Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: San Quintin: Another dead gringo
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 08:43 PM
San Quintin: Another dead gringo

San Quintín, B.C. - Dos hombres, entre ellos un estadounidense de 90 años, fueron hallados muertos en el interior de sus viviendas; el extranjero fue encontrado amarrado de pies y manos, y con una herida en el abdomen hecha con un arma punzocortante.

En este caso específico, y según fuentes de la Policía Municipal, el reporte del hecho se recibió a las 8:00 horas de ayer sábado, efectuado por Martín Cervantes Fonseca, vecino del área.

Esta persona, de acuerdo con él mismo, es padre de un adolescente de 14 años, quien trabaja eventualmente con el hoy occiso, y quien descubrió el cadáver. Esto ocurrió cuando el joven se presentó al lugar con ánimos de laborar.

El anciano originario de Hawai, Estados Unidos, vivía solo en una vivienda ubicada en la orilla poniente del ejido Juan María Salvatierra, mejor conocido como Granjas Salvatierra, en los linderos con el muelle.

De acuerdo con datos proporcionados por vecinos del área, quien llevara el nombre de Wallace James Medeiros, tenía alrededor de 10 años residiendo en el lugar.

Fuentes ministeriales refirieron que el interior del domicilio estaba totalmente revuelto, por lo que cupo la sospecha, no confirmada, de que el o los presuntos autores del crimen buscaban algo en especial.

Tras calificar el hecho como “un crimen atípico”, el perito local pidió apoyo al Área de Criminalística de Ensenada para recabar la mayor cantidad posible de huellas dactilares que permitan dar con el o los responsables de la muerte del anciano.

El material empleado para amarrar las manos y los pies del estadounidense fue un tramo de cable eléctrico de color blanco. Este hecho habría ocurrido durante la noche del pasado jueves o madrugada del viernes.

La herida del abdomen midió 10 centímetros. Esta abertura provocó la salida de las vísceras.

http://www.elvigia.net/noticia/hallan-dos-cad-veres-0

San Quintín, B.C. - Two men, among them a 90-year old American, were found dead inside their homes. The foreigner was found tied hands and feet, and with a knife wound to the abdomen.

In this specific case, and according to municipal police sources, the report of the event was received at 8AM Saturday, and was made by Martín Cervantes Fonseca, a neighbor.

Fonseca is the father of a 14-year old adolescent who works part time for the deceased, and who discovered the body. The happened when the youth came to the house to work.

The elderly man, originally from Hawaii, lived alone in a home located at the Western edge of ejido Juan María Salvatierra, also known as Granjas Salvatierra, in the area of the jetty.

According to the data provided by neighbors, Wallace James Medeiros lived in the home about 10 years.

Ministerial sources said that the interior of the home was totally torn apart, for which they suspect, but have not confirmed, that the criminals were looking for something special.

After describing the event as "an atypical crime, " the local investigator asked for help from the Ensenada crime lab to collect the largest possible number of fingerprints to help identify those responsible for the death of the old man.

The material used to tie up the hands and feet of the American was a strip of white electrical cable. The crime occurred during the night of last Thursday or early morning hours of Friday.

The wound to the abdomen measured 10 centimeters. This opening caused the viscera to fall out.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 09:01 PM
Yeah, BUT .............

Gringos in Watts, Barrio Logan or [insert EUA locale] aren't safe either.

As Somebody ALWAYS says on the subject.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 09:08 PM

If you don't want to go to Baja then don't go. That's what I say.

Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo

What if you want to go to Baja because somebody here who operates a tourist business there told you it was safe to go to Baja?

What would you say then?
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:09 PM

Maybe you should focus your energy on something you CAN change!!!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:19 PM
San Quintin

that are has been, a few,problem's for about ,,oh.I'll guess,,10 year's or so,,,and it's from non local's,,arriving from the mainland to work the recently ag/farm's,,That's ,What I have ben hearing,,and a couple of Isolated beach camp's were gringo's were robbed,a coulpe years ago,,,BUT,,calita linda (crab dinner),has,, ,,been good and on the north side is/was THE OLD MILL,,is that ,back up and running ?,,,,,I'll take my chance's in baja,,,better than,,.LA,,oakland,salinais,stockton,,,OH,sh-t,,this list can go on,and on.and on,and on...Keith & Lil tasha :cool:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mengano
Quote:
Originally posted by ateo

What if you want to go to Baja because somebody here who operates a tourist business there told you it was safe to go to Baja?

