Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: visit to Baja Asuncion
Rob&Fran

smile.gif posted on 5-8-2012 at 10:43 AM
visit to Baja Asuncion

First time side trip visit to Babia Asuncion... What an awesome place!...brightly colored buildings, everybody smiling and waving . This is small fishing village is obviously enjoying prosperity.
We stayed at the Bahia Asuncion B&B owned by Jean and Ed. The accomodations are absolutely the best that we have stayed in anywhere on the Baja.......two units, well appointed and tastefully decorated, a great value! www.bahiaasuncionbb.com Whether you like fishing, surfing, kiting, laidback authentic small town environment. This is a place ya really ought to try.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 10:51 AM

It was nice to meet you guys out at san roque...glad you liked our little village...and welcome to baja nomads...good to see some new blood around here!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Rob&Fran

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 10:59 AM

Thanks a bunch Sheri !
You guys have really got an awesome life style going on there.:biggrin:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 12:59 PM

Pictures - photos pls??? The entire coastline is beautiful. Did you get a chance to explore? Did you do any fishing? Surfing? Pictures of the accommodations pls. From what I have seen they are absolutely beautiful.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 03:07 PM

Welcome to nomads. We are glad you had a great time in Bahia Asunción and yes, this has been a VERY good year for the lobster fishermen and we hope the abalone fishermen will do as well.

If you do have some pictures from your trip, they are always nice to see. Ed and Jean do have a beautiful place and I hope you don't mind, but for reference, I am making the link to their website a clickable link --- just easier than cut and paste.

Bahia Asunción B & B

Hope you will return for another visit.

acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 04:50 PM

Great place, great people!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
BajaDixon
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 04:58 PM

What are the average daily temperatures there on the coast in June and July?

Can you travel north along the water up to the area around Scammons Lagoon?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDixon
What are the average daily temperatures there on the coast in June and July?

Can you travel north along the water up to the area around Scammons Lagoon?

Hi Bob, this is Rose's sister. The climate in Bahia Asunción is quite similar to where you are in Baja only less fog. And it is usually warmer in town. It changes everyday, but it is not as hot as further south.

Answer to your second question, I don't think so. There is a back road from the Tortugas Road to the lagoon, but it is restricted by the salt company.

For your Razor's, there are lots of roads in the desert areas which, of course are hotter. However, the best road along the coast is the 60+ dirt road from BA to Abreojos --- check our web site and it gives some information about that road.

Also, rts555 can give you great first hand information about dirt roads in the Abreojos area. And there are also good places to stay in La Bocana and in Abreojos.

We had hoped you all would make it out to our place on your trip. Also, August is a good time as we have the fiesta around the 15th. I have been trying to get my sister down there for the fiesta!

Diana

I forgot --- there is also the back way from BA to Tortugas that is mostly dirt and places where you can go out to the coast.

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by DianaT]

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:03 PM

But, I digress, Dianna?! Have Dianna andShari made Peace?! Hope so. BA has lots of space and good people. B&Bs to the max, not. Shari and Ed and Jean are wonderful & and great connections! Fishing? I'm going with Surfdoc or Juan. I 'll Party with Bud at the beach. Don't have to drive home! Sweet. Tio
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:04 PM

And from Tortugas you can continue on to Malarrimo with an ATV/UTV.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:05 PM

Shari and Juan make Bahia Asuncion a pleasure to visit, even if you are not into fishing! Thanks to Shari for letting us all know about her little village, just a few years ago, here on Baja Nomad!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Shari and Juan make Bahia Asuncion a pleasure to visit, even if you are not into fishing! Thanks to Shari for letting us all know about her little village, just a few years ago, here on Baja Nomad!

No thanks to the subject of this thread?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:11 PM

Thanks Ed and Jean.....and thanks Juan and Shari for providing accommodations to the Asuncion visitors.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:19 PM

why the jab Tio? there is always space for everyone here/there/where? just look at me and DK, two fat guys in a room.....

:light:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
why the jab Tio? there is always space for everyone here/there/where? just look at me and DK, two fat guys in a room.....

:light:

Why people feel the need to jump in and try to mess up a thread that was started to compliment people about their business is beyond me---

These people obviously loved this place, some people really enjoy the hotel in town and some people like the places provided by shari---and has anyone ever jumped in this way. No. What a way to welcome newcomers. Agree with them about the quality of the B&B where they stayed or disagree based on personal experience with the B&B and the owners!

And Tio---you are so uninformed, and so out of line. You do not have a clue. :(

Now, does someone have something say about the topic, the Bahia Asuncion B & B based on personal experience or perhaps more of an answer to BajaDixon's question?

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by DianaT]

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 06:40 PM

No offense intended. But the subleties in a small village.... It's all good and I'm looking forward to bunking with David E up in Alaska?! I'll Hang in the Campground. Hawaii, not! Best wishes to my Tocayo, Tomas! and , of course to the Guy at the Pemex? Tio ps, abulone,tacos?! See Ya, Tomas
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 07:06 PM

tio...davidE has moved over to "Hawaii"...fewer stairs......gypsies are here enjoying the amazing view from "Alaska"....the locals have been asking if you will be back again.

June, July air temps are great...high 70's to mid 80's usually...perfect for shore fishing, kayaking, exploring, biking etc.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bicho

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 07:27 PM

Well...well Diana T Is the nasty bug coming back? Last few references to David K and now working up to yet another overkill concerning Ed and Jean who are truly nice people...and who probably don't need your help to promote their business in Bahia Asuncion and most likely will do better without it.

How long before you are into another full fledged attack on Shari and her family?

Nobody wants it...nobody needs it... Keep your information clear, honest and respectful...remember what your mother told you..."if you can't say something nice...don't say anything!"

We are all adults capable of forming our own opinions based on what we experience.

So whatever it is that is going on...please make an adjustment and return to the respectful personna you presented for so many months...it was appreciated.

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by Bicho]

[Edited on 5-9-2012 by Bicho]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bicho
Well...well Diana T Is the nasty bug coming back? ast few references to David K and now working up to yet another overkill concerning Ed and Jean who are truly nice people...and who probably don't need your help to promot their business in Bahia Asuncion and most likely will do better without it.

How long before you are into another full fledged attack on Shari and her family?

Nobody wants it...nobody needs it... Keep your information clear, honest and respectful...remember what your mother told you..."if you can't say something nice...don't say anything!"

We are all adults capable of forming our own opinions based on what we experience.

So whatever it is that is going on...please make an adjustment and return to the respectful personna you presented for so many months...it was appreciated.

Read her posts bioch. They are thread related. Its people like you who have nothing good or related to contribute to the subject. Sorry Rob and Fran. I appreciate your nice review of Asuncion. Enough said.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-8-2012 at 07:38 PM

WOW! sorry to drag you all's into the morass. with Junior killing himself, and we just coming back from a 6 day trip i guess i didn't have my armor on!

who cares where the line is drawn in the sand? there is plenty of beach so WTF?

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.