Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Frontier vs. Tacoma
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 05:41 PM

Yeah but will you take your Dodge to the same places you can take your Frontier? I have an 04 GMC Z71 with a 2 inch leveling kit and a 04 Tacoma with a 3 inch lift. I would not take the Z71 to some of the places my Tacoma can go. I like them both but for different reasons. You have an Xterra also don't you? That would be a great vehicle for going into bad off road areas. Better than a Tacoma in my opinion.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 06:08 PM

David K will have something's say about this. Personally, I like my Tundra.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 06:27 PM

My dynamite 2007 Nissan X-Terra "off road" model, with bilstein shocks, 2.5 inch leveling kit in front, and Calmari "5-leaf" leaf-pacs in the back, rear electric lockers, 265 x 16 BFG All Terrain AT KO's, and automatic tranny takes me everywhere I want to go in comfort and quiet excellence.

It is essentially the same as the Frontier pickup.

What's not to love??? :yes::yes::yes::bounce:

Barry
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
My dynamite 2007 Nissan X-Terra "off road" model, with bilstein shocks, 2.5 inch leveling kit in front, and Calmari "5-leaf" leaf-pacs in the back, rear electric lockers, 265 x 16 BFG All Terrain AT KO's, and automatic tranny takes me everywhere I want to go in comfort and quiet excellence.

It is essentially the same as the Frontier pickup.

What's not to love??? :yes::yes::yes::bounce:

Barry

Yep. And the Xterra looks so bad ass compared to the Frontier. Never liked the Frontier styling.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo
David K will have something's say about this. Personally, I like my Tundra.

Me? Naw, the Toyota sells itself!!:lol::cool:

This grade is east of Mision Santa Maria, and is steeper than the 'widowmaker'. Photos of HB Murphy and I climbing it with our Tacomas.

[Edited on 12-29-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Yeah but will you take your Dodge to the same places you can take your Frontier? I have an 04 GMC Z71 with a 2 inch leveling kit and a 04 Tacoma with a 3 inch lift. I would not take the Z71 to some of the places my Tacoma can go. I like them both but for different reasons. You have an Xterra also don't you? That would be a great vehicle for going into bad off road areas. Better than a Tacoma in my opinion.

I don't have a Dodge, though I would like to. I got the Ford because cab size was paramount at the time.

That said, a close friend (two, actually) drive Dodge diesels. I can guarantee you that those trucks have been everywhere and anywhere any Frontier or Toyota have been or will be. Add to that that the Dodge will do things that no Toyota, Nissan, or any small truck could ever do.

It's all in the wrist. :lol::lol:

And, what you need, of course.

[Edited on 12-29-2011 by Roberto]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 07:53 PM
Is there $$$ behind that "Guarantee"???

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
I can guarantee you that those trucks have been everywhere and anywhere any Frontier or Toyota have been or will be. Add to that that the Dodge will do things that no Toyota, Nissan, or any small truck could ever do.

[Edited on 12-29-2011 by Roberto]

I know of a full-size pickup driver who wished he didn't follow a group of Jeeps down a Baja trail. It can get UGLY real fast along the BAJA trails that I run.

2006 Baja Pole Line Road - Cañon Enmedio

The return trip up Cañon Enmedio - 4WD only!

A Full-size pickup simply won't fit!

With a 6" Lift and 35" BFG-MT Tires, vertical clearance wasn't the problem.

In case he got stuck trying to get in between the rocks, a winch cable might pull him through.:?::lol:

SCRAPE!!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 08:03 PM

Yeah. Width seems to be my problem from time to time in my Toyota Tundra. Oh well. Need the cargo space.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 08:05 PM

Lesson Learned!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKw2hX6xShc
Just found this video.Don't really care either way.My Frontier isn't half the truck my Dodge is.

i like my toyota sienna minivan, preferable to driving my 4runner.
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 09:08 PM

My perfect off-road vehicle:
1997 F-150, slush-o-matic trans with push button 4wd selector.
160,000 miles, cab-high shell, no lift, and the cheapest tires CostCo sells.

Why is it the best?

Because it's paid for, and there's no freaking way I can afford anything else, and, within reason, it'll get me there and, probably, back.

Planning a 5000+ mile baja road trip for February. Looking forward to it!!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 09:57 PM

I absolutely love my 2010 Nissan Frontier!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2012 at 11:42 AM

Sometimnes it's the driver too. I was in the Panamint Mtns this weekend and did the Pleasant Valley loop out of Ballarat into South Park to the bridge. The bridge was closed to all but MCs and ATVs so we returned to Ballarat and went in from the west side to the bridge. On the way out I followed a full size crew cab chevy 4x4 and Tundra. They let us pass since they were crawling along but we waited at the entrance area until we could see them coming down the mtn close. When we passed them we stopped and talked a while. They were in there to hunt and had done it before. They didn't have any damage I could see on the trucks so they had to be really good drivers.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 1-2-2012 at 04:59 PM
This comment does not belong in an "Off-Road" forum!

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

i like my toyota sienna minivan, preferable to driving my 4runner.

Honey,
Can I take the Minivan out to play? :lol:

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 1-2-2012 at 07:24 PM

I grew up in Wyoming with a 2WD F150 300ci straight six 4onthefloor longbed pickemup from the '60's.....I took that truck everywhere the Jeeps, Dodges, Chevy's and whatever....of the day...... could go.....

There where no Toyotas or Datsuns to be found out in that country...except for the occasionally broke down FJ...

The only real challenge I remember was the day I had to scrape the frame over a ledge to get over and down a steep ledge.....we teetered on the edge for a moment........and my passenger put his head through the headliner.....there were seat belts somewhere....

I would have to agree that modern vehicles and suspensions are outrageously improved..........but the neuron behind the wheel still controls how much trouble is encountered.....

[Edited on 1-3-2012 by Sweetwater]

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2012 at 07:40 PM

Old FJ-40's do NOT break down-------they are temporary injured by insane drivers occasionally, but the DON'T break down!!!!

:spingrin:

barry
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-3-2012 at 06:34 AM

Really great stuff, thanks much... sure looks like fun to me...

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2012 at 11:50 PM

Quote:
I hate the phony Nissan commercials.Hill climbing and landing the jet.Really stupid!!!
thats why you dont see that many nissans in BAJA..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Old FJ-40's do NOT break down-------they are temporary injured by insane drivers occasionally, but the DON'T break down!!!!

:spingrin:

barry

I drove behind one at the bank ATM this afternoon. It was a pristine FJ-40 in mint condition. Not hacked up, cut up, or modified. Fully restored.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 10:25 AM

Quote:

I hate the phony Nissan commercials.Hill climbing and landing the jet.Really stupid!!!

The commercials are so outrageous that I think they are fun, make me laugh, and definitely get your attention (which after all is the main thrust of any advertisement).

Go Nissan!!! :spingrin:

(to each his own)

Barry
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.