Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Immigration at Gurerro Negro
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-25-2011 at 09:03 PM
Immigration at Gurerro Negro

First let me say that I can never remember if the first r or second r in Gurrero is the double one but I hope that my buddy DK will chime in and set me straight.
I was asked for my immigration papers by a very polite immigration officer at the 28th parallel today at about 4:00pm....I wonder if he would have remained polite if I didn't have any.
This is the first time in 15 years that I have been asked for my papers.....fyi.....dt

btw: my spell check says both ways of spelling it are incorrect...I must have pressed one for English on my spell checker:lol::lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2011 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
First let me say that I can never remember if the first r or second r in Gurrero is the double one but I hope that my buddy DK will chime in and set me straight.
I was asked for my immigration papers by a very polite immigration officer at the 28th parallel today at about 4:00pm....I wonder if he would have remained polite if I didn't have any.
This is the first time in 15 years that I have been asked for my papers.....fyi.....dt

btw: my spell check says both ways of spelling it are incorrect...I must have pressed one for English on my spell checker:lol::lol:

You got the r's correct, but you forgot the e !! :light: GUERRERO (it means 'warrior')

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 07:34 PM

first time in 15 years .. wow ! that is a good record. we used to be asked all the time but for the last year, nada.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2011 at 09:47 PM

is it open all night
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 09:09 AM

While my trips into Baja Sur are not nearly as frequent as into Baja Norte, every time I cross at the Eagle Monument (near Guerrero Negro), I have been asked for my Tourist Card... since 2001. Before then (a few years before), they were checked at Maneadero, south of Ensenada... but it was a 'choice' to pull over there.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 09:54 AM

I don't understand how some people get checked every time passing thru GN. I haven't been asked for my tourist card at GN since maybe 1998.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 10:01 AM

Do you get the underside of your vehicle sprayed (and pay the 10-20 pesos)?

There is an alto there, just south of the monument, the migra guy walks up first to see the tourist cards, then the ag guy collects his fee, and you drive over the sprayers.

Coming north I have never been asked to show my tourist card, however... but others have.

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 8-27-2011 at 10:13 AM

Has anyone ever verified what the heck the "liquid" is that is sprayed on our cars undercarriage???? Actually seen the barrel or whatever it is poured from and read what it says?
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 8-28-2011 at 04:18 AM

h two oh?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-28-2011 at 06:37 AM

anyone know if the hiway cops are still setup at Las Canadas stopping cars? last two times past i zoomed through but they were talking to stopped cars both times....

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-28-2011 at 07:16 AM

The past 20 years; sometimes they check & sometimes they don't. Come to think of it, I do not remember being stopped for visa check before 1996?? I figure if I don't have paperwork I will be stopped for sure.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2011 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
anyone know if the hiway cops are still setup at Las Canadas stopping cars? last two times past i zoomed through but they were talking to stopped cars both times....

Need to be careful through that whole stretch.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2011 at 09:51 AM

I think the IMN officers go home about 4:30 because I've been checked if I stayed the previous night in El Rosario and hit it during the day but when I drive straight through to GN to spend the night the office is closed by the time I arrive.

In Memory of E-57
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 03:40 PM

I got asked last year at GN, but not this year. Still had to do the pay and spray both times though....

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 03:53 PM

Last October got asked for mine when we drove down to Cabo from Las Gaviotas. We also had to pay for the spray that the ag guy was doing. It smelled so it was not just water. LOL Take Care & Travel Safe--- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 8-29-2011 at 04:48 PM

never....not once...since a long long time ago...did the round trip 5 times in the jimena ano and not even a slowdown...in fact, got waved through the underside washdown a couple of times; guess they saw the truck a comin'...loaded down wit' goodies...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 05:18 PM

Isn't the spray at GN a "donation" and not a mandatory payment??
ddawson
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2011 at 07:31 PM

Went through (Southbound) mid Aug and we were not asked for papers. We did have to pay 20 pesos for the spray.
burnrope
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2011 at 12:12 PM

It's been mentioned before, but if you look at Google Maps in GN area, you'll see that it's pretty easy to bypass the checkpoint and bug spray. Not that I'd recommend it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2011 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by burnrope
It's been mentioned before, but if you look at Google Maps in GN area, you'll see that it's pretty easy to bypass the checkpoint and bug spray. Not that I'd recommend it.

It is a tax for using Hwy. 1, since there are other roads across the state border that don't require a spray or papers inspection... and there is NOTHING ILLEGAL about using the other roads. They cross near Mision Santa Gertrudis, near El Arco and near Guerrero Negro.

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.