Printable Version  
Author: Subject: And I thought my Spanish would help me in the USA
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 10:52 AM
And I thought my Spanish would help me in the USA

I found this to be an interesting read.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/A-M-sociolog...
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:09 AM

Very interesting read, On the same subject I met a Canadian that is a registered Nurse in Canada that said he works in a Detention center in Canada where they house a lot of Chinese Illegals I have heard Canada has become a jumping off place for Chinese Illegals Intent on coming to the U.S.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:28 AM

I used to see, twenty at a time, Chinese, walking single file down the Bufadora Road toward Maneadero right by your house, John..........Pork Fried Rice recipes sticking out of every pocket.
Ensenada used to be a major drop-off for them. Maybe still is, but they don't tend to wander down the road at high noon anymore.
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I used to see, twenty at a time, Chinese, walking single file down the Bufadora Road toward Maneadero right by your house, John..........Pork Fried Rice recipes sticking out of every pocket.
Ensenada used to be a major drop-off for them. Maybe still is, but they don't tend to wander down the road at high noon anymore.

Never know what you will see here thats what makes life interesting. When in Monterey Mx. I met this German fellow that was born in Mx. his Parents left the U.S at the begining of WW2 to keep from being locked up.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:43 AM

From the article:
" Other things are holding people in Mexico. They have a lower unemployment rate than we do."

How would he know this? Mexico has no way of knowing how many are unemployed in country, and how many of their unemployed are crossing the border, taking themselves out of the rolls of Mexico's unemployed? [as if they had "rolls" to deal with]

Should the shoe shiners and Chicle salesmen realistically be considered employed? Are the beggers employed?
Does Mexico have an unemployment department that supplies figures to establish the unemployment numbers?
No No No No No No No No and No. It's all just another government lie to encourage foreign investment.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
His Parents left the U.S at the begining of WW2 to keep from being locked up.

Not to mention that Mexico was leaning toward the Axis Powers, against the US, until they pulled their head out to get some air.

America....the country that everybody loves to hate.

[Edited on 11-20-2011 by DENNIS]
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2011 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
His Parents left the U.S at the begining of WW2 to keep from being locked up.

Not to mention that Mexico was leaning toward the Axis Powers, against the US, until they pulled their head out to get some air.

America....the country that everybody loves to hate.

Standing on the outside looking inn some of them may have a valid point. Personaly it doesnt look as Shiney as it once did from my view.

[Edited on 11-20-2011 by DENNIS]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.