Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Jorge Hank says he wants to be governor
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 11:24 AM
Jorge Hank says he wants to be governor

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/30/tijuana-ex-ma...

Written by Sandra Dibble
Oct. 30, 2011

TIJUANA — Former Tijuana mayor Jorge Hank Rhon set off a political bombshell Sunday acknowledging publicly for the first time that he intends to run for governor of Baja California in 2013.

The gambling magnate and owner of the Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles soccer team delivered the news to reporters during a game at his Caliente Stadium.

Hank also posted the announcement on his Facebook page. It reads as follows:

“Just a few moments ago, the press asked me: ‘Do you want to be governor?’ To which I replied, ‘I am a soldier of my party, and I will be in the trench to which I have been called. Nevertheless, to the specific question expressed by the press, I tell my Baja California friends: ‘I, Jorge Hank, wish to be governor.' ”

A member of Mexico’s Institutional Revolutionary Party, the PRI, Hank lost a gubernatorial bid in 2007 to Gov. Jose Guadalupe Osuna Millan, who belongs to a President Felipe Calderon’s National Action Party, the PAN. Mexico's political landscape is now much changed, with PRI member Enrique Pena Nieto considered the front-runner for Mexico’s presidential election in 2012.

Hank’s announcement comes nearly five months after his detention on by the Mexican military on suspicion of illegally harboring weapons inside his Tijuana mansion at the Agua Caliente compound. He was released ten days later when a federal judge ruled that prosecutors did not present sufficient evidence.

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 01:21 PM

What a country. A gun was found in his house that was used for TJ murders- and he will be elevated to governor. How fitting. At least you know what you will be getting with Hank. Maybe it takes a crook to manage this narco-run lawless state.

[Edited on 11-6-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 01:58 PM

Hank Rhon said that gun wasn't his. Anybody could have planted the gun.

The fact is Rhon wasn't convicted of anything when the Mexican military violated Rhon's Mexican Constitutionally rights and many Mexicans think it was a set up from the start and planned well in advanced. Of course many Mexicans think Rhon is corrupt, but what the Military tried to do doesn't sit well with many.

I have no problem if Mexican citizens want to vote for Rhon.

After all Americans voted for Bush not only once, but twice!

In today's polls Herman Cain is the leading candidate in the Republican primary! Cain is brought and paid for by the Koch brothers, and Cain wants to raise the taxes of 84 percent of all Americans with this 9 9 9 plan that favors the super wealthy.

It's amazing to me that Americans can take seriously dumb candidates like Cain, Bachmann, and Palin when she talks about running.

So I have no problem when Mexicans want to vote for Rhon after seeing the kind of bonehead candidates Americans vote for.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 04:08 PM

He has no chance at all.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 04:57 PM
Unless

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
He has no chance at all.

If one considers the notion that there may have been a planted weapon, and there have been a number of stories talking about the political motivations of Hank's home being invaded, it does give pause to the idea that Hank might be formidable enough to make his opposition engage in dirty tricks.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

Yup, anybody.........Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy....heck, even George Bush or Dick Cheney..................

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:

The fact is Rhon wasn't convicted of anything when the Mexican military violated Rhon's Mexican Constitutionally rights and many Mexicans think it was a set up from the start and planned well in advanced. Of course many Mexicans think Rhon is corrupt, but what the Military tried to do doesn't sit well with many.

In today's polls Herman Cain is the leading candidate in the Republican primary! Cain is brought and paid for by the Koch brothers, and Cain wants to raise the taxes of 84 percent of all Americans with this 9 9 9 plan that favors the super wealthy.

It's amazing to me that Americans can take seriously dumb candidates like Cain, Bachmann, and Palin when she talks about running.

So I have no problem when Mexicans want to vote for Rhon after seeing the kind of bonehead candidates Americans vote for.

I don't mind people for voting for him either. Just pointing out what he is. The "legal truth" did not convict Hank, but the "real truth" has. Just ask OJ how that works.

Wasn't Hank's name engraved on the gun?

[Edited on 11-7-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 08:08 PM

I think Hank should be elected. How often can one say that your governor can't visit the U.S.? Border state conferences could be real classy. They could talk to each other through the fence.

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 09:51 PM

Hank would be allowed to enter USA if elected Governor of Baja and Customs could not stop him. Hell we can't even stop the Iran idiot from coming into New York while plotting to do an assissination there,LOL. Take Care&Travel Safe------"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

I don't mind people for voting for him either. Just pointing out what he is. The "legal truth" did not convict Hank, but the "real truth" has. Just ask OJ how that works.

