted in the investigation.
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-cartel-20110724,0,5504653.story?page=1&utm_medium=twitter&track=rss&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20latimes%2Fnew s%20%28L.A.%20Times%20-%20Top%20News%29&utm_source=twitterfeed

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 7-23-2011 at 07:47 PM

The only way that good progress is going to be made is when the mexican military receives NSA grade cellular telephone locator GPS units, salts a bunch of 7.62, 556 and 9 mm ammunition with gunpowder replaced with C-4.

The flow of arms has got to be stopped and the USA has got to build a whole load of prisons and start extraditing a whole bunch more cartel members under the RICO act.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-23-2011 at 07:53 PM

back in the late 80's i knew a guy with one arm missing at the elbow. he would recruit other guys i knew to fly to guadalajara, spend a week at the beach. they would take 2 windsurf boards with them. they would get to the hotel and never pay a cent for anything during their stay, and never see the boards until the day of their departure. surf all day and chase the hinas all night.....

can you imagine carrying a windsurf board under EACH arm with a guy missing half an arm on the back end of the boards? they were full of yesca. the military guys never looked twice at them. never knew if it was dumb luck or someone was looking out.....

when they arrived in TJ and took possession of the boards they would walk out onto the street and make a phone call. a guy would walk up and point out a cab that would take them (leaving the boards at the curb) to the border. all expense paid trip for a week plus $2k for the fun of it......

some guys have all the luck, no?

the stories are endless.......

[Edited on 7-24-2011 by woody with a view]

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
back in the late 80's i knew a guy with one arm missing at the elbow. he....... would take 2 windsurf boards

Woody, were they One Design or sinkers? :lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 04:22 PM

Read the article this morning. Interesting. Still wonder what with the huge financial windfall at stake, whether we're just looking at a work in progress, and there will be other alternate means of transport.

That said, on a mundane note, I was intersted to see the LA Times web page link posted in its entirety and hot. In the past, El Jefe Doug had mentioned that the LAT links contained markers that this software would not accommodate. Just wondering because I have refrained from linking LAT stories, or have copied the entire article in the recent past.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
back in the late 80's i knew a guy with one arm missing at the elbow. he....... would take 2 windsurf boards

Woody, were they One Design or sinkers? :lol:

they weighed 100#'s each. i think it was yesca!:light:

goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2011 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
That said, on a mundane note, I was intersted to see the LA Times web page link posted in its entirety and hot. In the past, El Jefe Doug had mentioned that the LAT links contained markers that this software would not accommodate. Just wondering because I have refrained from linking LAT stories, or have copied the entire article in the recent past.

The link wouldn't work at first and I even wrote the LAT and said it wouldn't copy and paste properly but they said it was working fine. So I clicked on the button above that has the blue dot and a link symbol then copied it into box then clicked ok. Then another box came up and I did it again and it worked. You have to do both boxes. Funny thing is the link was much longer than the one I copied. Actually I did the same thing earlier this week for the Bluefin Tuna article from the LAT.

tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2011 at 02:02 AM

Interesting. Says the cartel prefers to smuggle through the antiquated Calexico port of entry.

I have been sent to secondary two of the three times I crossed there.

Not fair. :mad:

They stop me and let the Sinaloa cartel through
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 01:25 PM
Lesson from Today's Times

Confucius say: "Man who trust fate to fortune-teller Dumbsh*t".
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 01:39 PM
the trafficker and the psychic/ 2nd of 4 articles

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM

MrBillM, I am in complete agreement with you.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/cartel/la-me-cartel-201107...

choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM

MrBillM, I am in complete agreement with you.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/cartel/la-me-cartel-201107...

x3:lol:

I dont have anger management issues, I have idiot management issues.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.