BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: No reports on marlin or tuna????
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 03:52 PM
No reports on marlin or tuna????

Is anyone getting hooked up by marlin or tuna. The board has been quiet about these fish????:?::?::?:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 04:01 PM
fish

Im in monetery ca. and chasing chinook (king) but when I lived on a boat in aculpuco we trolled tunas for the marlin!! black and blue's and BIG !!
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 04:07 PM
Check your U2U

Hmmmmm.

djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Burbs
Junior Nomad

Mood: Full Mood

[*] posted on 6-23-2012 at 07:24 AM

The past week several fishermen fishing out of Mulege caught Marlin and Sail's. I did see pictures on their camera's. Reported they were aggressive feeders. Yesterday, Big Mike wrote my son that he caught one sail and two dorado straight out of Mulege.
The bay has some roosters feeding, but not like it was a month ago. Lot's of sardine fry hatching out. A bizillion in front of the restaurant yesterday. Sea looks healthy!
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2012 at 09:05 AM

The replies so far are from the north. What about the Los Barriles area?

I'm assuming this may be the yearly pattern of fish migrating by the southern part of the peninsula going north in the spring and then passing by again in the fall? The fishing Nomad's opinions?:?::?:
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 07:55 AM

Here are a few pics from a few of last weeks "fishing" trips..... Fish are biting one day and not the next..typical fishing for me..lol

so far only 3 dorado, 1 small marlin, 5 sailfish and quite a few skipjacks. The water is looking good for this next week. I will post up pics each day we fish.

Good morning Mulege!!!

[Edited on 6-24-2012 by bigmike58]
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 08:18 AM

Great pics Mike

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 01:50 PM

WOW...great pic, thanks for sharing it helps keep the edge off. More, more, more:tumble::spingrin::yes::wow:
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 05:48 PM

some of the local scenery while fishing last week..

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 06:03 PM

that last one is the worst!:P

Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2012 at 08:07 PM

Very nice, tacos and cold beer, a terrific sunset and good fishing fantastic
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 06:29 PM

Took the family fishing today. After the usual trip to Pemex for drinks, junk food and ice we finaly hit the water at 8am..a very late start. Since we are fishing a tournament tomorrow we decided to try our luck to the north and head up towards Santa Inez island, we started trolling shortly after the lighthouse since the "Local" gossip has dorado's in Mulege bay. We didnt find them untill we were outside the line between the points. Well outside the bay.

Had seven of these illegally fishing here last week, they all left about 4 days ago. This one was returning this morning.

Jake was ready to rip some lips...

He didnt last long, the swells rocked him to sleep....

ZZZZZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG.....

My wife fought her first dorado for about 5 min, She got it to the boat 4 times before the 80lb leader snapped and the fish got away....But we did get it's picture!! I would guess it at 20-25 lbs... It would have been our biggest... oh well, theres always manana

That is the second brand new lure/leader that snapped this week. The rod has 40lb mono, it should have broken well before the 80lb leader. I'm going to have a little talk with the tackle shop in Hemet when we return home. We managed a good sized skipjack on our troll back to the ramp. let's hope for more fish in tomorrows tournament..

[Edited on 6-26-2012 by bigmike58]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 07:10 PM
nice pics

HOLA, nice shots !! whats up with the 80# leader breakin ?? I used to guide on the east cape and out of cabo before it turned into a zoo and had good luck with triline 50# and no leader and sometimes depending on the lure a bearing swivel.. always" the lest knots the better"...K & T :cool:
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 07:27 PM

KW, I don't know what the problem is, the leader is breaking near the knot on the hook. We get the snap swivel and about 5' of leader back every time. I'm new at this salt water fishing thing, fished bass tourny's forever. I had our local tackle store just pre-rig all my crap since I'm a newbie. All the rods/reels/line and lures are new. It's just another baja adventure, learning as we go.......:)
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 08:21 PM
KNOTS

HOLA,BIGMIKE,,IS THAT YOUR RED CAT THAT IS YOUR PIC ON THIS SIGHT???? SWEET !! MYSELF LIKE THE X2 PALAMOR KNOT.. ITS A PAIN AT FIRST WITH LURES OR DOULBLE HOOKS AND BIG LINE... BUT A STRONG KNOT!! I AWAYS RUN A LIGHT DRAG AND WORK THE HELM WITH A FISH ON...EASY TO DO ON A SMALL CAT.. IF YOU WANT THAT FISH ON THE DINNER TABLE,,LET IT RUN,RUN,RUN WHILE YOUR DRAG IS SORTA ON THE LOOSE SIDE.. KEEP THE BOAT FOLLOWING IT..WORKS A LOT BETTER THAT TRYING TO BULL A FISH IN !!99 PERCENT OF LOST FISH IS DU TO TRYING TO OVER POWER THE FISH !! I TELL MY GUEST TO KEEP THE TIP UP,,TAKE UP THE SLAK AND WHEN THE FISH WANTS TO RUN...LET IT..THATS WHAT WEARS UM OUT..K & T..PS WIRE LEADER (BLACK) IS ALSO A GOOD THING..K&T..
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2012 at 09:24 PM

BigMike, what knot do you use on that mono...maybe we can help
Fishmagician
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 07:35 AM

BigMike, Knots often don't hold if they aren't seated (tight) well.

I have used the palmar knot a lot for inshore fish, but I've had it pull out on heavier line.

The San Diego knot, a jam knot may hold better for you. The link below give a wide range of knots to help you out.

http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 08:18 AM

BigMike58, Thanks for the pics.:D The leader line must be bad. :?:
bigmike58
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 04:56 PM

Well...We won the tourny today thanks to the 16lb red snapper that my wife caught.. going to dinner right now will post more info and pics shortly.. and we broke off again at the boat..same place as the last 2-3 times
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 6-26-2012 at 05:38 PM

Wonder if they 'P-nched' the leader to tie the knot, thus weakening the leader. I use a palomar alot....easy and strong!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.