Wasn't Hank's name engraved on the gun?

Let me make a wild guess here. Woooosh you never were a police detective? I bet you weren't even a "poser" police detective, were you?

Hank's name on the gun means nothing.

But I just thought of the perfect crime. I go buy a gun on the black market, and then I would go get it engraved with the name Woooosh, because a simple Google search will lead the police to the man behind the Woooosh handle.

Well you get the picture how this can be played out in so many different ways, but I better not give anybody any ideas.:no:

Show me a politician that isn't dirty, or will become dirty once he gets into office? I'm talking both sides of the border.

Hank Rhon would have a very good chance to win the election if he decides to run, and that's probably why they went after him in the first place.

Hank Rhon brought a professional soccer team to Tijuana. What did the other politicians do? This is the way some Mexicans might think. You can't apply your American morals and think the typical Mexican is going to see things like you.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 12:53 PM

He is what he is, and everyone knows what he is. That's all. A hundred wrongs don't make one right- and being as bad as everyone else isn't really the endorsement a candidate needs to move Mexico forward through this crisis. Why do you have a problem with that? So you are saying the police planted the gun with Hank's name in his house? That is against your point. I thought your point was the search of Hank's house was illegally done so no evidence taken was admissible. You have gone a step further and said the gun was planted. The real truth says otherwise and people understand that.

With the things posted about you on OT, I'm surprised you still throw stones at others. Why does every post make you attack the person, and not just the content? But that what you shills do...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Hank's name on the gun means nothing.

That's right. Yep.....right. Hopalong Cassidy had his name on a million guns and he was my hero. Still is....maybe.
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
Hank would be allowed to enter USA if elected Governor of Baja and Customs could not stop him.

Definitely NOT true. The mayor of Ensenada had his visa yanked for extorting SEMPRA.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/15/ensenada-mayo...

The State Dept. does not grant visas based upon who the Mexicans vote for. And Hank was the mayor of Tijuana.

[Edited on 11-7-2011 by Mengano]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 02:38 PM
Hahahaha

You call that a gun????

Didn't think Hank would have a "Pimp" break action revolver.....figured he would be more of the .45 Auto type :lol:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-8-2011 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
He is what he is, and everyone knows what he is. That's all. A hundred wrongs don't make one right- and being as bad as everyone else isn't really the endorsement a candidate needs to move Mexico forward through this crisis. Why do you have a problem with that? So you are saying the police planted the gun with Hank's name in his house? That is against your point. I thought your point was the search of Hank's house was illegally done so no evidence taken was admissible. You have gone a step further and said the gun was planted. The real truth says otherwise and people understand that.

With the things posted about you on OT, I'm surprised you still throw stones at others. Why does every post make you attack the person, and not just the content? But that what you shills do...

I'm saying the Mexican military violated Hank Rhon's Constitutionally rights, and these type of things happen all the time before elections. Remember what the PAN party tried to do to AMLO when he was running for the Mexican Presidency?

The masses in Mexico city didn't stand for it, and the Pan party backed down, and allowed AMLO to run despite that bogus criminal charge the PAN party was trying to throw around AMLO's neck.

I'm also saying there is no proof that engraved gun belonged to Rhon, and Rhon had it engraved with his name on it, and then allowed it to be used in a killing. Any police detective worth his salt would be very suspicious how easily this lead back to Rhon. Anybody could have planted the gun. Anybody could have a gun engaged with any name they want, and anybody could have planted that gun.

Hank Rhon wasn't convicted of any crime, and here you are Wooosh pointing fingers at Mexicans for even thinking about voting and supporting Hank Rhon.

If you feel JoeJustJoe is attacking you. You need to re-read some of your posts where you constantly attack Mexico, Mexicans, and Mexican culture.

It's true some voters are pretty stupid in Mexico, but they're also pretty stupid in the USA where they support bonehead candidates all the time. If John Gotti was running for Mayor or NYC before he finally was convicted. John Gotti would have been in the running.

What do you mean with things posted about JoeJustJoe in the "OT" area? It just goes to show you Woooosh that you believe things you want to believe, and not what's true.

90 percent of the things said about me in the "OT" area is bogus, but I don't expect cult followers to believe that.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2011 at 02:49 PM

If you look closely at the engraving close-up, you can see rust/corrosion/surface pitting inside of the engraved letters......the engraving wasn't done recently.......unless of course, someone had it engraved several years ago and was waiting to "plant' the revolver in his house.........yup, my bet is the Easter Bunny and Hank is the victim of a mass conspiracy.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.