Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: polaris rzr
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 06:27 AM
polaris rzr

Any one out there have one? Thoughts, reviews. opinions would appreciated....
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 06:41 AM

I have one that is a 2008 and it is the most fun you can have in the desert with your clothes on. I also have a Honda Rancher ES but it is nowhere near as much fun. There is a least a half dozen of these machines at Punta Chivato and everyone that has one really likes them. I think they are better at riding than the usual ATV side by sides. They do go in the back of a pickup so you can transport them to your riding desination.
For some real indepth information you can find a lot of info at:

http://www.rzrforums.net/forums.php

Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 07:16 AM

Thanks Pescador. I have an eye on the RZR 4 seater. But that ain't gonna fit in my pick up!
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 04:31 PM

I have a Rzr4 and I've put about 4500 miles on it in Baja. They are very capable machines. The suspension is much better than a Rhino. The new one has even better suspension and more power.

Not real sure about long term quality though.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 05:18 PM

I know I'm getting old now. I got my new Ranger and I'm pretty happy on the back roads at 30 to 35 mph during the break in period. I've driven both the 800 RZR and the fully equipped 900 RZR. With their potential for speed they both scare me. But what a BLAST!:O

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 05:49 PM

Cardon Man I just got a 2012 900 RzR. Love Love it. I had a Ranger and miss the storage about it. But I will work that out. Love the speed and the suspension Can't bet it. Russ's new machine is great but if you want some fast fun and have the $$$$ go RZR. :bounce::bounce::spingrin::spingrin:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 07:22 PM

I like mine. I had a dirt injestation problem when it was new, the first year (2007 I think) had an airbox issue. The dealer in Durango CO did a top end job on it under warranty but I had to tow it from Buena Vista BCS to Colorado and back. I installed an aftermarket air box system and haven't had any problems since. It will go faster than you have any business going in a vehicle that small especially since mine is the original narrow track and stock suspension. It is smaller and will fit in tough places better than the other side by sides, that was a big factor in chosing for me. It gets lousy gas mileage, about 13 mpg depending on conditions. My wife won't let me drive it fast when she is in it so if I'm in a hurry I let her drive, she doesn't have any issues with driving it fast herself. I wouldn't trade it for anything else......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 07:28 PM

This is probably more than you need but it's for sale cheap..130hp turbo weber (factory hp/turbo). 1100mi since new...has all the best stuff added.. 85+mph
edm1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 05:18 AM

Before plunking more than $$$10k on a Rzr / Ranger ....

I wanted to get a Polaris Ranger XP, but after pricing them even used I couldn't justify the cost. So I got creative. For a small fraction of that price, I built a true 4x4 on-offrad ATV out of a Suzuki, and it can be driven in the streets and freeways. It can go where a Rzr can go. Yes it weighs twice a Rzr so it wont be driven as fast in the dunes but that's good, it'll keep me out of danger.

Now I just have to find skinny paddle tires that mount on 16 or 15 inch tires.

Offroad, streetable, freeway capable to over 70mph, side by side, 86-inch wheelbase ATV! It's less than 12 feet long and less than 2500 lbs.

Complete with factory built-in rollbars, T-tops, A/C (yes), body on ladder frame, true transfer case with shifter, 4-speed auto with overdrive and locking torque converter!!! Love 'em 30-inch on 16-in wheel tires. Yes over 10 inch of ground clearance.

[Edited on 4-20-2012 by edm1]

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 07:18 AM

Very nice job! I'll bet there would be a market for your little Suzuki but at what price?

jwylie

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 08:08 AM

We have the original 2 seater and the Robby Gordon 4 seater and love them both. The suspension on the our newer one is much improved, as is the dust intake problem. 3400 Baja miles on the older one and 1200 on the 4 seater.
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 01:19 PM

Great info all. Thanks!
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
This is probably more than you need but it's for sale cheap..130hp turbo weber (factory hp/turbo). 1100mi since new...has all the best stuff added.. 85+mph

Nice one. Is it in Mexico?
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 02:53 PM

No, it's in So. Cal. I thought about keeping it for Mulege but a 20hp golf cart makes more sense.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 08:05 PM

Lots of SxS here now. I seldom see any going by on the beach so far those that have are behaving them self around the homes.
Here's Famoso's new RZR 800 and my new Ranger in back.

My old & new

new

Here's Meany's New RZR 900 ~ Notice one of the first things he's added are rod holders.
Edit: having troubles with the photo...
I'm about to test drive Meany's machine. What a RUSH !

[Edited on 4-23-2012 by Russ]

bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 6-10-2012 at 07:42 PM

Russ, did you buy the XP or HD? And/or did you buy the power steering? I am considering a new Ranger and still trying to decide if these options are necessary. JH
edm1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2012 at 05:18 AM

Russ that sure looks a mean machine. The articulation must be great at high speeds. How fast can you drive that beast on the dunes without it bailing you out? You gotta have a 5-point harness to keep you on the seat if you drive fast to the popint of having a rush.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.