Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gonzaga Bay in August
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 3-12-2012 at 09:36 PM
Gonzaga Bay in August

So...my son wants to do a guy trip for my 60th...I want to go back to Gonzaga
How crazy is thought of going down there in mid August?
Is the fishing good enough? How bad will the heat be..Papa Fernandez graph shows 90 last year???
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-12-2012 at 09:37 PM

90 degrees isn't bad when you are on the water. Be sure to have plenty of shade and water, and you will feel great!

Returning north, be sure to avoid crossing in Mexicali - you might overheat climbing Hwy 2 (La Rumorosa). If you leave the region via San Matias Pass to Ensenada, you (and your automobile/SUV) should be fine.

[Edited on 3-13-2012 by Ken Cooke]

dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2012 at 04:59 AM

thanks Ken...we usually go back up the 5, then cut East to the San Luis crossing..thru Yuma and home...
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2012 at 07:39 AM

It's not just the heat; it's the humidity coupled with that. One August I went down to service our batteries at Pta Bufeo. Arrived early in the morning...around dawn...did my chores and finished around 1000h. No breeze and humidity hovering in the high 80s chased me back north.

I was back home in Prescott less than 24h from my departure.

Your trip is certainly doable. Many folks are there year round but I think they are acclimated. I grew up in south Georgia and was used to humidity until I left in my early twenties. Once away, I don't do that humidity stuff very well.

Allen R

P.S. Ken, I don't understand your caveat about going through Mexicali. Doesn't the OP live in AZ?

[Edited on 3-13-2012 by bufeo]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2012 at 11:12 AM

bag it. Its your birthday, choose october to celebrate. has your son been there in august?
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2012 at 03:13 PM

Bufeo...yeah i can handle heat too...but ours is at 12% not 60%

Willardguy...my thoughts exactly...been there in late Mar/early April NICE
June WINDY October last year good temps and mix of wind and calm
and the October date might let him stack some extra vacation days

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.