What would you say then?

I feel safer camping in Baja than in the USA.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:23 PM
DAVID,look up 1..oops 2 up

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by captkw]
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I feel safer camping in Baja than in the USA.

As if how you feel somehow correlates with reality.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:30 PM
well seasoned

as a, very well, seasoned travel,guy, I find, baja,very safe and I have been a lot of mile's (klick's) and a hell of a lot of time all over baja,and I will stand tall, with this conviction !!! K&T...
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:31 PM

Mengano, how long have you worked for the Las Vegas Visitors Bureau?:lol:

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by Islandbuilder]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:32 PM
Island biulder

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: THE beer is on me,,that was good !!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Was talking about me... and since I have been camping in Baja starting 45 some years ago without being a victim, perhaps that has more say? If Baja was dangerous, then I wouldn't have such good luck. The truth is crime can happen anywhere and Baja is way low of the dangerous places to camp, IMO. If you camp in a dangerous area, expect danger... Baja has many places to camp that will never be dangerous, so labeling the entire peninsula as dangerous is absurd.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
If Baja was dangerous, then I wouldn't have such good luck.

Is that what passes for logic with you? Let me show you how to use an actual event to reverse the conclusion.

"If Baja was safe, then I wouldn't have had my head bashed in, my jaw broken and my wife would not have been knocked unconscious and had her throat cut, while both of us were left for dead. Nothing like that ever happened to us in the US."
Ron Hoff

Which statement has a better ring of truth? By the way, is San Quintin on your list of safe places to camp in Baja?

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by Mengano]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 11:13 PM

Ron wasn't CAMPING. I was talking about MY experiences of 45 years camping in Baja... and where I camp it hasn't ever been dangerous. The same is true for maybe 95% of all other Nomad campers.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2012 at 11:31 PM
DAVID K

HOLA,amigo,,dont know if you saw my post's,, up top,on this thread,,but,,no matter,,I have been ,,my whole life,,fighting, this,stupid,false,BS,,that baja is dangeress,,place and the us is safe,free,and no corruption and you are right,,and so am I,, that said,,,,I look forward to your, well writen post's and pic's,,let's ,,let, the fool's,sleep where they may,,The,tide ,will get high and they will,be woken with,,wet garmet's....K&T....:cool:

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by captkw]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 04:21 AM

Tantrums such as this are better handled if you just ignore them. They tend to go away when they realize no one is listening to them.

Let’s run a test and not acknowledge this one.
Don’t respond when he/she posts.
If he/she responds to a posting – don’t acknowledge.

He/she will accuse us of many weak attributions but then we will see the strength of his/her self indulgence.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 07:54 AM
But things HAVE changed

Quote:
Ron wasn't CAMPING. I was talking about MY experiences of 45 years camping in Baja... and where I camp it hasn't ever been dangerous. The same is true for maybe 95% of all other Nomad campers.

Up until the War on Drugs spread to Mexico (2006 or so) we had no problem with camping by ourselves on a baja beach. We wouldn't do that now. In fact, we look for other campers to stay close to. If none are around, we move on before dark.

Safety in numbers.

And I noticed on our recent trip that most of the gringo communities along Bahia Concepcion now have 24/7 security guards and/or locked gates. The ones that don't are getting ripped off.

IMHO there is more crime on person and property in baja.

Sad but true.

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 08:49 AM
Another dead gringo

Dead body found on beach in oecanside. Probably floated in from mexico.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/oceanside/oceanside-dead-b...

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 08:57 AM

Haha. Funny response to Mengano. As someone who lives in Oceanside, I better think about moving. What's next - bodies hanging from overpasses? Jk.

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.